1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2021-2022-2023-2024 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pankykapus, Jan 1, 2021.

1. The problem here is that the for the ten or so years the standards of the game industry is so low; buggy launches, never corrected issues, never ending crashes etc. Most importantly, they do not listen to their player bases and go against their requests and expectations.

devil in me likes this.
  2. henkjansmits

henkjansmits Simracer

This comment: shoot from the hip in the dark :), i was tempted to use the "o rly".

Anyway to also shoot in the dark: i think it will be Unreal again. You dont have that much alternatives if you are not a huge studio. Also ACC worked out pretty well I think. Developers always moan about the platform they have to work on. And Unreal is fine by me (except VR indeed that is crap). Im not a huge fan of the ACC graphics (except the cars) but its pretty good.

3. Unf

Unf Racer

You guys talking a lot about graphic... on game which is a simulator. We all would love to have a both but... at the end what is more important, huh?
    Of course I don't want to say that game can look like a crap even with brilliant physics but this complaining about Unreal engine is a bit boring.

We have a dynamic weather, we have a little flavours like marbles etc. What more you want? Feeling of wind on forehead? ^^
    I don't think that someone is failing in love how realistic trees are around the truck when you are fightning 2W throguh corner...

Flavus and Creegz like this.
  4. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

How long will it take to create a graphics engine as good as UNREAL or any of the Top flight engines, more than 2 years ?

m_box97 likes this.
  5. Turk

Turk Alien

They've done it before and may have never stopped working on their own engine. They could have been applying everything they learn using unreal to their own engine for the past 5 years. We can only guess until they're ready to make that noncement.

6. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

I think the real challenge for AC2 won't be the graphic engine but to make something authentically "next-gen". We already have AC (with CSP etc.) and AMS2. Unless they have a superior thing to bring to the market it may turn out a disappointment, given the obvious expectations.

7. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

I think Kunos raised the bar a lot in terms of immersion and realism. The focus on one series and the support by the teams made it possible to put a lot of effort in details.
    The sound in the cars blew my mind when I first started the EA version, everything else felt dull after that.
    I think it will be very hard to get this kind of realism in a AC2 version with lots of different (dream)cars, you won't get telemetry and you probably won't get the possibility to record every cars sound and shoot photos of every mm² of every car.
    Also you will need to simulate a much wider range of cars in terms of physics and there will probably be a lot more (well-educated) guesswork when it comes to modelling the cars physics (tyres, suspension).

8. They want vr

Rolz likes this.
  9. People complaining about UE not because the graphics look bad but because it causes lots of graphic related bugs, crashes etc. People still prefer AC and I-Racing despite how they look. Graphic optimization and reliability is much more important in sim racing. A freeze that lasts fo 0.3 secs and you are out of the race. . I recently bought a new PC at a cost which you can also buy a decent car. ACC a game that is 2 years old does not run flawlessly. Several freezes or stutter in every session (not cause by ACC but UE). Do not let me start with VR. On the other hand, with my 8 year old PC, i was playing Pcars 2 and now AMS2 almost at highest settings which runs on Mad Engine developed by SMS even when they were a startup, without any issues. I used vive pro hundred times and no issue once.

I do not say Kunos should use a competitors engine, but sticking with UE unless they are bounded by legal obligations, will not help the franchise much. The sudden increase in the sales of sim genre triggered the appetite of many AAA companies. Probably AC2 has put to much more on the table to take the lions share. PC2 to PC3 transition (or better say failure) proved that fan base do not forgive.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
    bbman likes this.
  10. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Shure. I just think it will be an waste of time moving to another platform or even going to a new engine from scratch.
    With ACC they proved that UE it's great to go with a racing simulation. Looks like at the beginning it was not easy but now they must acquired a lot of knowledge.

What I understand from Lord Kunos post is that he really don't like the UI and the way it works.

Isn't it the actual tendency game developer use other engine platforms just to cut the time developing process?

11. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Or it's more the other way around? People are been more and more intolerant, impatient and with great expectations.
    Of course the industry $ is making it marks, but Kunos is making the way they want, and the prove it's ACC. I see a lot of passion and enthusiasm.

12. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

Agree 100% with what you say. And if you think this is bad, you should check out the MSFS forums - it's on another level.

To give you an example, they bring in an external contractor to speed up the development of the g1000/3000 because the community has been asking for it, and instead of thanks, they get a thread accusing them of 'gaslighting' - a term I had to google to understand the context.

chksix likes this.
  13. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

My atual preference goes to ACC mostly it's the best feeling like you are driving a real car.
    Graphics isn't all the way the sun or the car shine on you display, it's also the detail and fidelity. At that department in my opinion currently there's nothing even close. All together the best Graphics of the actual called PC racing simulation.

Never have issues with the performance or any kind of graphic glitches. Then I had a gtx1050, and known that I couldn't dreaming go over 50 fps with high Graphics on a single display. Now I have a rtx 3600 and I am on heaven with almost max out enjoying a top 140fps on the same display.

Clivew likes this.
  14. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

Something is then wrong with your PC.

I have none of these issues, the only slight stutters I get is when people are joining a session during qualifying which is well documented on this forum, and its only a split second, never ever enough to cause me an issue.

cooknn, Rolz, Clivew and 1 other person like this.
  15. Here below is my problem. No response in 6 days. Have a go. It is not random. It happens in similar circumstances.

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...r-during-slight-contacts-and-incidents.68972/

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
  16. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Everyone have his own experience, but think I can recommend stay way of OC of your hardware components.. OC it's not your friend , it's just marketing.
    People have to understand, there is compromise to be done, at the moment you can't have it all best physics, graphics, features, all together, life isn't just perfect yet. The good thing is that many people are trying to work on it.

17. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

18. First things first: None of my previous comments including this one are about Kunos. All were about UE and the industry aka AAA companies which made it "industry standard". This is not an ACC is bad, xyz is good comment.

You confirm what i wrote. The priority for sim racers is not visual fx but realistic driving and racing feel then the reliability. As i wrote earlier, people still race with decade old sims with dated visuals.

I have RTX 3080 and performance is not the issue. It does not matter if all are epic or low, 4k, triple, vr. Same thing happens. Benchmark apps do not show any problem ie fps drop, gpu/ cpu load, throttling etc.

I agree with the great expectations part. I am 50y/o and i have been playing computer games for the 40 years of it. When you bought any software / games they were working as intended. About 10 years ago developers invented the famous "day "1 patches"
    to release their unfinished (and never be finished) games. So IMHO they become more tolerant than needed.

devil in me likes this.
  19. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

Games are much more complex , than they were 10 years ago. If you were to release a game in perfect working order now , it would never get released , that goes for any software

henkjansmits and LATE4APEX like this.
  20. dek

dek Racer

Sadly banning does not work in ACC. You can always rejoin the server. There are too much easy workarounds for that. Same with kicking. I can rejoin at the exact same point of the race an go on from there as I wasn't gone, for example. As long as this is possible it helps no one.:(

It's an issue of MP gaming for ages.

After_Midnight likes this.