1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The official "NEWS FROM THE SOCIAL NETWORKS" thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by AC Support, Aug 10, 2016.

1. I agree with this.

+1

I am curious. Are statements like this actually written down anywhere on official series content? "This series/race focus is about the car, efficiency, and engineering science, with less focus on the driver." I seriously doubt there is any racing series that is officially going to state something to that effect.

But of course, I certainly could be wrong, and I welcome anyone to prove me wrong.

L O L. Oh yes, we don't like one aspect of technology so that means get rid of it all; no progress. Bull. Jumping to such sweeping statements and conclusions is so silly.

The #1 reason racing exists is for entertainment. That is #1. If there are no fans to watch racing, then there will be no large racing series like Blancpain, F1, Nascar, etc. Sure there will still be much smaller racing series even if there are very few spectators. But you certainly wouldn't see all the car companies spending loads of money on it.

So, lets say some advanced technology comes along that improves the car or helps the driver prevent mistakes or something like that, and the manufacturers implement it. Then let's say the result is this:

No more passing; drivers never make an error. Drivers never pass; the gaps are just too big, and no one makes any mistakes. The finishing positions are the same as the start positions.

Does that sound like an entertaining race that you would want to watch? It doesn't sound entertaining to me, and I think its a safe bet to say most racing fans wouldn't find it entertaining either.

So if all the advanced technology results in a race series like that...it's really of no benefit at all to the fans and spectators now is it? Viewer ratings will drop and eventually die.

Now, does this sound familiar to an actual racing series? :)

cerebralvortex likes this.
  2. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Nice, they´ll be in town on Monday, might be worth a visit... Thanks for the info!

Ace Pumpkin and Seria17hri11er like this.
  3. Kade

Kade Hardcore Simmer

Endurance racing requires a skill-set of another level from the driver. It's absolutely not about who is able squeeze another tenth from the laptime but instead which driver can drive the car most efficiently. Same phenomenon is happening in modern F1 as well where drivers can push the car one lap in qualification if even then. This is noticeable also with Kunos' F138. At Spa soft tyres driven carefully resulted in faster race finish time. Mediums were the tyres that could take the "hotlap"-type punishment in the race conditions but it wasn't the faster way. I learned very quickly that my way of driving (pushing hard) those cars wouldn't do any good IRL either. I would overheat the optimum race compound and yell: "GP2 TYRES, GP2 TYRES" to the team-radio..

So driver is of course a big factor in endurance racing as well but not in the traditional way.. That's why no driver will be able to win LM without some efficiency optimization from his team on his car and driving style.

4. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Also, just to say this, about 5 days and 3 hours (123h in total) left for Pack #2. Behold, the day of the GT3 RS cometh, fast with both downforce and power, to lay the Ring incredulous.

Looking forward to the GT1, too. Only driven that one in NFS Porsche, will be nice to see how it handles in AC, don´t really know what to expect there. Oh and enjoying a 160hp fueled open top lap in that Spyder RS... Yeah, I guess we´re going to get spoiled again... ;)

5. There was a list of the Porsche Pack 2 contents somewhere. Can anyone point me to it?

6. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

PORSCHE PACK VOLUME II
    Porsche Pack Volume II is following the first DLC in being dedicated to the Porsche brand, introducing a different selection of models in a total of nine configurations. The pack devotes attention to some of the most iconic racing cars ever created by Porsche, including the 2015 Le Mans-winning 919 Hybrid, the iconic 911 GT1, and the legendary 962c, featured in both Long Tail and Short Tail configurations, coupled with some of the most recent models of the Porsche 2016 line-up, with the aim to offer a perfect mix between road cars, hypercars, as well as modern and historic GT and racing models.

THE CARS

Porsche 911 GT3 RS
    Porsche 718 Spyder RS
    Porsche Cayman GT4
    Porsche 718 Boxster S Manual Transmission
    Porsche 718 Boxster S PDK
    Porsche 919 Hybrid 2015
    Porsche 911 GT1
    Porsche 962c long tail
    Porsche 962c short tail

Source: Steam

7. Berry

Berry Alien

Edit: Hijacked by Mugel :(.

