1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Random weather & time option

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by MsportDAN, Aug 4, 2015.

1. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

hey kunos....

your on a role with ac...
    okay Kunos is this possible??

heres an example... and since you can have random grid spot i take it the script/code/whatever is there in game...

[​IMG]

even have random track surface if you felt brave :)
    whats the chances of the above option, adds a great element of surprise chucked in for offline races..

Dan :)

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC User Interface Weather Varability [Actually: random weather option functionality] Oct 14, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Strange weather random Nov 21, 2019
    ACC User Interface 1.0.2 - struggle with dynamic weather AND random track conditions Jun 7, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Server question - weatherRandomness does it need rain set Apr 28, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer How to set Random weather in event.json? Mar 6, 2019
    Suggestions grip randomness and weather presets Sep 12, 2016
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues "random" weather is not very random Aug 4, 2015
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions FFB coming and going at random with Thurstmaster TS-XW Aug 27, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Random appearing red pixels Jul 20, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC Crashing at random May 20, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4 Fatal Error at random times during driving Apr 22, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Xbox controller rumble randomly stops working correctly Mar 16, 2023
    Bug reports Random Xbox Series X crashes Jan 4, 2023
    Chit Chat Room [HELP] Random day time Dec 14, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Random Fatal Errors [GPU overclock] Jul 31, 2022

3. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

I've had the same wish re: random weather... fully support this request.

4. Daniel Costa

Daniel Costa Racer

The best thing about pcars really. Looks stunning and the weather transitions are amazing. Very well accomplished, and is one of two features Assetto Corsa is missing to be almost perfect.

5. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

so kunos whats the chances of this being added, a simple random time and day feature..

think may be cool. :)

please

6. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Its not exactly what you ask for but i think ive seen some app that takes the closest the weather is irl on the track you choose and those settings. Of course that if its rain or is night when you will drive it was going to take fog for example but i think it took the degrees it was etc.
    A completely random thing that you suggest would be pretty cool too :)

MsportDAN likes this.
  7. Quffy

Quffy Alien

For offline, close your eyes and move the slider, then press start. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I don't think there's a point to add random weather and time unless there are weather transitions and temperature changes inside the session. Then a feature could be created for offline and online for weather unpredictability for when you join the track and then another unpredictability during the session. The weather then could get worse, better, or stay the same.

8. MrDoedel

MrDoedel Racer

9. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

marlo0081, MsportDAN and ears1991 like this.
  10. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

i think when offline against ai, it just adds a little randomness to a race offline. NOt knowing what darkeness or visibility you will be up against. its just an idea, and another element that reflects real lifes randomness! lol

kofots, i think he meant as its an unplanned featire, its not gonn happen. hehe

11. ouvert

ouvert Alien

+1
    yep .. it is pretty much in every sim, not a biggie but nice to have

12. leon_90

leon_90 Hardcore Simmer

I was thinking about opening the same thread, guess I won't need to ;)
    my idea was to just add another option on the weather slider: "random". This option will pick randomly a weather script with an according temperature ( a range of valid temperatures should be set for every kind of weather and location). This way, you may practice or race under random and realistic (from a temperature pov) weather settings for each track. Just to have some offline fun, not a must have feature

tommi karsikas and MsportDAN like this.
  13. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

mate u explained it much better!!

14. Ok, ill see your request and raise. While we are on weather, how about and option......for real world weather at the location? I dont know if this is easy or difficult. But i think it would be very cool if the game could download the weather conditions for the area around the track and plug that in. I guess you could just go online and see what it is and do it yourself, but it would be nice to have it done in game. Thoughts?

MsportDAN likes this.
  15. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

that's similar to the system in pcars and a clever third-partyapp for rf2.
    that would be ideal but I suppose that's a lot of work.

16. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

There's a mod for real time real place weather... I'd still like the random option just to spice up solo hotlapping offline.

17. leon_90

leon_90 Hardcore Simmer

let's keep it simple lads ;) random option would be more than enough

MsportDAN likes this.
  18. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

yeah random for me too.

19. kro

kro Simracer

Ill bet a random per session weather change could be possible but would remain "fixed" until the session changed .. like sunny for Q then clouds for R ..maybe an app could be built that could do that but I believe the restrictions of the code/engine are already pushed to there max regarding some of the requests people are making ..

AC's engine ,we know only has one light source ,also I believe the internal clock of the engine is also the only one used in game ? yes ? ... it can calculate the lap times but that's it .. you see it runs constantly all the time ,this I believe is one of the reasons we can't have timed races and can only have lap races and why the time of day can never change in a session .. to implement another time source would require a total re write of the code ,like adding another light source .this would be a huge undertaking needing hundreds of man hours to code then completely re write the existing code to add them in .. If that truly is the state of the engine ..

I really don't know but everything points to AC using a simple but complex enough 'game engine' powerful enough by designee to handle the complex (amazing) psyx but simple enough for the small team to be able to handle w/o loosing there minds ! lol so as they stated from the beginning they concentrate on the cars and how they drive ,everything else is extra within the boundary's of the code/engine ..

Now if we look down the road to a possible AC2 perhaps they can develop a more flexible game engine that would allow them to add such things !

*disclaimer - I have know idea if what im talking about has any merit at all! lol It's only an observation I have made being with the game from the tec preview and Im sure I will be corrected if someone that actually knows has some proof otherwise ...but this theory does hold some water ;-) ...

I enjoy AC for what it is ..an amazing virtual driving experience ..

We have a lot of sim's out there that offer other feature's , I enjoy them for what they are as well ... I can understand players wanting more from AC as it offers such great driving but I think what we have is what we have and I don't expect any major changes in the weather ...;-)

20. SuperBobKing

SuperBobKing Racer

The clock is built into the computers hardware. The resolution has gone up over the years so you can't always know how much there will be where your code is running and sometimes there are issues (like the drift that is mentioned in the change log for some recent updates). Accessing that value isn't very difficult. Whatever the reason we don't have timed races is, it isn't because the game can't keep track of more time. We already have timed qualifying sessions where you can finish the lap you were on when time ran out. If you apply the rules we already have for racing (the stuff like the starts and keeping track of positions) you have a timed race. Of course the actual implementation isn't as simple as writing it out like that and without knowing how the code is structured we don't know how hard it would be to actually implement.

21. the reason why "we" don't have timed races is because the programmers did have the time yet to put it in. There is no engine/hardware/religious reason for it ;)

Actually it was one of the features I wanted to put in 1.3 .. but it was postponed because most of the time went into.. you know, little things such as:

64 bits, new multi threaded model for the physics, new tyre model for about 70 cars, new electronic differential, fixed ABS, improved AWD and... 1 new laser scan track and 7 new cars and 2 of them that gave us nightmares... in less than 2 months.

I know we're such lazy bastards but pls don't beat us so hard :D