1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Impossible challenges

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by B1gy, Dec 6, 2014.

1. B1gy

B1gy Racer

I state that I am not likely the new Senna,
    but with a little practice I can get into the top 100 (sometimes in 50, sometimes in the 200) of RSR;
    and that of many other challenges (a timed, and race) I reach the gold without much difficulty.
    (you can see my achievements on steam)

I'm finding very big problems to overcome some challenges;

on those timed as "British Racing Green" or "GRA Challenge" (but probably here I only need a lot of training and some good setup)

but mostly I find great difficulty in Time Attack; in almost all I can barely reach the bronze.
    I noted above that bringing a race pace even 3/4 seconds slower or faster, the end result is pretty much the same in terms of points.

example:
    Austrian Bow
    4 laps with race pace 2:09 = 5,824
    4 laps with race pace 2:07 = 5,793
    4 laps with race pace 2:05 = 5,947

Very strange, and I noticed that if I do 3 laps always improving, the score seems to be higher (for example: 2:09> 2:07> 2:05 gives a higher score than having a race pace of 2:06):confused:

So I wonder if I'm being a noob or you also have these same problems.
    (I read somewhere that after some updates past achievements have become more difficult to overcome)

Also if you have any tips or some good setup.:D

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Impossible to drive with gamepad like everytime you make an update. Apr 19, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Impossible to play online in ps5 Dec 29, 2022
    ACC Physics Impossible to drive Ferrari 488 GT3 EVO in Imola May 26, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality VR impossible to get reliable and good looking grafics May 23, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Impossible to play VR with a 6900XT and HP Reverb G2 Feb 28, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals G25 turtle an brake at same pedal impossible to change Nov 18, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Impossible to save the highlights Jun 27, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Impossible to corner at low speeds Jun 7, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Virtually impossible to ever join a Competizione server. Dec 2, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Impossible to race the AI @ Monza Nov 18, 2019
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Recover SA, mission impossible Oct 13, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Impossible to force PROAM CupCategory by server Jul 23, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Impossible to set Heusinkveld pedals Jul 13, 2019
    ACC User Interface 1.0, 1.0.1, 1.0.2 - impossible to race, TIMETABLE gets STUCK on top of the screen Jun 9, 2019
    ACC Physics Some curbs in Monza are impossible to use May 4, 2019

3. Fairbanks

Fairbanks Simracer

I, too, have extreme difficulties even scratching on the surface of the GRA Challenge's Bronze. I may be taking the wrong line in general, as I've heard there is more room available for use than meets the eye (the green patches especially). And as for the Time Attack mode, I understand it is probably not designed the way people like it to be. I usually find it best to just aim for 1-2 seconds left on the counter on every checkpoint, no matter how slow or fast you are going to have to be for that. Works out splendidly, but sometimes doesn't feel like a real challenge.

Edit: I also am a pretty early braker and late accelerator because of my digital gaming pad history :p Progress on the wheels and pedals is slow but steady

Last edited: Dec 6, 2014
  4. Horus

Horus Alien

Start slow and get faster over four or five laps. DO NOT GO HELL FOR LEATHER FROM THE START! Think of it as a training exercise, this question/worry/concern has been meantioned many, many, many times before. It will always start a row about those that think it is wrong to start slow and as such fail to get gold and those that say start slow (even first gear for a lap) and then there are the last lot of folk that don't understand why anyone gets so hetup about getting all the virtual gold medals.

If you really want to get the golds, GO SLOW! It should be a consistency exercise not this silly mishmash of nothing real. But hey ho, like I say too many times has this question come up. :)

poet and B1gy like this.
  5. djkostas

djkostas Hardcore Simmer

Actually, you missed those that wonder why you bother writting the same stuff over and over just because TS was too bored to do a search, or even look at the suggestions below!
    Hope it's not because you dont want to be called "forum police" too, is it?

6. Horus

Horus Alien

DJKostas, why rewrite every post to answer the same question, not me. I just post and leave. Surely the best thing to do before posting is checking previous threads. At least I answered the question whereas you have just trolled. Now back under your bridge and wait for the billy goat gruff. :)

7. djkostas

djkostas Hardcore Simmer

Why so passive aggressive? Was the shortbus late to pick you up today or something?

8. Horus

Horus Alien

DJKostas, grow up and answer the question or piss off hey!

P.S. I have no idea what a 'shortbus' is, I expect it is made with lots of butter and melts in the mouth. We call it shortcrust, but hey it's most probably all Greek to you. :)

djkostas likes this.
  9. B1gy

B1gy Racer

Thanks for the info guys... ;)
    I actually noticed something; but I thought it was too stupid "to have to go slow."
    Knowing the "trick" I completed all the gold easily.
    Easily so to speak...is almost more difficult to FORCEDLY go slow, which seek the hotlap.

And I apologize if you already had been asked the same question; but a quick search frankly and i had found anything.

... while,
    for other events hotlap as BMW GrA and Mclaren GT3 at Silverstone, you have any advice or info about it.
    (Here nothing lenses ...need to rush):D