1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Triple Screen Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by AT_RubberDuck, Sep 12, 2018.

1. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

Cool... why does the center screen appear smaller? Any shots in-car?

2. mark beszant

mark beszant Gamer

I think its because I've used the super-wide photo mode on my phone, side screens are set around 45'

2020-02-06 17.08.28.jpeg

sherpa25 likes this.
  3. mark beszant

mark beszant Gamer

4. Stains

Stains Simracer

Awesome , now load up Mount Panorama , Porsche Cup (single series), rain with x48 time start at 5am with 30 cars and have the best sim racing time of your life ;)
    Ive been doing this over and over again ! Managing to get the Ai to 97 % 85% aggression ! Freaking amazing !

sherpa25 likes this.
  5. Mad.Motion

Mad.Motion Racer

@mark beszant

Could you share your FOV and camera settings please ? I would like to see my wheel a little more but impossible to get that without getting the bucket ears in my sight view.

6. mark beszant

mark beszant Gamer

2020-02-17 16.06.41.jpg

7. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

flat eric!!! - nice setup ;)

8. mark beszant

mark beszant Gamer

Wow! Great combination

9. mark beszant

mark beszant Gamer

Did my setting help ?

10. Mad.Motion

Mad.Motion Racer

@mark beszant

Just checked it last night and nope i just noticed that i can't change my FOV because i am using the ACC Triple Monitor function and Nvidia Surround.

So i am entering my screens sizes and angles and FOV is calculated automaticly. If i set everything manually it is too much "distorded" for my likings and i miss all my entry point, apex, etc... :)

But thanks anyway.

11. This is my triple screen configuration, with bezels corrected with nvidia surround (5904x1080). I don't have overlapping screens, so the bezels are about 20mm. I don't know if this can help you with anything, but hey, I leave it here. ACC-central-screen.png ACC-triple-config.png
    My POV:
    ACC-triplescreen-driver-POV.jpg

deni80s likes this.
  12. Stains

Stains Simracer

I turned off triple screen in ACC to adjust my FOV then back to triples to set my angles and such ! It seems ACC leave them all at 54 degrees if just left in triples !

13. f.e.negroni

f.e.negroni Racer

The FOV setting is ignored when using the triple screen function isn’t it?

14. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Yep. The FOV in triple rendering mode is controlled by setting the correct monitor width and distance from screens. That's why the FOV setting is greyed out (you can see it in the screenshot above), because it's inactive. It works the same is in AC1.

15. Mad.Motion

Mad.Motion Racer

Yes FOV is inactive when using triple screen function of ACC. The FOV is calculated automaticly so the only way to change your inside view is to cheat the system by changing your distance from screen value.

In @mark beszant you can see that he is using a 550mm distance value while you can see on his rig picture that he is probably more in the 900/1000 mm away from his screens.

I tried to do that, but it felt weird for me nad was missing my corners and also braking points i guess.

Stains likes this.
  16. Stains

Stains Simracer

I was thinking the same thing about the distance! Not sure why not input correctly the numbers and also turn off the virtual wheel and lower screens so eyes are level with the screen centers.

17. mark beszant

mark beszant Gamer

I found this to suit my view point of what I see when sat in a real car.

If I use the correct distance I felt like I was sat on the dash board, far too close.

its.me likes this.
  18. mark beszant

mark beszant Gamer

Just checked and my eyes are level with screen centre.

I'm 6.3ft tall. My seat and wheel are at same level that of a real car.

I set the distance to 1000mm but all I see is a oversized dash in front of my eyes. I do wish I could use my rift S for Acc but it's like playing with bad eyesight

19. f.e.negroni

f.e.negroni Racer

Question: I have upgraded to an RTX 2070Super and I have now the option of upgrading to an i5-9600KF or an i7-9700K. (EDIT)

I saw a video comparing the two processor on the same rig, with ACC: the 9700K was getting more FPS and higher GPU utilisation. Rather strange because in neither case the CPU nor the GPU was the bottleneck. But that video was shot at 1080p.

In triple screen, especially with the new proper triple screen, in ACC, do you think, for the same level of quality, I would get more GPU bound than CPU bound?

To make myself clear: is the 9600K going to be stressed much more in triple than in single screen with the same quality settings, than the 9700K?

There's £150 between the two processor, and I'd rather save money obv. but I also don't want to be bottlenecked either...

Last edited: Mar 6, 2020
  20. mark beszant

mark beszant Gamer

I'm still running a i7 4770k with a gtx1080 on 3x40" TVs.. seems fine to me even with a full grid.

f.e.negroni likes this.