1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC GFX discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by Briklebritt, Nov 14, 2018.

1. alepaludo

alepaludo Gamer

There is actually a video analysis here.
    The design choice aims to reach 60fps on average, not min, on xbox one. Horizon features much different racing conditions.
    I would never doubt an anecdotal account. But that test shows otherwise. Certainly the conditions were different.

2. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

Forza 7 maxed out already looks in this state of ACC worse than ACC maxed out. I have both games on my system and the attention to detail, texture work and lighting are in ACC miles ahead Forza.
    Only thing that Forza has on their aging engine going is the sheer amount of cars and tracks, but to me the tracks look mostly bland and the fixed time of day and baked in shadows (although sun is in a different position which makes it look all super weird) don't help either. The game feels to me like only a pretty ok to nice surface but very shallow under the hood.

3. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

I said it before, AC attracts people from games like Forza, GT and PCars, that only care about gaming with fantastic graphics and simplified physics.
    The good thing now, is that they will learn the best way what Sim Racing is about.

Not that ACC graphics are bad, for the contrary. In my opinion compared to other Sim titles it is now on top, the detail and all the atmospheric effects make it a very immersive ambiance.

Last night I had a go with ver. 0.3.4 and it looked a little more polish graphically.

Cheers,
    Pedro

Ricky Reject and Fremen_78 like this.
  4. I think this discussion is pretty much over, the dev in this thread acknowledged the shimmering and performance issues, which are the 2 areas where everyone would like to see improvements.
    Now there's really nothing more to discuss, we just have to wait and see when/if they'll be resolved.

Personally i have complete faith they'll get it right in the end of course. They always delivered with AC so i have no doubt they will keep doing the same.

5. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Adding other racing series, I would hope :) WTCC, BTCC...

Jempy likes this.
  6. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

It doesn't matter if the aim is for 60fps average on console. On pc it runs way better than on xbox and can easily maintain 60fps@4k. The game probably wouldn't be able to get a decent performance on console with the better lightning of Horizon, so that's probably why it's different, but it doesn't mean it can't.

I think ACC looks good, compared to other sims it's indeed pretty good but let's not exaggerate. I think it's lacking that polish of a final product.

And yes, graphics do matter(to a certain point). I doubt anyone would play the best sim ever made if it had minecraft graphics nor would they play the most realistic looking game if it had the worst gameplay possible. People look for balance, and it's 2018, games released now tend to look way better than just a few years ago, so people expectations are higher, it's normal.

mESCx and Freddie Seng like this.
  7. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

GT4, Porsche Cup & Super Trofeo would make more sense. Also lets not forget that we've a long way to go until v1.0 and they release the 2019 update.

However I wouldn't be surprised to see some Asian Blancpain GT content in the future, but I'm obviously only speculating and daydreaming.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
    Fremen_78 likes this.
  8. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Stefano should put some easter eggs in there :D

9. tabis

tabis Simracer

:)

Unfortunately the people forgetting (good) things too fast :rolleyes:

Hagen, LeDude83 and liakjim like this.
  10. Plastic_Manc

Plastic_Manc Hardcore Simmer

The CPU is going to have to wait in all honesty as a bigger project, so GPU is easier for now. I have a 4790k clocked at 4.8ghz so it's not dead in the water just yet.

11. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

They're also willing to help a foreigner who has broken down in Italy 2000 miles from home :):):)

LeDude83 and Ischemica like this.
  12. Fernandito

Fernandito Racer

I can't believe some people believe ac looks better than acc does, regardless the antialiasing technique used in acc. I mean not sure if serious unless your rig specs doesn't meet the game requirements at all.

13. Just try it in VR. AC without any supersampling looks better than ACC with SS 2.0. And ACC needs something like 4 times the processing power to run that.

Blamer likes this.
  14. luxxx797

luxxx797 Simracer

well, for me ACC in VR with SS 1.5 look far better than AC SS 1.7 maxed out(natural graphics mod only)

15. Fernandito

Fernandito Racer

I understand your frustration, but may I remind you that acc VR is still under heavy development, and that VR users are to be honest not that many compared to the rest of the bulk.

