1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Kunos being bought by Digital Bros

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by ZX636, Jan 20, 2017.

1. kevin.maatman

kevin.maatman Staff Member KS Dev Team

If you are going to start a war with each other Ill simply close the thread. Start blaming when there is an official announcement if there has to be any. That is all.

2. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

:D:D lol not attacking anyone, merely a joke about how the team might be enjoying their time with 4m euros in the bank!

3. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

I think you'll need to close the whole forum then. AC Forum mayhem is the worst mayhem. Not a single thread will be safe.

Blamer, Snowman38, paul_wev and 5 others like this.
  4. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Well, that's clearly domination, Kevin...

5. JMR1985

JMR1985 Racer

4 million god think of the ladys boys you can buy for that in your new Porka 911 GT3

MBK72 likes this.
  6. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul Hardcore Simmer

I am looking at this positively. Digital Bros obviously hold Assetto Corsa and Kunos in high regard if they are willing to acquire them for €4.3m. Hopefully this belief leads to swift investment in the studio with additional staff coming in and planning for the mid to long term of the IP.

One thing that cannot be overlooked is later this year PCars2 arrives with the potential to be a monster in the genre. AC needs to catch up with PCars in several areas, and now they will have a chance to build towards a future with the financial clout and security required to implement missing features such as dynamic time and weather.

eSports is becoming big business and this will continue to grow in the coming years. Digital Bros finances with the huge talent of Kunos can, if handled intelligently, become a big player in the field. The sim we love has an opportunity, over the coming years, to reach a level it may not otherwise have ever reached. Give Kunos additional funding and leave them alone to do what they do best - Make the finest sim on the market - and build a more refined package around it.

Let us at this with some positivity and see the potential of this acquisition. Not everything needs to be met with negativity.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
  7. Quffy

Quffy Alien

I don't see any radical changes to AC that should throw you off, at least this year. Following the announcement on new year's eve (I believe that announcement was made when they already knew ownership of AC was going to change) we will get the usual stuff we got in 2015 and '16, and probably more. The game fixes, game/simulation improvements and features, new content of cars and tracks. Kunos is working in a new office with dedicated parts of game development, so 2017 for AC means what it always meant, a continuously updated game and simulation with fixes, features, and content.
    I'll keep playing AC the same way, especially when the same people are still working on it, it will be the same and improved Assetto Corsa.

paul_wev likes this.
  8. Maybe they will invest the cash into ac2 and acquire more expensive tracks !

TitzonToast, TDS and Manu8019 like this.
  9. Manu8019

Manu8019 Gamer

agree with richard

TDS likes this.
  10. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

Don't know why you guys are worried. In case you haven't noticed, the Devil took his seat at the white house and we're all doomed to nuclear destruction in the next month. Kunos are just going out with a bang.

aphidgod, baloche, paul_wev and 5 others like this.
  11. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul Hardcore Simmer

Digital Bros acquired the studio and IP in full. All future capital investment, once everything is signed over, will come from DB not Stefano and Marco.

Davi2877 and MBK72 like this.
  12. Timm2012

Timm2012 Gamer

Thats great all of a sudden a staff member appears on forum and telling us off - What a surprise - Answers we/I want answers after paying good money on packs etc which now might not even appear. Being a STAFF MEMBER you must have know something

ppbucko and MBK72 like this.
  13. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Of course you will get what you have payed for..

14. kevin.maatman

kevin.maatman Staff Member KS Dev Team

Do not confuse yourself. Im in charge of keeping this forum clean and ensure that everyone follows the rules. There's other people for official announcements or replys to speculations. That is not my task.

If you all here like to react on speculation without waiting for a possible announcement, feel free to, as long as you all here follow the rules this forum has.

Thats all :)

vegaguy 5555, donShere and aphidgod like this.
  15. I dont see why they would just drop assetto with the momentum it has gained , it has the possibility to be the best sim out there with more backing .I only see this as a positive . Remember the console announcement and all the negativity that received?

GhostMan and omgcoffee like this.
  16. Korowiov

Korowiov Gamer

Well…it’s like dropping a bowling ball on the TV, I’m afraid nothing good can come of it.

Timm2012 likes this.
  17. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Lol.. If you see it that way, it was most likely the console release that lead to Digital Bros buying them. Its still a chance that the ones thta was really skeptical to the console release are the ones that are right in the end.

vilivili likes this.
  18. Peter Burke

Peter Burke Racer

Well there is that perspective on the situation.

19. I just try to see a positive not hope for doom lol.

kofotsjanne likes this.
  20. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I think it will be a positive end to it. What made AC worth that much money isnt fancy graphics or anything like that. It was pretty much the driving that did AC to what it is and I dont see Digital Bros changing that when they have put in so much money. Most likely we will see more features, a AC2, night and rain, posibility to bind d-pad, rolling starts and everything else that people here on the forum have been asking for.

Maybe even a drift DLC.

vegaguy 5555 and paul_wev like this.