1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Kunos being bought by Digital Bros

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by ZX636, Jan 20, 2017.

1. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

Earlier today, somewhere near the KS offices.
    [​IMG]

2. mtbwa1

mtbwa1 Gamer

It could be good or bad. It was obvious that AC can make some $$, but also obvious that more $$ was needed to fix things and carry on. This could bring in $$ or bodies to help fix stuff, or else 505 could take control and put forth a lot of bad ideas.

On the surface, it looks like Digital Bros is making a smart move to bring a money making venture into the fold. Hopefully they will let the Kunos guys continue work without too much influence.

I would be concerned in someone like EA or Turn 10 bought out Kunos, as it would likely mean a dumbing down of AC.

3. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

I don't understand your reply. No I don't earn money without AC.

You do understand, a customer can (at least now, in our time) take a decision, what to buy?

See, I'm not pulling the plug, on the game developer, I supported the most, as of yet.

I'm just saying, I will not buy a sailing simulator from Stefano! Nothing more, nothing less.

4. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Marco has proven before that he is a smart guy. Let's see what this will bring for our beloved sim. I hope that this will be for the best (for us).

luchian, Quffy and Glaurung like this.
  5. mtbwa1

mtbwa1 Gamer

But then you could get the Jib pulley attachment for you FFB wheel of choice and have to pull the ropes to raise and lower the correct sails, fighting the realistic feedback of hoisting a sail against the wind! :cool:

MBK72 likes this.
  6. L2D_Gopher

L2D_Gopher Racer

Huh I'm gopher bro lol

donShere and @P73 like this.
  7. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

Also..
    "The acquisition allows full control over the intellectual property and the opportunity for the group to invest on future developments of new versions of Assetto Corsa, benefiting from a brand that's already well placed in the videogames market worldwide. The fact that the group already holds the publication rights of Assetto Corsa for the console version also implicates synergies in terms of brand positioning and advertising optimization when the rights will be entirely held by the group."

8. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Lovely replay, if you only could comprehend what AC ment for us sim racers...

mtbwa1 likes this.
  9. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

I agree on it could be goo, could be bad. I'm dubious of 505 because they must have known the state of this game at release and would surely have had the power to delay and make changes.

EA sometimes get a bad press but look at how FIFA has grown and become a truly great experience. Yes, EA knows how to monetise with Ultimate Team but you don't have to buy into that. I disagree regarding Turn 10, If Forza 6 (or 7) had the handling of Assetto Corsa it would be by far the superior experience in every other respect. The fact Forza would also give new users the option to reduce the simulation to a playable level would also be a positive. Anyway it matters not now, Digital Bros have the rights and hopefully we can look forward to another long-term competitor to the Forza/GT/DiRT Rally mix on the consoles.

10. mtbwa1

mtbwa1 Gamer

I think my sarcasm came off the wrong way. I don't want to see things change either. AC is the game I have been wanting since I started playing video games in the 80s.

11. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

And this is where you were totally wrong...
    AC never was a competitor of Forza, Grid, or Grand Tourismo!
    Never!
    It's a shame, the best sim, regarding to driving feel, is botched by those ****ing capitalists!
    Kill them all!

12. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

might be best to get aris, marco or stefano or anyone to make a comment explaining what happened because this is gonna get out of hand people are just gonna get mad. been here long enough to know how crazy everyone gets at the slight hint of instability

13. mtbwa1

mtbwa1 Gamer

I suppose my point about EA or Turn 10 was that they would take over a project. The Digital Brothers takeover has a chance at leaving the core folks in place. They are also Italian, so for Kunos, it's probably better than being bought out by an foreign outfit.

And I agree that a Forza 7 that went sim would be awesome, but I'm not seeing it. My brother in law is an FPS console gamer and loves Forza Horizon 3, but can't get him to even try manual shifting. I think Turn 10 won't risk going a more sim route because it alienates all the tuners. They would be better off keeping the Motorsport and Horizon franchises and adding a new "Hardcore" franchise or something along those lines.

@P73 and MBK72 like this.
  14. mtbwa1

mtbwa1 Gamer

15. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

Fair enough that is your view Pumpkin, I have no argument with you that is all in the past.

I agree on PC AC filled a specific niche but to survive long term it would eventually have to take on those proven names in the driving genre, especially on console. The earlier Eurogamer article said it well, the hardcore PC audience were more dedicated willing to overlook a lot of faults, once you hit the mainstream that is a difficult proposition to sell.

I hope they keep on making the hardcore version for you and the 300,000 or so of us that buy into that on Steam but the other 1.2m who bought in on console want a more rounded and finished article.

16. Peter Burke

Peter Burke Racer

Just like with the console release; I see nothing good coming of it.

Just when I was really getting back into AC as well.

17. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

What I would really like to see, is some virtual eggs on Stefano, Aris, or even more, Marco!

You three made a community out of nothing, well the Elise on Maggione was more than nothing...

You forged (well it forged itself) a community, you where all day involved. It surrounded you, encouraged you.

Now, at this turning point, all might be lost... hopefully not.

18. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

I see this just as business as usual (not in a depreciative meaning).

Capital, management and development don't necessarily need to be centered in the same persons.
    Kunos, as any other business, can very well have capital and management assigned and/or controlled by people that are not necessarily game developers.

Just look at movie studios, controlled and managed by people that are not directors, producers, actors, screenwriters, etc.
    Sony invests in movies and I'm sure that Sony directors and CEO aren't none of the above.
    As well, back in 2012 Disney acquired Lucasfilm and Star War movies are still being produced.

As long Assetto Corsa continues the development path that is following I don't see any issue with the business side of things.

paul_wev and MBK72 like this.
  19. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

I believe they are a little busy at the moment but as soon as they find as they sober up are near a PC they'll let us all know what is happening.

[​IMG]

In the meantime to save @AC_CM505 the effort can I remind you all: :D

Hey guys! Please can you reach out to our dedicated console support team if you're experiencing any problems whatsoever? They'll be able to help you! :) You can log a ticket here - https://support.505games.com/support/signup

20. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

ok thats its no one else is gonna say it but we are all tired of your crap, stop assuming the worst, you have done it countless times, dont know the whole story here, believe it or not there is still a lot of context to be had. Sure unos might be in the wrong but you sir need to calm your ****.

god you are like blimey from racedepartment, spewing utter waste.

Do yourself a favour and stop attacking because you dont know if this is a benefit, this could be what studio 397 is like to rfactor too early to

GhostMan and pippo10 like this.