Acc needs four times processing things because it is a modern game that features not only complex tyre behaviour (acc physics literally laugh on ac slick tyre physics), but also suspension, damping and now more than ever before downforce simulation. Also, we have now weather conditions combined with its inevitable impact on car behavioral in a dinamic way. All of this need porwerful cpus, with preferable more than 4 cores, and in my case with hyperthreading enabled despite its high stock frequency of 4Ghz (i74790k) in order to simulate more than 4 cores and avoid shuttering. Yes, even with my monster cpu, if I go no hyperthreading on just four physical cores, I too face shuttering and problems related to it in spite of the 4Ghz if I don't lower cpu demanding settings in the game graphics menu. The moment I enable hyperthreading, the moment I can set all those back on epic.

ACC physics in its current situation play on another league compared to ac1, plues all the weather and suspension/damping/tyre/downforce simulation. Yes, some optimization is of course in order, but comparing ac1 to acc in terms of performance hungry simply makes no sense, as ac1 engine is outdated to the root and beyond (in terms of graphics and visual stuff) more simple than ue4.

UE4 engine, unless we are playing tekken7 needs power folks. What were you thinking, that ue4 is sorta walk in the park performance wise despite its friendly developer tools?, all those of you with hyperthreading processors that have only 4 physical ones just remember to enable it. And all those of you with just 4 core processors (previous i5 generations primarily), just remember to lower any setting that is cpu demanding in order to avoid max cpu usage and thus avoiding shuttering and micro-shuttering.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
    Freddie Seng and th3o like this.
  16. We'll see how the active user base evolves. Right now it looks like more content results less users which for me is slightly alarming. Especially when pretty much only weaknesses the game has are related to Unreal engine.

Let's hope the sales are good enough to get these troubles sorted out. I have the patience to wait but at the same time it worries me a bit because I would really love to drive brilliantly simulated Kunos cars with Luca's latest magic with sounds. Because I think those aspects of the game are class-leading in quality.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  17. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

Graphics are secondary to physics IMO. I'm prepared to lower my image quality to achieve 90 fps in VR but at the moment it isn't possible. Photo realism is just hot air or a facade if the physics is nonexistent like in Forza.

18. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Wouldn't that be due to better AA in AC as that's all supersampling does is render at higher res then downscale, I think the actual graphics engine, models, lighting weather etc is way ahead of anything in AC including fully modded and tweaked. But sure the AA and AF in ACC is a long way behind AC, lots of this is due to the engine and its TAA method but other games using the same engine have managed better results so it should be possible but still in this area it may always fall short of AC.

Maxed out both games though if you ignore the aliaising issues its clear that UE4 does everything else better, add to it the evolved kunos physics and I see lots of promise in ACC. Even with the poorer AA I would much prefer to fire up ACC over AC even if I would rarely drive gt3 cars in AC so it must say something is working here. ;)

Nahkamarakatti and Deatroy like this.
  19. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

I think the graphics look photorealistic in some situations (especially replays) and fairly dull in others. That goes for pretty much any game; you can cherry-pick anything to make it look either horrible or fantastic.
    Overall I'm happy with it.

To answer the OP's questions:
    a) Your eyes, expectations and EA.
    b) I would say yes, you bought the wrong ACC. You should probably have waited until v1.0 (or a month or two after that). And I'm not even sure you will have a different view then.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
    th3o likes this.
  20. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

Same goes for me, i am overall happy with it, i see the strong foundation and see already the progress.
    I keep also comparing it to EA of AC and how the game developed over the years. To me it's almost day/night difference between how AC looks now to how it looked in EA. So why not cutting Kunos the same slack here? They showed already that they deliver and to me they are one of the most fair developer studios out there when it comes to pricing. I got already over 50 hours in with this little amount of content already, for 25€. Really can't complain.