1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Will it have driver swapping?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Stian Verherstraeten, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Can you swap with someone in a multiplayer race? Just like in real life. This would make it really good for endurance races like we find in iRacing.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Gameplay AI pit again on top of hour instead of changing driver when swapping tyres Jun 14, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Driver swapping in multiplayer not working Jun 19, 2019
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Driver Profile / Stats / Track / 24H Nürburgring Apr 3, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Viewing wrong car following driver swap Feb 4, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Where do you find the the driver assist settings? Jan 31, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions How to show the team name in the driver list Dec 31, 2023
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Codriver Server is up again. Nov 24, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer dedicated server cant set driver info "black background" Sep 24, 2023
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Safety rating - differences between driver statistics and ingame Sep 2, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Career Mode Extra Drivers? Jul 26, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Invisible steering wheel/driver and greyed out button Jul 23, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Please insert a report function for dirty drivers Jul 18, 2023
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Limited tracktime / driver Jul 5, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions XBOX Series X - driver swaps May 24, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Nvidia driver 531.68 issues. Apr 28, 2023

3. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

It is base part of the Blancpain and i belive it was teased and mentioned around but never fully confirmed. So we wait and see

4. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

I'm pretty sure it was confirmed?

It's one of the reasons i'm here, and to have realistic endurance races it's a MUST since no driver is allowed to run race alone :p I doubt one would want to quit his stint and let the AI drive in his stead for hours

Viggdred and Son like this.
  5. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

6. Well just hold your horses. That means that will be driver swaps. Doesn't say if you will swap with AI or others players

7. Thanks for your replies guys! I'll just wait and hope for the best then ;)

8. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

i think it would be silly to just have AI swaps, would you like to let your pc running with AI for hours? In any case we'll see soon i guess

MerlinCooper likes this.
  9. earlyapex

earlyapex Hardcore Simmer

For a single player gamer like me, I would like to swap with AI but with the option to skip to the end of the AIs stint and continue my next stint but also the option to drive the AIs stint too(more seat time).
    2 options I'ld like to see:
    Full swap rules: swap with AI, watch it, fast forward or skip to end.
    Relaxed swap rules: swap with AI, but drive the AI stint yourself.

bhendrik, Adastros, manudouet and 2 others like this.
  10. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

[QUOTE="earlyapex, post: 1021583, member: 6795"Relaxed swap rules: swap with AI, but drive the AI stint yourself.[/QUOTE]
    I'd be surprised if this wasn't an option as it is what happens in single player races currently.

mikendrix likes this.
  11. Guys,
    can not have 6 hour or 24 hour races in multiplayer without driver changes.
    I remember Massarutto commenting in the interviews, before the game's launch, about the challenges of getting all the information passed to the new driver who will take over the car.

So, I have no doubt that we will have this function in mutliplayer mode.

Viggdred likes this.
  12. henri

henri Hardcore Simmer

I think it's more usefull option if you can play same time with multiple cars. Like in Geoff Crammond Grand Prix series games. You had short turns to drive yourself and when it's not your turn AI controls your car. It was great fun to race with several friends in one PC. No split screen nonsense.

13. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

+1

Wolf WolfZ likes this.
  14. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

I spoke about that with Stefano at Spa last year and they were working on that option to give the control to AI with the driver swap. Back than the idea was to have the choice to either watch the AI for the time you're not driving, or go to a fast forward mode where the sim would be sped up significantly and the AI wild race on limited physics.

I don't know if that is still the plan, but the options are nice in my opinion.

Saving and resuming an AI race wild be interesting as well.

15. Turk

Turk Alien

I think they'll have to have swap to AI, it's in the rules of the sport so I don't think they'd be able to give the player a free pass. You should be able to take control of the AIs run but I think the swap would have to happen.

Son likes this.
  16. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

It wouldn't be authentic or Blancpain GT without driver swaps.

Son likes this.
  17. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

No. You'll have to do the 24 hours of Spa on your own.

Strawberry and Wolf WolfZ like this.
  18. Wolf WolfZ

Wolf WolfZ Gamer

Still no official response from the Lord. This makes me nervous :eek:

Strawberry likes this.
  19. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

I would prefer the option to save the game mid-session, than to let the AI drive.
    Just imagine, the computer driver ruins your race...

trasgu and Wolf WolfZ like this.
  20. Wolf WolfZ

Wolf WolfZ Gamer

I agree for single player mode , but for online, driver swap is critical to endurance Competizione.:D

trasgu and Karsten Beoulve like this.
  21. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien