1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Will it have driver swapping?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Stian Verherstraeten, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Adastros

Adastros Racer

we have driver change already but just the name

2. Lain13

Lain13 Rookie

Hi, in a little different manner but still concerning the driver swapping, I would like to let someone try my game (races etc ...) but without modifying my own rating. Is it possible? Thank you

3. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

4. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

Still possible, you just have to save your game, and play it session after session.
    Doing 24H races would be like starting a huge novel, you play each chapter once a day.

5. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

6. Freddie Seng

Freddie Seng Hardcore Simmer

Yes but will it have driver swaps??

Just kidding. Reacting to the people still asking although it's been confirmed 17 times

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  7. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

That's arcade. You have to do the 24 hours in one sitting.

8. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

Just imagine, the human driver you share the car with, scaps it. At least you'd have someone you can most violently punish...lol.

9. R1-Limited

R1-Limited Racer

So I have a question, were in each of these links you trolled I mean posted doe sit say Driver swaps? I mean I can link posts to but nothing in those links make it a 100% deal just honorable mentions

Now Back to the dispute of Driver swaps
    I can see the the AI swap areument as well as a real team argument. Meaning what is the rules (4 Drivers Mim 4 drivers Max?) I do not know but I would personally like to see and it would be cool, to have the Teams Linked so they can run their own rigs, be designated a Driver number/ID per that team membership ID and when the pit comes, they select the drive and control goes to the new driver. Of course the Crew Chief would have control over designating the next driver, or a single driver just chooses the AI.
    With AI, that AI will need to be able to produce laps similar to the originating driver to not give any team a competitive edge. That in itself would be a big development nightmare

Certainly a huge undertaking, the logistics alone to migrate the Car setup to each driver minus RIG components is a challenge, I do not see the Car Setup to be as it is or would be cloud based and a single point for a Team Effort for car setup. The the Driver could and would assign buttons to adjust brakes, suspension etc, but in seriousness if these guys pull it off the First Real SIM that can run 4 drivers for 24 hours and be Multiplayer

HOLY SHIOT

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
  10. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Did you read what is in any of those links? You didn’t, did you?
    But still, just for you:

First link: “appoint the next driver”, the next driver will be a driver swap
    Second link: “driver swaps”
    Third link: “driver swaps”
    Fourth link: “driver changes”, changing drivers or swapping drivers, are synonymous.

And as you forgot to had my other post with another “trolling” link, that fifth link: “Drivers swaps”

Now go read them if you care about it and let me look here for that button...

Son, Poguinhas and D.Jankovic like this.
  11. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

:D challenge accepted

12. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

MathMilitary likes this.
  13. It's definitley going to have driver swaps, this isn't speculation or crystal ball gazing.

It's already in the pit stop menu option, just currently grey'd out.

D.Jankovic likes this.
  14. R1-Limited

R1-Limited Racer

That's not what it says.

15. Karolinis

Karolinis Racer

You are either new here or you haven't been paying attention - Kunos says NOTHING until they know the feature will be implemented / its in development. So the fact that its already talked about by them means its WIP.

Minolin likes this.
  16. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

^^^This

and also in AI races Sprint or Endurance races when you pit your UI name changes but there is no animation (i wrote a thread a way back mentioning this it was tagged as WOrking on it) so we need to wait and see.

17. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

18. R1-Limited

R1-Limited Racer

Kronos was blowed up in star trek, shesh bro get with it, and you say I am green

19. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

Wow! This guy must really be in desperate need for attention.

20. R1-Limited

R1-Limited Racer

Ya right? the OP is such a instigater