1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC GFX discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by Briklebritt, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Oh really?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Fear

Fear Racer

The way I see it, is that post processing and effects f*ck things up, both in AC and in ACC.
    And in most of the modern games, actually.
    If you turn PP off in AC, you'll get closer image to that of the tech preview.
    But then - no shiny things, no flames, etc.

Unfortunately for me and anybody who prefers crispness over shining and flashing is screwed, that goes for almost every game out there, not only AC/ACC and other sims.

P.S.
    About the two pictures, I prefer the tech preview one - seems much more natural and realistic, but then again, my taste in those things is not common at all - most people prefer the shiny things. :)

magzire likes this.
  3. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

Yes @ Michael, as to me lighting, shaders and shadows make the most visual impact difference. You can see how much more refined the second screenshot is. Of course the trees and objects are the same.

4. Turk

Turk Alien

I did try it in VR, and AC does not look better than ACC, no matter how much super sampling is involved. AC looks about as good as it can look on my PC. I went to Nurburgring in both sims and ACC was obviously better. Obviously!

5. As an aside, here is a literal night and day difference
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyways, back on subject:
    This does not look good to me:
    [​IMG]

I hope that between now and v1.0 the blurriness becomes sharp and the blue tint becomes something much more natural.

Fear, Manfredk2, Cote Dazur and 2 others like this.
  6. Turk

Turk Alien

The "blurriness" didn't look like Blur to me in VR, it was almost like a pixalated look, stuff in the distance that should have merged together got blocky and it was like there was a fight over control of that pixel.. I have already noticed an improvement from the second patch.

I'll have to try ACC on my monitor and see what I notice. Part of the problem here is I'm on VR, someone else is on triples and the next guy is on a wide screen monitor.

7. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

i do not know what your pc specs are Michael, but my ACC looks clean and sharp af if i max everything out. it looks nowhere near like that screenshot you posted.
    if this is what your game looks like, then yes, i agree, it does not look good.
    my guess is that you can not or have not maxed it out because of your pc-specs.
    but then i can say: probably they will optimize several graphical adjustments down the line, it's maybe too raw at the moment.
    however, if you max the settings out, max temporal everything epic, 100% sharpness, it looks absolutely clean, no shimmer no nothing.

8. plaid

plaid Alien

Like one youtuber pointed out the game looks really impressive in replays/outside the car, but the jump from the cockpitperspective isn't that great, at least in dry and sunny conditions. Night and clouded conditions are definitly better.

However, I think that that maybe is a problem of the genre, so that tracks where all the objects are quite far away PLUS the high FOV many use increasing it, make it hard make the actual level of detail not very visible from the cockpit.
    Its mostly the other cars, rare situations with objects close to the track and some more detailed textures maybe that make it more obivious. Unless you race on a track like Macau something like Horizon will usually look much better.Alaising and bluriness probably further increase the problem.
    It makes it also maybe difficult to see what makes the game demanding.

Again: I don't think that its necessary that Kunos competes with Microsoft. Regarding the engine I would have expected that the one of choice would provide good AA and sharpness with decent hardware. That is maybe somewhat surprising for some.

Are there maybe also differences between different manufactures regarding some effects? I know that at least in the past some things were better with Nvidia cards and some with AMD.

9. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Yes there is a big gap between what we see in replay from what we see while driving in ACC. Not so much if at all in AC.

Yes also, bright lights are much more revealing than at night, we all have had experience meeting someone in a night club that looked somehow different in the morning light.:p

AC look similar in replay as what we see in driving, is it like that with Horizon, Forza, or the other game that are supposed to look good?
    My only experience of a good looking game is PCars2 and it look pretty much the same ( to me) while driving or replay.:)

In VR, playing with the variable consoles settings in engine.ini, makes me believe that given time, ACC will look just fine in the future, while driving.:)

10. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Do I read that right, the game doesn't look good/looks worse in cockpit perspective than in track cameras, especially in sunny conditions?

Not sure about that. Looks very similar to me, perhaps less noticeable transitions with some car shaders when in-cockpit, and no reflections in track cameras, but otherwise the same. And I think the game looks worse than it could be around mid-day but at other times/conditions it doesn't look bad.

pippo10 and Freddie Seng like this.
  11. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Looks pretty good to me in cockpit or external views, obviously in tv cams the higher angle and also DOF blur will make the lines look better at Paul Ricard then when in car. But really I don't notice them much when driving, this is maxed out at 4k and really it would be nice if AC looked like this but it doesn't.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
    After_Midnight likes this.
  12. martcerv

martcerv Alien

13. martcerv

martcerv Alien

14. Fear

Fear Racer

Do you get playable FPS in 4K and maxed out?

15. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I turn down foliage, shadows and draw distance to high to play. If SLI becomes enabled or maybe dx12 enables multi gpu, then I should be able to easily max out 4k, but on a single 1080 overclocked with water its not quite doable atm.

Here is a short video captured during this race, I think I was getting about 55fps maxed and once I started capturing with shadowplay it went to about 50 fps. I also usually don't have motion blur on but it actually didn't look too bad this time.

Video will be up in a couple minutes but may take YT a while to encode the max quality 4k playback.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
  16. plaid

plaid Alien

Looks fine I guess, besides the ailaising and being a bit blurry. Mid-day isn't favourable for games in general, true, but what I mentioned also are factors.

Dunno, I can't remember AC's Ricard having problems with the blue lines regarding alaising - thats the main problem, besidse the performance on midrange hardware I think. . Also - unlike NürGP and Misano - it got a heavy blue tint.

17. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

I was playing around last night and the resolution makes a huge difference to how this game looks (more so that project cars for example) I normally have it 1440 with epic tAa, high effects and everything else turned down which I can get a fairly solid 60fps with and looks ok, certainly good enough as I’m not too bothered by pretty graphics.....4K maxed out does look amazing in fairness but gives me about 20fps (wouldnt expect any more on my system), 1080p looks pretty rough at Paul Ricard, the lines are a bit of a blurry mess so can understand why some folks are raising it....

18. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

I tried ACC maxed out in 4k on the OLED TV and while it looks great and runs stable 60fps, i got so used to 1440p resolution and around 120fps that 60fps seem stuttery to me. It's not playable for me. Now i understand what all people were saying when they said racing games played better in over 60 fps xD

D.Jankovic and Nahkamarakatti like this.
  19. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Have you guys tried the current Special Event - Hotlap Superpole with the Huracan in the wet Misano? Does anybody else think that this looks insanely good?!?

D.Jankovic, th3o and CKraegel like this.
  20. magzire

magzire Alien

Checkmate, never liked PP. More frames and looks worst. And why the **** would they remove tarmac details