1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Sportsmanship is NOT to play around

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by scalefox, Oct 21, 2019.

1. scalefox

scalefox Gamer

Hi All,
    What I simply cannot have is, when people in online races don't pass even when they are faster. Just do as if they wanted to pass but then get off the accelerator. Repeating that again and again and again.

If you want to inflate your SA rating, do it with AI drivers. If you need to inflate your ego by showing somebody that you could pass but don't think it's worth it, find a psychologist.

(Just got hit by such a guy for the second time in different races)

G

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
    Son, eracerhead and Piret2000 like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Screens & Videos AI fun - poor sportsmanship though ;) Feb 11, 2016
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Can anyone play the game on XBOX now? Thursday at 7:15 PM
    ACC Troubleshooting ingame Replay TV cameras are black but with sound Apr 20, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Multiplayer disconnected Apr 20, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions How to change your players name? Apr 17, 2024
    ACC Gameplay Race length in Single player Mar 29, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC Will it get cross party not just cross play on consoles? Mar 23, 2024
    Bug reports Lap 0 Laptime is way off! Multiplayer Server Mar 17, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Unplanned multiplayer server outage Mar 13, 2024
    XBox One Discussions I FINALLY got my SA to play in Competition servers on xbox one and...... Feb 2, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Replays sterring locked Jan 31, 2024
    ACC Gameplay Single player championship bug after 1.9.6 update Jan 24, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Shocking screen unplayable Jan 20, 2024
    Bug reports Problemi volante raplay Jan 17, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Single player Lamborghini BOP Jan 13, 2024

3. jacyhv

jacyhv Rookie

Welcome ACC

4. Maxidyne

Maxidyne Hardcore Simmer

Online gaming in a nutshell... That's why I stopped with online racing/gaming.

5. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

It's annoying, yes. Happened to me only once or twice in ACC. If you notice it, safely change lanes on a straight and lift the throttle. The fast guy will most likely not slow down with you but finally make the pass.

CrimsonEminence likes this.
  6. Ricky Reject

Ricky Reject Hardcore Simmer

Probably best solution to this "problem", yes.

On a related note, I had a guy who was clearly faster than me chase me for several laps. I can be quite a starch defender but at first I thought he was just toying or trolling with me but in the end it turns out he just really wanted to make a good clean pass rather than a lurch down the first given opportunity. I think he said something like "rather a good fight for 8th than a solitary race in 1st".

So respect to him :)

7. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Yes, it's right - good comment. Sometimes when I'm the faster driver I also can't make a clean pass and need to stay behind. It might create the impression that I'm toying. But again...if the front runner gets nervous - move over in a safe place and lift a bit.

After_Midnight and Ricky Reject like this.
  8. schlauchheidl

schlauchheidl Rookie

i don t understand the fuzz about it - actually i feel honored if some faster racer takes the time to show me around the track - plus driving together is all simracing is about - it is super boring if you are lapping by yourself - especially if you are first and all the cool action is behind you - if sbd doesn t appreciate the "toying" why even bother to play MP?

9. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Showing you around the track works if the other guy is ahead. Behind you he obviously can't show you how he manages to go quicker than you.
    It can make you very nervous if someone is sitting 3 feet behind you. It's unsafe in the long run, especially if the guy ahead will possibly use earlier brake points. This is not the "driving together" that makes sim racing so good.

Don't hook with the word "toying" and assume that people don't appreciate the "toy" or "game" factor of a sim. That's not what this thread is about.

Karsten Beoulve and eracerhead like this.
  10. eracerhead

eracerhead Hardcore Simmer

About a week ago, I had someone who was clearly faster than me. He’d stay about 3 car lengths back until I took an apex a little wide, then he’d rocket past me. He’d then slow up about half a lap further and let me pass, then stick on my bumper again That got rapidly annoying.

Piret2000 likes this.
  11. scalefox

scalefox Gamer

I let him pass but then he "waited" for me on the straight. I don't feel honored. This has nothing to do with racing and is just annoying. And like I said, in the end both of them hit me me since they might be fast but still not safe. You can do that with AI, they don't care.

12. They were probably farming SA.

anthonylroy likes this.
  13. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Or possibly they weren't. Such rare behaviour has been around for a very long time, way before Minolin had first thought of any sort of ratting.

14. Dufloth

Dufloth Racer

Many times I am faster and I do exactly what you are describing.

For your perspective might look like showing off or bullying, but most of the times it’s super hard to make a clean pass. Put into the bag the lag, and you got your situation.

ACC for me has been above average in clean drivers. Passing the right way is super hard. That’s why real races don’t have much overtakes as we like

15. scalefox

scalefox Gamer

I have no problem if someone stays behind and obviously can't find a way to pass. I, off course, defend my position and off course in a clean way. But I am talking about passing half way and then going off the accelerator or passing fully and then "waiting" after the next turn to let the other person pass again. Just to start over. This is what I am talking about. BTW, in both cases, I was the leader and there were only 3-4 people in the race.
    Don't get me wrong. I love clean fights. But if you pass, just pass and win or go for the next one.

16. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I honestly don't think that such behaviour occurs frequently enough to be considered an issue.

Like Dufloth, I experience very clean racing in ACC without even the need for closed groups. QuickJoin races for me are convenient and on a whole new safety level compared to non-regulated racing in ACC or AC.

m_box97 likes this.
  17. scalefox

scalefox Gamer

So, it was just by chance that I experienced that two times in a row. Hope you are right.
    Happy racing.

18. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I think so, yes. Maybe come back after 10 additional hours of racing and report how many more times this happened. Please bring some videos, as well.

19. scalefox

scalefox Gamer

I don't have a video from the incidents but my car was still shaking afterwards.

EsxPaul, anthonylroy and chksix like this.
  20. Would you consider pulling over, go to garage and send a brief chat indicating you'd prefer not to do that?
    Doesn't seem like a big deal. Certainly nowhere near the "crime" that wreckers do... For me, I prefer close racing, whether it's in practice or race. It's actually very good practice to have another car/driver breathing down your neck, lap after lap.
    I don't know, I'm just not getting how this is a problem OR if it is, then there are very easy ways to solve in individual situations (ie., send a chat msg). Just my 1 cent.

chksix likes this.
  21. scalefox

scalefox Gamer

I am there for racing. Not practicing, not getting to the garage, not chatting but RACING. Racing is the thing where you find out who is faster. Right?