1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

So now the AI are pretty good, wouldn't it be....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by MsportDAN, May 24, 2016.

1. Stereo

Stereo Alien

It's sort of like "% of grip they use" except not. The AI line tells them how fast they can go in a corner, and they choose a percentage of that speed. So if it's a 150km/h corner then a 90% AI will slow to 135km/h, a 100% AI will go 150km/h.

Since on straights there's effectively no limit to how fast you can go, the AI will use 100% of available acceleration grip (as they look ahead, see "go no faster than 1000km/h", and adjust it down to "no faster than 900km/h"). That's why they're strongest on corner exits.

The actual amount of grip being used at 150km/h may or may not be 100% of cornering grip, depends how well optimized the AI line is for the track.

& there's no "super grip" involved, the AI just has a much better handle on 'what is the best grip I can use' than any player can. Instead of ABS/TC, they just modulate the pedals depending how close to the peak grip they are.

Last edited: May 25, 2016
  2. pika4u

pika4u Hardcore Simmer

Thanks for explanation!

3. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

im not sure they can spin!.

4. pika4u

pika4u Hardcore Simmer

mmm what about turning off the driving aids?
    I never experienced something like that. Even with no formula cars.

5. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

its the AI. how can u turn off aids?

pika4u likes this.
  6. pika4u

pika4u Hardcore Simmer

Gosh! I'm sorry! I posted in the wrong thread, i guess.
    Or even better, i probably mixed up 2 threads (in my mind of course) because i open all new posts in new tabs and someway i made a mistake.

afaik AI can't spin because of an "error".

MsportDAN likes this.
  7. pika4u

pika4u Hardcore Simmer

8. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

9. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

yeah my bad soz..

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  10. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

must admit doing a few races at brands in the FXX, and the ai remind me of race pros ai, they just won't budge off their line or spin. Shame they are actually good but invincible?!

Put Rf2 ai in this and you have the ultimate sim imo!!!!!

Last edited: May 26, 2016
  11. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

It's infuriating. The top 20% on RSR run 1.48s hotlapping on Nuremberg Sprint in the MX5 , yet, last night, on 89% difficulty, the entire AI field ran 1:48s in practice. All I want to do is set up a competitive race vs the AI at my level of competence, which is average or a little faster. There are times when I've been resigned to using AC as merely a hotlap sim. This may be one of them.

Libor Sabrik likes this.
  12. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

lower it?!

ekosan likes this.
  13. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

Now I notice that there has been a mini-update that reset certain things at default and, in running the same race as above, the AI are now lapping at 1:51 in practice…at 90% difficulty. This is a move in the right direction for me. I'm thinking that my "sweet spot" may be ~92% but the problem is that it varies wildly across different tracks and grids.

14. RReed43

RReed43 Hardcore Simmer

This is one of the frustrating things about AC. In the Challenges section there are some that I can win easily on the Alien setting and some I haven't been able to win even if I turn the AI down to 80%. It is impossible to select an AI difficulty which gives the same level of competition across the tracks and cars involved. I don't think it is ideal but once you recognize and accept it, it is still fun to compete and the AI is excellent to compete against.

Libor Sabrik and ZethGAF like this.
  15. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Did a quick race on Nurb Sprint and in 7 out of 10 laps the AI did a best of 1:52:447 at 89% difficulty. (I returned to pits and let them do the race).

This was on Race Weekend mode - Practice? Because in the Quick Race mode they did 1:52/53 and not 1:48 at 89% difficulty (v1.6.3).

16. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

can they spin now or have "incidents"?

17. They have always had incidents and not sure if they will ever spin completely around. (we can continue to hope though)

MsportDAN likes this.
  18. Quffy

Quffy Alien

I wouldn't judge AI quality based on that. First there is this that Stefano said some time ago:
    "EDIT: And of course they are bad in groups of corners that need interpretation too.. such as Eau Rouge where you sacrify top speed in the right hander to get out fast in for the long straight after.. AI GT3 leave >1s there sadly because they cook the 2nd corner too hard and get out of shape (and wrong gear) for the exit."
    "I think the AI is generally stronger the more it comes to put the power down... and less good when it comes to let the car go smoothly around corners. So hairpins are usually the places where they are pretty good, especially with insane cars (ie. C9/Exos @ Magione = simply impossible for me)... in slow cars that need to maintain momentum they tend to generally suck (ie. 595 et simil)."

Then they need to be better at filling the track and not create two rows on each side leaving the middle completely open. And when racing the cars against the Player and sometimes against other AIs too, they aren't competitive enough to keep the close car to car racing, mostly when approaching the corner and inside it. They are too gentle in this situation and slow down to let the Player go through, also making them lose positions against other AIs.

"can they spin now or have "incidents"?"
    This doesn't usually happen currently because they are predicting well how hard they can take that corner and how much to steer, brake, throttle, coast; sometimes they go a bit off lines, but manage to keep the momentum going and get back on the racing line. Then of course they have TC and SC assists. I don't know if this is in order to keep the AI safe for the race to have opponents, but would be interesting if the AI would have only the factory assists for the car, as the Player. And in case TC 1 on slows them down, then they could use a weaker TC, but if not, just factory assists could be something to let the AI cars behave more natural, instead of them having perfect control of the steering, braking, and throttle, for them to be more analog and less digital.

19. R3V3NG3 BR

R3V3NG3 BR Racer

Assetto corsa AI is STD free!

LilSki likes this.
  20. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

Just did a 20-lap race at 90%. The AI were a little slower than me but more consistent and much less prone to making small mistakes. I qualified first but finished sixth. The only AI aberrations I saw were occasional veering off-line.