1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Show off your rig thread (console edition)

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Sigurd615, Sep 30, 2016.

1. At0mic0

At0mic0 Gamer

StyleF1re likes this.
  2. SchumiF399

SchumiF399 Racer

Lol not single but I don't have a wife. If I did I'm sure she wouldn't let me buy all this junk.

StyleF1re likes this.
  3. Brainspasm

Brainspasm Gamer

:D:D:D

Attached Files:

StyleF1re likes this.
  4. barkx_

barkx_ Racer

Update: Send back the Raceroom and build my own a few weeks ago. Happy with it! :)

Attached Files:

5. StyleF1re

StyleF1re Hardcore Simmer

@At0mic0 @SchumiF399
    I actually haven't been in a relationship yet, so should I just pencil in racing gloves for my near future?

@Brainspasm
    With those speakers I bet the cars sound like bliss! Problem is, if I had that setup that bliss would be short-lived by how quickly I venture off-course and into walls... haha

Kembro likes this.
  6. Pip_-72-

Pip_-72- Gamer

G29, Benq short throw projector, Subpac. This is about as good as I can get with a console and my budget. Makes me smile every day.

7. BobTheDog

BobTheDog Hardcore Simmer

Wow thats pretty neat, don't think I could get away with that here though :(

Pip_-72- likes this.
  8. Odbball

Odbball Racer

Like it. I have a Benq short throw projector - how close to the screen are you? You look close to it? How you get so close, as I struggle by blocking the picture?

Pip_-72- likes this.
  9. BrainsBush

BrainsBush Hardcore Simmer

So far played AC on a 43" LCD right in front of my nose, but also have a cheap Optoma 1080P beamer. Because of your video I will also give it another try and position the beamer differently from what I used to do. Your setup is great like it is!!

You could help me out if you have some tips how to position the beamer. Maybe share a picture from the side. Is it positioned right above the top of the seat in a certain angle?
    And the fan noise is not too disturbing?

No problems if you put your head a little bit upwards? Mohawk haircut is a disturbing factor so I need to go to a hairdresser then ;)

This is my standard setup now and the beamer is already waiting to be installed.
    And because I often play late in the evening/night...I discovered the use of a good headset in stead of the older Logitech 5.1THX speakers. With the Denon and Beats headphone you hear much more details in AC and also a solution for the fan noise of the beamer. Solved an issue again :)
    IMG_2578.JPG IMG_2579.JPG

Last edited: May 27, 2017
    Odbball, Kembro and Pip_-72- like this.
  10. Pip_-72-

Pip_-72- Gamer

I'm using a Benq 1080 short throw projector. It's about 12 inches behind my head mounted on a custom diy built housing, hanging around 12 inches off the ceiling. (Approx 5foot from the floor)
    Onto a curved piece of foam board 71inches horizontal.
    Hope the pics better explain

Attached Files:

murfo, Kembro, Tomcul and 2 others like this.
  11. BrainsBush

really appreciated!! I can also mount my beamer on the ceiling :) Nice project for later this week. Will show pics afterwards

Pip_-72- likes this.
  12. Pip_-72-

Pip_-72- Gamer

I'll look forward to seeing those.
    I have a Subpac M2 tucked in behind the seat which adds some immersion, and 2 surround speakers gaffer taped (temporary) to the head rest. You really don't need it up loud to get it roaring.
    At the moment my hands are in the way of the projection. I'm hoping the fine folks at Kunos allow us to move the camera up and down on the dash cam so I can eliminate this
    I love this set-up. I actually dream Assetto. Sad.

13. BrainsBush

Although the very high temperatures over here and no airco I decided to change the race/game room this morning. I know myself well enough and have no patience at all :)

The room needs a thorough clean up and put the cables away but the result is very satisfying for me. One side of the room for standard PS4 games on the TV and 180 degrees it is racing time! Maybe some fine adjustments to position and resize the steer/cockpit view right. Now it looks like the dashboard is over sized. Over time I will also place a curved board but this white wall will do for the moment.

One final challenge for me. What if I want to race with the VR headset. The camera needs to be installed in front of the Playseat and the cable is too short. I need to order an extension cable of 3 meters (if they exist in that length). Or replace the PS4 closer to the chairs

Thanks for your inspiration and support @Pip_-72- !!
    IMG_2582.JPG IMG_2583.JPG IMG_2584.JPG IMG_2585.JPG IMG_2587.JPG

StyleF1re, Odbball, Pip_-72- and 3 others like this.
  14. Pip_-72-

Pip_-72- Gamer

Fantastic. A productive day.
    Have fun playing around with the fov settings. (1:1 is amazing)
    My camera extension gives me 2m extra. More would be nice but that's as long as they come to my knowledge.
    Happy racing

15. Odbball

Odbball Racer

Onto a curved piece of foam board

The screen is the bit o am missing, i project on to the wall. I was very happy with it........until I saw your set up. I need a foam screen.

Where did the foam screen come from?
    If could get it before the Xbox update that would be perfect!

BrainsBush likes this.
  16. Pip_-72-

Pip_-72- Gamer

http://www.cutplasticsheeting.co.uk/blog/2011/04/11/what-is-foamex/
    I rescued mine from a skip.
    3mm thick 71 inches wide. (I did read somewhere that 70inches was the optimum monitor size but can not find the source)
    The curve came as a fluke. I slotted the board over a metal shelving rack I had. Because the board is quite flexible the top drooped over. I had a few goes driving with the droop then straightened it up with string. Instantly I missed the curve. This then evolved into introducing the side curves, coffee cans screwed to a baton which bring the sides and bottom corners towards me.
    The middle section of the screen which is the equivalent of a 42" monitor is flat. The curve only takes affect in your peripheral vision.
    Very cheap, very immersive, total fluke.

Attached Files:

BrainsBush, IllestD and paul_wev like this.
  17. IllestD

IllestD Gamer

That curved foam screen looks very good, also interested in the details.

18. Odbball

Odbball Racer

Ok, so today I bought 4 a1 sheets of 5mm foam. Picture shows work in progress - it's just a trial at mo as I want to make sure when I cut the boards I get it right - measure twice cut once and all that.

How far from screen and what fov you using?

Attached Files:

Pip_-72- and BrainsBush like this.
  19. Pip_-72-

Pip_-72- Gamer

Man on a mission! I understand the "Itch"
    Hopefully you understand I rarely know what I'm talking about. Everything I know about curved screens and projectors and fov settings I have learnt over the past couple of weeks mainly by trial n error, internet searches and YouTube.

Sit as close as is comfortable without straining your eyes.
    FOV setting is dependent on your screen size and distance sat from it.
    The bigger and closer the bigger fov.
    Im maxed at 90°.
    Being able to move the screen forwards and backwards has helped out no end whilst getting everything "just right"

20. Odbball

Odbball Racer

I've read up quite a bit about fov settings previously, and use a web page at Project immersion.

I'm 75cm from screen, with screen 72inch wide (apologies for mixed length measures!).

It gives me an output of 62 ish.

It feels weird sat so close. Pre update max I can set my fov is 60.

It's all about reality vs what feels best.
    Have you tried nearer 60 fov as I'd say our set ups look very similar distances wise?

Just need to get the kids to bed, the missus watching some soap opera and I'll have me an hour to test it properly.

Pip_-72- likes this.