1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

XB1 Jerky Thrustmaster steering wheel

Discussion in 'Steering wheels discussions' started by krzys4, Sep 2, 2016.

1. krzys4

krzys4 Rookie

Hello,

I'm running AC with Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel Ferrari 458 Italia with T3PA Wide Pedal Set.

During driving (mostly during cornering and braking or both), steering wheel is extremely jerky and pulls to the left in small, persistent, and forceful moves. It feels very unnatural and makes game unplayable. Jerky moves stop when going straight. Anyone with similar problem?

Note that the higher the FFB setting is, the stronger the jerky feeling becomes. I have it now as low as 25 and it is still un-drivable, especially with faster cars. Steering wheel is on latest firmware.

Appreciate any help I can get.

-kris

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Jerky gameplay PS4 version Aug 5, 2023
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Jerky movie Apr 1, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Jerky video ? Jul 27, 2014
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Thrustmaster SF 1000 on TH-WX base no screen data Mar 18, 2024
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Thrustmaster ts-xw ffb on pc Feb 26, 2024
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Thrustmaster TH8S Aug 20, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Thrustmaster T-GT2 Jul 17, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions V1.9 Thrustmaster force feedback is coming back strongly Jun 27, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Thrustmaster update Jun 7, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions I've about given up on my Thrustmaster TX wheel ever being seen by ACC :( Jun 4, 2023
    Steering wheels discussions Thrustmaster TCLM May 11, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Thrustmaster T818 FFB issue Apr 28, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions Thrustmaster T818 Apr 9, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Private server crash / Thrustmaster wheel WORKAROUND Apr 4, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Thrustmaster Sf1000 Mar 27, 2023

3. Nwg

Nwg Racer

What are your other ffb settings? Supposedly the others are just multipliers to the existing ffb so theyre there more as an aid rather than a necessity. Also if youhave tire wear on and you lock the brakes up you can make bald patches in the tires which will feel like its bumpy. Try turning off tire wear and see if that changes it, if it does then theres your answer.

krzys4 likes this.
  4. Skemekos123

Skemekos123 Racer

I'm sorry to hear that your wheel is a jerk. Thankfully, my thrustmaster wheel is a actually a cool dude.
    I thought he was a kind of a jerk at first, but now we get on really well together.
    My friends wheel, however, sounds like a complete jerk from what I've heard. My friend tells me that every time he turns into a corner, he crashes.

Just kidding. Please excuse my silliness lol
    Does this happen every time you play the game? And does it happen from the moment you have your first drive of the day, or does it only happen when you are a few minutes into a race?

krzys4 likes this.
  5. krzys4

krzys4 Rookie

Great suggestions Nwg but that's not it as I have already tried making all of them Os (except for FFB), tire wear is off as well. The setting that I found decent in a very short time experimenting with the game are FBB (30), Curb (50), Road (12), Slip (0), OFF, OFF but no success. In order for me NOT to feel these jerky moves, I need to lower FFB all the way to ~10 or less (all other settings can be left at any value) however that results in a very weak steering experience (pun intended).
    What I did learn however as I was trying to troubleshoot the problem is that the faster the car is (or the faster I am going), the more it occurs. Even when driving straight. I feel some force pull me to left in small / short intervals. Thx for your suggestions btw...

Ha ha ha, all good Skemekos123. Made me laugh...
    It is occurring through-out the game and it is super persistent. The faster I drive, the more it is occurring.

BTW, I thought of something however I haven't had time to adjust it yet. When connecting wheel to a PC via USB, Control Panel has various settings which can be adjusted from 0 to 100:
    Master Gain Settings (Overall Strength) and Detailed Gain Settings (Constant, Periodic, Spring, Damper).
    I am wondering if these settings are specific to a PC (i.e. they default to SOME value on Xbox regardless what they are set on PC) or whether they are persistent (i.e. once changed on PC and connected to Xbox, they stay as set by user).
    I'm going to try these when I get some free time but if anyone happens to know the answer, I'm all ears :)

-k

6. Skemekos123

Skemekos123 Racer

Unfortunately, those control panel settings for the wheel dont actually change anything in the game. I found this out today.
    Seems they only effect PC games :(
    What are your FFB settings in the game? Curbs, road and slip etc
    Also, what angle of rotation do you have in the thrustmaster control panel and the wheel itself(when pressing start, select and mode(on a T300)?
    I know it probably wont be anything to do with these things, but its worth a shot and eliminate them as possible causes.
    TBH though, it sounds like its a bug.

