1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Mclaren MP4-12c

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Francesco Huber, Dec 6, 2013.

1. My dad has driven this car in real life and says that it under steers way too much and this is not what he felt driving it on UK roads. i feel this too that sometimes the car will not turn corners especially at low speeds like the chicane at Silverstone int.
    To me the Ferrari 458 feels like a much more realistic car in my head. The mclaren is fun to drive but rather frustrating.
    I may be wrong on this and i have only been in sim racing a short while and had my racing wheel even shorter. I'd like to know what others thing on this as well.

Thanks, Caledoniacation

Sergio Marques likes this.
  2. search the forum, there has already been a
    discussion about this.

3. Ethan Dean

Ethan Dean Hardcore Simmer

4. Danny Irving

Danny Irving Racer

How do you play AC with only 6mb of ram? ;)

5. KitrinosKat

KitrinosKat Hardcore Simmer

I'm pretty sure he meant "6gb". :D

6. Icarus

Icarus Racer

For me the Mclaren feels as if it's on offroad wheels and tyres, if you want to talk understeer, lets talk about the F40, no way can that car handle that bad in real life.

F430_458_F12 likes this.
  7. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

Here's the thing: there's a world within the word "driven." I've "driven" a Lamborghini Gallardo and Aventador...but I have not really driven them.

How fast did your dad really drive the car? How much did he really push the car? These two factors are what make a car understeer! Ferrari have a very "live" steering which almost eliminates understeer...it creates a very touchy throttle, but that is their set-up. McLaren all aids off DOES understeer in real life...just put back some of AC's aids like TC and you'll notice it cuts down on that...just like McLaren's aids do in real life. Because civilians are generally not allowed to push the cars to their potential, our experiences with them do not typically offer what AC can offer, i.e., we can push the car without risk to our life or retirement funds.

Shaddix, Sandbox and paulieGTR like this.
  8. I suppose your right and in game like this the sense of speed can be greater or less than what you get in real life but i am sure that the car isn't 100% there in the corners.

9. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

I would take a rain check on that, same thing for the guy doubting the F40 understeering. We haven't been in these cars like Kunos has, and I really find it hard to imagine them supplying us underperforming and inaccurate autos after their rather prodigious effort to affirm that this is a simulation to beat all sims. I had some doubts about the P4/5, but Kunos explained a little to me and I was humbled. We all need to trust what they're doing. Esp. with the F40, a lot of the disbelief in its performance is rooted in the revered myth of the car.

bigbawmcgraw likes this.
  10. KitrinosKat

KitrinosKat Hardcore Simmer

I don't think the F40 really handles that bad as people says, after you get use to it's tricks and attempts to kill you! xD

11. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

Hi Caledonia... :)

Have a look at this mafrien'. ;)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj0ZyQhROBE

Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
    F430_458_F12 likes this.
  12. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

Yep ;). As Steve says: understeering ALL over the place at 78 mph. Once again Paulie... ;)

13. proved me wrong it is a bit weird in a sim like this with cars like the bmw gt2 and gt3 cars alongside road going supercars which are not all about handling and speed like the race cars are. I guess if you drove the car i real life it would handle like a god compared to an everyday hatchback or saloon but against race cars it doesn't really stand a chance.

Thanks for proving me wrong paulie

paulieGTR likes this.
  14. cooknn

cooknn Alien

Testing the McLaren MP4-12C at Mugello and wondering if you guys think setting the Toe to 0 across the board is crazy. I also changed the front Camber to -2.4/-1.7 to help me get around the right handers. Thoughts?!

15. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

Hi there. :)

Sorry for that mafrien'.:oops:
    But @least it gives you peace of mind knowing that it's not something you're doing wrong, or better still, AC has wrong. ;)

caledoniacation likes this.
  16. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

Haha, well if it works :). 0 toe is interesting, I'll have to try that.

17. cooknn

cooknn Alien

I wanted to go negative, but it only goes to 0 :confused: Seems to get around better for me. But, because I favor the right handers with my Camber settings the last long left is tricky.

18. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

I wouldn't use too much camber on Mugello as you might think. I used to dial in a lot of camber thinking "man is THIS going to help me corner. Wrong. Mugello is a fast track, fast corners, you want a stable car, esp. for the off camber uphill corners on the latter part of the course.

cooknn likes this.
  19. Icarus

Icarus Racer

I agree in part with what you're saying, but my fear is that Kunos will fall into the real=hard trap, and/or maybe feel that because the modern cars are tough to drive that the older cars should be almost impossible to drive. I mean did we only just learn about tyre grip, chassis stiffness and suspension geometry in the 21st century? I'm sure Ferrari knew how to make a car handle very well in the 80's. Maybe in an effort to make the cars feel different Kunos are making them a little too different from the better handling modern cars, just a thought. Of course it's still beta so it could all change yet, plus pretty soon people will make physics mods of their own and we should all be happy.:)

20. The only good thing about some super road cars in AC, mainly this MP4, is that I don't feel bad anymore about not having money to buy a real one. Would be a complete waste of money for such a rubbish car.