1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2021-2022-2023-2024 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pankykapus, Jan 1, 2021.

1. bhowe83

bhowe83 Racer

Since SA is apparently the topic of discussion, I'd love to see the option to turn off SA impacts for the servers I host.

2. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
  3. Ofc, it was a lot of times :p

sps_for_race likes this.
  4. elchshooter

elchshooter Hardcore Simmer

So finally i got my reverb g2,and yes, i tried almost all the other sims out there, some with butter-smooth 90 fps in vr in my 4k headset@100% resolution

... and where did i land finaly? fiddling with settings until i somehow get 45 fps stable with 70% resolution scale with med to high settings in acc. no way to go back to the contenders...

but PLEASE, my personal new year wish, FIND SOME PERFORMANCE. it just can't be, that it's absolutely impossible with a 2000€ rtx 3090 OC , an OCed 9900k and 32gb of 3200/cl14 ram to get 90 fps stable in a racing game... by far. I'm sorry, i know that this is a very complex sim, and, yeah, it IS damn great, but this is with all given respect - a joke. if that's the maximum, you can get out of this engine, the decision to go that way was plain wrong.
    Anyway, sry for the capital letters, but that's sth. i just don't get...i was absolutely stunned by the progress of the AI after coming back to acc btw. - great fun to drive. ( and hey, the curbs feel MUCH better) ...

Darmote and FriendOfJah like this.
  5. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

If you want to discuss VR performance, go to the ACC Virtual Reality section.

#Race@Home, AndyK70 and sps_for_race like this.
  6. elchshooter

i just wanted to tell what my experience was, when coming back to acc with new hardware. i'd say, that ads to the "general discussion" In fact, i, (and i have no problem to repeat it for you) said, that it's great, ki got much better, and cerbs are feeling much better . but performance in vr is SUB PAR, and accs main weakness. i know, criticism is not a easy thing in this forum , as there's always some fanboy-sherrif, ( i am a fanboy myself), but i was so surprised by the poor performance, that i couldnt resist...

7. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

You do something wrong, my performance with a 2080 is better than yours.
    Go to: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?forums/acc-virtual-reality.83/

And please

8. ManWithAGun

ManWithAGun Rookie

Oh hell. for last 2 days i had similar behavioral problem with ther guys in MP. A car stopped on track. On turn exit, or in braking zone. For 3+laps. May be it will be cool idea to Kunos to implement TP to box and DSQ for cars not moving for 30+ seconds? It's really embarassing.

9. dm3lions

dm3lions Rookie

Eagerly awaiting the British GT pack!!

I'm not quite sure how with Covid around but it was fantastic that SRO/MSV managed to let fans attend all but the Silverstone British GT race this year.

It got me through what was otherwise an absolute stinker of a year, particularly Baldwin winning at Oulton Park.

All of the races were thoroughly enjoyable and now is the time to spend lockdown 3.0 enjoying the tracks in the virtual world.

Fingers crossed Kunos release it in the not too distant future.

10. dm3lions

dm3lions Rookie

Here's Optimum Racing's car on the grid at Oulton! :)

Attached Files:

11. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

Yeah I went to Brands Hatch, was pleasantly surprised for find tickets were available for it at the time, when they still weren't letting fans into to other sporting events at the time... it's a great value day out for the family

chksix likes this.
  12. dm3lions

dm3lions Rookie

Yeah, Brands was great mate. Plenty of social distancing going on as well. Very well managed.

13. Turk

Turk Alien

I got my G2 at the weekend too. I'm able to get 90 fps on VR low on a 2070 super. That's 70% resolution scale. I kind of expect to be back with the settings I was running on the rift CV1 but with added resolution when my 3080 arrives, but was really surprised that I could get it running at 90fps while still getting a better experience than on the rift.

I've found that performance in ACC has gotten much better. I was reading posts going on about how bad their experience was with the G2, but I've found it great, loads of room to play with settings.

Maciej Malinowski likes this.
  14. Maciej Malinowski

Maciej Malinowski Hardcore Simmer

The performance isn’t really a problem, it’s more about just expectations of how it supposed to run on given settings, ppl all over forums come complaining about VR with high or even epic settings just cause they have 3090 or 3080 whatever, but there is so many things that you can just put on low in VR and you don’t even notice but all combined give you a nice 90fps vr experience with just a nice looking game, and also I never had any troubles with sharpness but I guess that depends on the headset a lot,
    End of rant :D

chksix, Clivew and #Race@Home like this.
  15. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

If you consider 10% of the users in this forum uses VR then not even 1% of the total users in ACC uses VR, that's adding to general discussion?
    And they have a dedicated sub-forum.please use this to discuss any further.

16. RDGNL

RDGNL Simracer

I've played on VR-Epic with 300 sharpness since 1.2 came out back in 2019. It's the perfect mix between performance and clarity for my system (8700/1080Ti/Rift S). If you have a headset with a higher resolution, you can lower the rendering resolution to compensate.

17. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Why do we discuss VR here?
    There are nice Threads in the VR section plus a general VR discussion Thread.

AndyK70 and #Race@Home like this.
  18. elchshooter

yeah, but you did dial resolution down in steamvr? people say it's a bug, but the 3k+ per eye are allright( that comes from a hp reverb developer), because of lens correction and some other things) . so if you put e. g. 70% there and 70% ingame it's nowhere near native.

i just wanted to answer, i'm out then and will write in the vr section later...

19. elchshooter

i don't know, does it hurt you somehow if someone mentions mention vr? it's over now, we had a 4 sentence general discussion flavored "vr and performance". relax, man...

Dewald Nel likes this.
  20. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Does it hurt you, to discuss in the correct forum? You need the big stage, I know.