EDIT: Just seen your FFB settings for in the game...

krzys4 likes this.
  7. krzys4

krzys4 Rookie

Thx Skemekos123; you saved me a lot of troubleshooting. Steering is set to 900 on both and works as such.
    The way I see it, the problem could be with either the game or wheel itself. I've sent email to Thrustmaster so hopefully they'll answer soon. Wheel is ~2 years old but works fine on Xbox / Forza 6. Hoping AC is reading these posts to chime in...

Skemekos123 likes this.
  8. Pikamark

Pikamark Rookie

What firmware version is your wheel on?
    Maybe worth updating also there is a calibrating software for the wheel that you take the rim off and plug in October and it recalibrates the motors

krzys4 likes this.
  9. krzys4

krzys4 Rookie

Thx for the suggestion but firmware seems to be the latest (v50). As a matter of fact, just to be sure I re-installed it just the other day.

Never heard of such calibrating procedure. Need to do more research. Any idea if this is documented anywhere? Thx

10. Pikamark

Pikamark Rookie

This is hopefully the link to the PC software
    You take rim off plug into PC and run the program takes about 5 mins and the wheel should be moving itself showing bar graphs on screen and say ok and good when done.

https://sites.google.com/site/desca...hivos/Motorcalibration.rar?attredirects=0&d=1

krzys4 likes this.
  11. Nwg

Nwg Racer

I have the tx as well and im not feeling anything like that. My ffb settings are pretty high compared to many others that have posted theirs so if it was a bug of some sort i prolly wouldve felt it. Does this happen with all cars or just one. Does the car have abs on or off, its possible with abs off the rear tires are beginning to lock. You can adjust the braking balance with the dpad by pressing up and down, maybe you should add more front bias to keep the car more stable. Another suggestion i can give is to do a hard reset of the xbox one itself by unplugging it and waiting till the power brick to turn orange. This fixes alot of issues especially if you have the console set to instant on.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
    krzys4 likes this.
  12. EMW SMILER

EMW SMILER Hardcore Simmer

Don't know if this is at all relevant, my apologies if not. I bought a Thrustmaster 458 Spider wheel (without FFB) and after a few days I started noticing a problem with the steering that sounds exactly like yours but on the straights. In in-car view, the wheel in neutral position (upright), correcting a little, the virtual hands flicker about a bit and jink the steering (to the left), in the Taatus it put me off the track tonight. I tried it on Dirt Rally and Forza and had the same. Guess its broken....
    Have you tried another game with your wheel?

13. krzys4

krzys4 Rookie

Sorry for late responses but things have been busy lately. So this happens to all cars but slow cars you don't feel as much. Only the fast cars (like Ferraris for example) it is very profound. ABS setting has no effect. I don't think it's tires or brakes as it feels like something completely off, plane wrong. I've reset everything and upgraded firmware, reran calibration, etc and no improvements. Thurstmaster seems to think it is the game while AC is not really responding either.

Mine seems to occur on straights as well. Sounds like the exact same thing to me. As far as other games, I have seen this on Forza 6 but again, only with fast cars; usually Ferraris as well. I haven't had much time to investigate further and the fact that both Thrustmaster and AC are not really helping is very frustrating to say the least. If I had to blame someone, I'd pin it on HW and the wheel but lack of help from Thrustmaster and fingerpointing is discouraging.

14. Nwg

Nwg Racer

Sounds like your inside deadzone might be messed up. I havent played in awhile im waiting for the patch but i dont think we can set the deadzones on the wheel. Sometimes its best to run inside at 1 just in case this kind of stuff happens. Maybe the thrustmaster control panel has an adjustment for it, but im not sure if it will alter the settings for the console because most of them dont actually save to the wheel but to the druver on pc.

krzys4 likes this.
  15. EMW SMILER

EMW SMILER Hardcore Simmer

Yeah - it looks and feels like an issue to do with inside deadzone - but I am lucky in a way - I have a 30 day guaranteed returns policy so mine is going back.
    I really don't think it's the game - the wheel is just broken. I'm going to upgrade anyway so....
    Really sorry can't offer any suggestions for a fix krzys4 ... I hope they fix it for you with the patch. Please make sure you post the outcome (after patch) as I would be interested to hear if it gets fixed or not and whether I was too hasty in returning it.
    Good Luck.

krzys4 likes this.