1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Comfortable Gloves

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Andrew_WOT, Sep 27, 2016.

1. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

[​IMG]

The string backs give you a bit of extra purchase.

LeiF and bondyboy like this.
  2. Jadonyx

Jadonyx Hardcore Simmer

3. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

That would be my next thread. :)

Not kidding.

Horus likes this.
  4. Horus

Horus Alien

I lied, I have no friend. It was only me trying to look all popular and such like. :(

Sleeper Service likes this.
  5. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Thanks everyone for responses.
    Went for Sparco Arrow KG-7.
    http://www.sparcousa.com/product/arrow-k7
    Hope they won't disappoint, description is promising, and feedback from sim and real racers is quite positive.
    [​IMG]

6. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

I had to model (as in 3D, not fashion) a pair of Alpinestars 1-ZX at work recently. They're currently in my drawer and I'm really hoping people will forget they're there.

grandepunto and ZethGAF like this.
  7. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

I got mine at my local K1 Speed karting center, not the fanciest but they're comfortable and only cost $39. They have other styles available on their website too, all good prices.

Screen Shot 2016-09-29 at 8.24.22 AM.png

8. ouvert

ouvert Alien

I use some fingerless gloves with thin back and little padding on leather palms ... wheels feels better, my hands can breath and fingers are free to operate keyboard, touch screens, etc

Can really imagine full racing gloves for home usage with comercial wheel ... i guess with some super strong DD wheel .. but even than I would go for cycling/bike full finger gloves, I don`t really need to have my forearm covered in super protective material .. only danger comes from my wife when I race .... perhaps it helps immersion, me in my uderwear with old socks and Sparcos ...

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  9. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

I'll save you the trouble ;)

If you don't want to spend the full amount on proper sparco racing shoes then Puma have a range of trainers with very thin soles and curved heel that are suitable for driving. I have 2 pairs, one Ferrari branded in white (old relegated to my computer room) and standard Puma ones in black - these are used for any long drives I go on

Look something like this
    [​IMG]

10. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Thanks man, I already have BMW branded ones. The sole or the right shoe is giving up already (peeling off), heel-toe and braking takes a toll, guess they are less than year old, sim rig use only.
    Was thinking of getting something more specialized for racing application.

11. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

That's BMW reliability for you then ;) the soles on my Ferrari ones are fine and they're about 7 years old, rest of the shoe isn't presentable so that's why they're next to my pedals

Andrew_WOT likes this.
  12. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

Yeah, but they could catch fire at any minute. :D

I'll show myself out...

bondyboy likes this.
  13. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

LOL. Must be pedals then.
    I went through few minimalist shoes and now Puma, they all end up with peeling soles. Happened with load celled G27, CSPv3, and now HE Pro.

14. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

15. Fonsecker

Fonsecker Alien

I just bought this very cheap gloves for 10€ on ebay just to try out if i can use gloves in general. it feels very nice and saves the Alcantara wheel for being used too much.

[​IMG]

16. Berry

Berry Alien

17. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

For me a big part of it is the immersion, I like trying to trick my brain into thinking I'm in a real race car and if my brain sees racing gloves on a racing wheel it helps with the immersion. Main reason for gloves is to preserver the alcantara, I've tried fingerless gloves like you use but usually found them difficult to get on/off my fat fingers so I opted for the karting gloves (which I already had for when I go karting).

18. TomSc

TomSc Gamer

I use Onitsuka Tiger Ultimate 81s. Thin sole, narrow under the arch but wide around the ball of your foot makes them great for heel-toeing. Super comfortable and don't look half bad

19. pika4u

pika4u Hardcore Simmer

Few days ago i purchased this combo "kart gloves+shoes" on eBay (italian link)
    http://www.ebay.it/itm/261341840712

[​IMG]

Blue is not so good, but who cares, it's a good deal anyway... and with oculus i won't see the color. XD