1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC vs other sims

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Ku_Ba, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Ku_Ba

Ku_Ba Rookie

Iracing:
    Multiplayer 5
    Physics 3,5
    Graphics 3,5
    Sound 3,5

Raceroom Racing
    Multiplayer 2
    Physics 5
    Graphics 3,5
    Sound 5

ACC so far
    Multiplayer 0,3 I really hope today we will se a proper multiplayer
    Physics 4
    Graphics 4,5
    Sound 5

ACC for me is ALMOST a perfect sim. BUT :( for some reason after few rounds it gets terribly boring. Dont know why, but it is.

For now and for me the RRE is the winner.

How do you see it guys ?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019

2. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

'RaceRoom physics 5, ACC physics 4.5 :p

Traind and Michael Hornbuckle like this.
  3. I like r3e too. But i am also cant live w/o good graphics. So r3e and acc are 2 best sims for me. I am trying hard enjoy rf2 but they should fire current cgi dude(s) and find some professionals instead.

4. trutya

trutya Simracer

for offline racing ACC is already the best for me, because of AI. i love the car handling, sounds, graphics too.
    i'm sure the bugs will be solved for the final release the AI misbehaviours will be sorted out, and i really hope they will put some strategy play (sc, fcy, damage, mechenical/tyre issues for me and AI too) for bigger immersion. (option for unlimited tyre set is promising btw) after final release i'm definitely up for an offline career mode.

for the moment for me the rf2 seems to be the most complete sim, but the quality of components is very different unfortunately. btw the endurance pack is really fun, also i like the gt3 world series mod too.

raceroom: the sounds are great, the tracks are accurate. for offline racing it's good that it has a lot of content, but lack of tracks, you can't make real championships because tracks are missing (but the AI selector is a great step forward) - but the missing night/day cycles and weather options, the lots of online ****s (you can't finish your lap after timer goes 0:00, can't jump the start, can't finish your lap after checquered flag) takes a lot from the immersion and rather arcadish.

(however for me the most complete sim is still gtr2...)

Son and Axel Vogelsang like this.
  5. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

I think it's almost not fair putting a figure against MP right now as it is so incomplete. Everything else I agree with. I do NOT get bored easily with ACC though, I find a lot of joy in driving this sim.

Physics gripe: OTT spins when tapped by an AI car and their weird stability control 'swing' when spinning. That is not right.

Graphics gripe: AA.

trutya likes this.
  6. Fernandito

Fernandito Racer

Project Cars 2 by far the best right after rfactor2 in terms of tyre simulation, but pc2 still wins vs rfactor because of weather and the insane content. PC2 has no actual competition at all since last year.

Iracing is of course the undisputed winner online wise, but its tyre simulation ain't that good at all. Not to mention the fee you have to pay to play online, something you won't have to do with ACC.

Still, I can't wait to see how acc game fares online. It was born with this one goal basically, and it should be so much fun just because of that and the ranking system that backs it up. Only problem with acc is that it's just awful boring GT3 cars, but the online competition should still be the online competition = fun.

Slowbloke and Arlo like this.
  7. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

I see it like this, so far:

Iracing: 11 years old
    RRE: 6 years old
    ACC EA: 4 month old
    ACC: not yet released

I gladly compare them after ACC is released.;)

Kristaps, Ricky Reject, Turk and 4 others like this.
  8. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

@AC Support please lock thread. It won't lead to anything good.

digitizer, Ricky Reject, mms and 5 others like this.
  9. Chris 576

Chris 576 Hardcore Simmer

Impossible to compare a WIP to a finished article.
    It's like comparing a farmers field to a completed house for which is the best to live in and keep warm, pointless

digitizer, Turk, TDS and 1 other person like this.
  10. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

I find Raceroom physics are not very realistic, you need to be sliding and spinning up the rear tires to be really quick out of corners, if a GT3 car did that IRL, spinning up the tires would make you slower, that's why all the top drivers don't use TC.
    I love the FFB though, its my #1 FFB, online is non existent if you don't have a community.

iRacing for online, worst graphics, FFB is ok.A

Project Cars 2 - Amazing graphics, FFB is pretty good, physics feel terrible, floaty, spinny, online bit better the raceroom but no iRacing. Load of content.

ACC - Amazing graphics when the AA is sorted out, at least in 4K it looks stunning, cant compare online yet as it just doesn't work currently, FFB is ok, more work to do IMO no feel of the front wheels at all.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  11. Daniel Costa

Daniel Costa Racer

chksix, Ku_Ba and mr Switchblade like this.
  12. mms

mms Alien

My SIM is better than yours (even if it's the same) ;)

13. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

I disagree

iRacing graphics are the best, the most realistic looking sim.

Traind likes this.
  14. f_deutsch

f_deutsch Hardcore Simmer

I disagree that you disagree on what I disagree

Turk and Kristaps like this.
  15. Ku_Ba

Ku_Ba Rookie

After update 0.5 I am changing the result:
    ACC so far

Multiplayer 0,3 I really hope today we will se a proper multiplayer
    Physics 3
    Graphics 4,5
    Sound 5

It is going to be a antoher console game. We can throw our steerning wheels out and plug in PS controlers !!

16. rpm

rpm Racer

ACC is on a completely different level when it comes to what the driver needs to be able to handle. In ACC you think about every little bump on the track. In others you think about, well, nothing really. ACC requires hardcore next level thinking patterns.

17. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

How many buttons has a console controler to use TC, TC2, ABS, ECU Map, Light, Rainlight, Flashlight, Ignition, Engine Start, Display change, Brake balance...

Son and D.Jankovic like this.
  18. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

They want to make it easier for people to control the UI trough the wheel and not have to leave the wheel and use keyboard and mouse.

19. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

In version 0.5 ACC for me from 1 to 5 stars:

Graphics: 4 (compared to what top of the line graphics in a 'next gen racing game' 2019 can be)
    Physics: 5
    Sound: 5

I expect graphics to get better as development continues. There are still many rough edges there but i can see the great potential. Just needs more refinement.

20. Pulley

Pulley Simracer

I couldn't disagree more with reference to " In others you think about, well, nothing really.", I think you need to retry other Sims and give them some credit.

hristo1026, Ku_Ba and Nahkamarakatti like this.