1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Is there anyway of preventing it?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by shogel, Apr 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

Please don't let Arse**es like this spoil your enjoyment, its rare, and 99.9% of people are disgusted by cheats, so keep playing

2. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

He doesn't write cheats or hacks. That would require some talent and dedication.
    He's using a tool named "cheat engine" to modify values in memory. Sadly ACC does not protect it's memory or even verify if vital values are still valid (...until now).

verifying would still get him

chksix, XettMan, chakko and 1 other person like this.
  3. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Gamer

theres alot that influences the performance of the car

you cant check all of them, and even if they would, u could also just spoof the data thats being sent to the server making the server think u have legitimate values while you are running triple that or whatever

4. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

Oh, here you are. Cocky as hell, uh?
    well, then maybe it's time to hashtag this data with a salt to verify the integrity of those, too.

sissydriver likes this.
  5. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

c'mon oliver from vienna - there are special events where you are not on 1st place - hack some hotstints.

6. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

We are aware of the situation, thank you.

Dookie, chksix, bart banach and 35 others like this.
  7. vlado Cro

vlado Cro Simracer

Shame u have to think about this on easter. Happy easter to u and Kunos team.

grandepunto, Max Veloce, lero and 5 others like this.
  8. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Gamer

i would not call it cocky, i simply gave you a qualified information, oh and to go back to "he is using cheatengine and changing values", ye its not that simple
    you just dont know what CE is capable of, i could easily port this to a c++ project but while nothing is in the way of using CE, its simply faster and better, it comes with a disassembler a debugger and so many other utilities that simply outpace creating a new project, tho properly hooking and intercepting functions is way easier in c++ than assembly

i am stunned that u managed to read my steam profil infos.

feel free to send me an email

9. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Some of his videos are actually pretty funny; others are just lame.
    In the long run, this kind of hackery is a good thing - I think we'll look back in a year and realise that it triggered server-side checks (in multiple sims) which improve the integrity of the racing for everyone.
    If this guy published a hacking tool tomorrow (maybe he already did :p) you'd have some people being silly (10,000 bhp) and others winning by a small margin because of a small power/grip tweak... and how would you know?
    I'm a little surprised that the server-side checks appear to be non-existent on a whole bunch of racing sims, but I guess I shouldn't be.

BlivAK, grrdabrr and vlado Cro like this.
  10. Poloman

Poloman Racer

The problem isnt him,but someone who just barely takes advantage of this and goes unnoticed,same **** happens to a lot of AC1 leagues and noone cares atm.

11. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

There is a disclaimer in the game that prohibits any reverse engineer of our software. We usually close an eye because... community and fair use.
    Cheating on a server and actually ruining the experience of other people just to prove a point, is not polite, ethic or simply "right".
    We as KUNOS, have an official forum, an official contact form, we are pretty public figures ourselves. You can contact any of us at anytime and as many can tell you, we're always pretty open to discussion and criticism. So you could have done this. Asking us to contact you is not how it works, except if you're only seeking attention.

I'll give you the benefit of doubt as with everybody and hope you will respect the work of years of the devs and the love of the users for the product and the rules of this forum. You know were to find me.

12. Radfahrer

Radfahrer Hardcore Simmer

Addendum : "I know where my lawyer can find you ."

13. shogel

shogel Racer

Maybe I will be annoying, but I must repeat this question - can it be secured? Im a big big fan of ACC, but this info just ruined my enjoyment. I am really hoping for an information , that "we will fix it" . What I am affraid of, is that it cannot be fixed. And I really would want to know it also, because I would race in smaller community. I know its maybe not the time, but Aris please - give us any realistic prediction of what we can expect. If it is unstopable , just tell us. If it isn't - please dont say You are aware of it - say "we are working on it". Dont get me wrong - my biggest respect for all the work you did. We just all want to race clean.

Yossa and cestcomi like this.
  14. shogel

shogel Racer

Im just curious - are thre any games that cannot be hacked? Can you hack iR for example?

15. Yossa

Yossa Rookie

they have an anti-cheat system

16. BlivAK

BlivAK Gamer

>spends all that money to play alone. Shame!

17. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

Every multiplayer game game can be hacked

18. Some comments here are scary as f..k :confused: Why should I don't play my favorite racing simulation online? Because of hackers?
    C'mon guys. This is exaggerated :cool:

Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
  19. Coanda

Coanda Alien

even if i lost an arm, a few toes and my right nut sack i'd still race the sh!t out of ACC..

Luis Branco and After_Midnight like this.
  20. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Gamer

i offered it bcs i thought u guys might be interested, if you are not, than you sure will figure out a way yourself, i wont gain anything either way, so no reason for me to step up myself

edit: i am not sure about the second sentence of yours, does that mean you regulary notice ppl cheating and u just close an eye cuz community and fairuse? interesting stance on a competitive game that ppl seem to take serious

Last edited: Apr 12, 2020