1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Cannot Start Any Race!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by MattG, Jan 31, 2016.

1. MattG

MattG Rookie

Wanted to continue on my Career racing (not multiplayer, just AI) and I get the loading screen only. After about 5 seconds of that, it kicks me back out to the previous screen. No "crash", per se, but I cannot use the game.
    I then tried to do a simple Practice, and also a Quick Race. Same result.
    Enclosed are my recent log files. I'm not doing anything I did not do previously, but this time it just doesn't work. Same xbox controller, etc.
    Running on a PC, i7, 2 GTX 980 in SLI, single monitor.

Thanks in advance for any help!
    Matt

Attached Files:

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Cannot start my own dedicated server. (WITH SCREENSHOTS) May 16, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Cannot start Special Events [actually: cannot start SE which uses not-owned DLC content] Nov 20, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Cannot start ACC AC2-WinShipping.exe error Sep 27, 2020
    ACC Physics Cannot start at steep inclination (Corkscrew corner) Feb 25, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting V0.7.1 - Cannot start ACC - "Steam not started yet" Apr 8, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting V0.7.1 - Cannot start ACC - "Steam not started yet" Apr 4, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting Missing HUD, Engine cannot start. Mar 7, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality Cannot update startup menu Profile Mar 4, 2019
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Cannot Start Races, Game Sends Me Back To Menu Dec 7, 2018
    ACC Troubleshooting Cannot start game Nov 17, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Cannot start any session, kicks me back to main menu. Sep 22, 2018
    ACC Troubleshooting Game crashes after exit. cannot restart until I delete AC2\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor Sep 18, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Cannot start Assetto Corsa Sep 12, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Another PC user, cannot start race from launcher Jun 10, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Cannot start AC - content locked Jan 28, 2018

3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Disable all your apps in options, check so you have the right resolution in video options.

4. MattG

MattG Rookie

Thank you, sir! It was indeed the my video resolution. I have no idea how it got set incorrectly, but I'll be sure to look for that in the future.
    -Matt

5. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

This happens sometimes with updates so its nothing on your end. Happy driving! :)

6. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

This happens to so many, there are alot of negative ratings on steam because people dont know about and think the game do not run. Maybe there is a way kunos can fix this, so that the game at least starts in a low res or gives a message to check resolution/video settings.

7. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Indeed. This started with some patch in the middle of last year i think. Threads like this pops up every now and then.
    One thing I dont understand though is why the game doesnt allow people to use whatever resolution they want (specially when it changes by itself :p).. Its possible to use "wrong" resolution with dsr from Nvidia but it crashes when it turned down. Dont know of any other game that is like this.
    But im sure they are aware of this since its nothing new and hopefully they will fix it with 1.5.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
  8. RockMonsterTJ

RockMonsterTJ Rookie

Hmm never thought about checking the resolution. This happens to me every time I update video drivers. I have solved it in the past by switching out the documents folder but maby all I have to do is change the resolution? Going to go try it right now.

Edit: yup that worked like a charm

dermonty likes this.
  9. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I have never got this with new video drivers though but I was talking about patches to the game. :)

10. Vampire 2

Vampire 2 Rookie

Hello Guys! Can somone help to fix same Problam on 2020? I tierd trying launch game... My Video card GeeForce 9600 GSO 512 / Ram 1x ddr3 4GB

Attached Files:

11. Vampire 2

Vampire 2 Rookie

I changed NVidia driver versions

Attached Files:

• 213.JPG
      213.JPG
      File size:
      47.5 KB
      Views:
  12. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

Your video card doesn't meet minimum requirements. They are shown in the Steam store page and official website. You need at least a directX10.1 capable video card.