Looking forward to that GT4 so much.

garyjpaterson likes this.
  8. This is my favorite pack out of the three. 919 and 962C I been looking forward to since the announcement

DaveS78 likes this.
  9. DaveS78

DaveS78 Simracer

So glad I never deleted Bilster Berg so I can do this next week:

Ace Pumpkin and Seria17hri11er like this.
  10. pollinho123

pollinho123 Simracer

We're not talking about prototype or Formula racing, we're talking about GT racing and TC in GT cars. Blancpain is not a fitting example. They have one or two thousand viewers on live races and around 25k views on the recorded video later on average. Those numbers don't make a manufacturer spend money on a GT3 programme. As you said yourself.
    The main attractive thing about GT racing is that those cars can be used in a multitude of racing series all around the world and they're not too over engineered and can be run by private teams without too many problems. Yes, manufacturers often times have their own entries, but usually the cars are getting sold to customers, who run the majority of them. Usually funded privately and more often than not the team owner wants to drive the car himself (or a family member...) So there are a lot of non-professional drivers participating in GT3 series, who are thankful for those assists.

Yeah and TC (and ABS for GT3s on that matter) are those magic assistants that guide the driver safely through the track and enabling him to avoid any mistake. Nonsense. Yeah they help to avoid bigger mistakes, but you're still getting punished if you do mistakes. You might not end up in the wall but rather lose time and/or destroy your tires (resulting in a time loss). I highly prefer the punishment of loosing time than having 10% of the race entries on a DNF or an amateur driver taking out someone else, because they stepped on the throttle too early and too hard. Even with those systems there are enough of mistakes and spins in GT races, so yeah, no problem on that side of things.

Also, if drivers and teams wouldn't value those assistants they wouldn't be put in the cars.

TC and ABS are not a reason for what you described above. If you reference to F1, too much aero, an overly complicated drivetrain and hybrid system and exploding costs for the teams, are the major problems.
    And GT races usually are quite exciting and the racing is fine, even when the BoP is a mess (Hi, WEC!)

Also at least in AC there is one easy thing, that you can do if you don't like TC and ABS:
    Turn it off.

Wow that was a long one :D

11. I see your point and do not dispute it.

But my question still remains. I doubt any series is going to officially put it the way you did:

12. If Blancpain has 2k viewers on live and 25k on recorded, there should be a reason. If you call it "entertainig" you have a very niche perspective...

Sent from my Samsung G935F with Tapatalk 6

13. So, five road car options out of nine in PP2, plus the free SUV with the 1.10 upgrade? That sounds like a rather nice present to me :cool: Are there differences between the manual and PDK versions of the Boxster (other than the gear shifter)?

14. You are inserting words in my mouth. Why do people always do such things?

I was talking about racing series in general. If everyone here was only talking about GT racing and TC in GT cars, I apologize.

But I did not get that impression. I see some people were.

But Christopher Low made a very general statement about advanced technology in racing. He did not specify TC, or GT3. And then the people I quoted replied to him.

You are putting words in my mouth. I did not make such a specific statement. I was not talking about TC, nor ABS, in GT3s. I specifically said

That was a hypothetical scenario. I did not say it was an actual series.

I never said anything that could be construed as the opposite.

I never said they were.

15. So does any of this yip yap about TCS have anything to do with Official News From Social Networks? Asking for a friend.

16. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I was surprised to read the 718RS is a 5 speed. I thought it would be 4.

I'm hoping that a very minor adjustment of 200<300kg :p will balance it with the GTA

17. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

18. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

Ahh yes that is the infamous Greyninja97, we dont talk about him, hes done some horrible things in the past like hacking into forum accounts and making posts about not like "CHIPS"

Pretty immature if you ask me. Being a grey ninja is said because you cant have a colourful personality, sad times indeed.

BrandonW77 likes this.
  19. From Aris FB (@ Vallelunga)
    Hmmm I wonder what's in there...
    [​IMG]

20. I hope it feels better than the Alfa 1600 GTA. I really struggle to enjoy driving the latter these days. It feels a bit weird to me....