1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Is the Porsche 908 LH underpowered?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Hugo Catarino, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

No gear adjustment is possible on the PS4, gear sets are also missing from the Mercedes 190E DTM car, other things are also absent, example; heave adjustment is missing in formula /LMP cars. Hybrid systems aren't correct to the PC version of the game either...That is probably the tip of a rather large iceberg! :(

Edit: the whole electronics tab is absent as well.

2. Hugo Catarino

Hugo Catarino Hardcore Simmer

I wouldnt say humiliate the mk2.in fact,a mk2 driven by Dan Gurney/AJ Foyt was one pole in Daytona '67,and the first of the Ferraris was in 4th i believe.Fords bad result was due to lots of mechanical failures,specially clutch/transmisson.overall,the 330 was better,hence the born of the MKIV.and of course,the 330 is superior to the John Wyer GT40 mk1,even if JW version was better than the original mk1
    Thank you for the reply!I will,as soon as i get home.although @Graveltrap already answered,but i will take a look anyway!

LeDude83 likes this.
  3. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

thx 4 this, as I think, important information! :)

Hugo Catarino likes this.
  4. xystof

xystof Hardcore Simmer

Alright, but still Panky, shouldn't 330 P4 be faster in a straight line? It's just 1025kg and 430bhp vs. 792kg and 450bhp... Ferrari has 0,57 hp/kg, Porsche has 0,52 hp/kg and GT40 0,42 hp/kg... I mean it just doesn't want to go over 280 km/h... you just pray for every km/h more. Similar story in Porsche. And in GT40 it is just wrrrruuummmm.... and there you are.
    Not saying that something is wrong with the cars... but it just makes one ask himself "why my red Ferrari can't keep up with Ford's speed? it's 25% better power/weight! It should be a rocketship!"

5. xystof

xystof Hardcore Simmer

6. Hugo Catarino

So it's confirmed,no gear sets or final gear changes are possible with the Porsche 908 LH. here's a screenshot of it: Assetto Corsa_3.jpg

xystof, Graveltrap and LeDude83 like this.
  7. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

Is there by chance a comprehensive list of all the missing things?

8. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Unfortunately not, we kinda of stumble over them, from time to time as a result of the WHC where platforms interact with each other, (the ones I am aware of anyway).

Edit - I suspect anything that requires something different from the standard console UI will be a problem.

I guess we should try and put something together! New thread time me thinks...If you don't mind I will quote your message again in the OP?

It is difficult to keep a list in the console section, the OP gets locked down after an hour, so updating isn't possible, which means wading through a thread which will no doubt become congested with off topic content ;)

paul_wev likes this.
  9. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

I'd really appreciate a list, it seems there are a few systematic things, like the gear sets and the spring heaves, but knowing where to look exactly will help heaps. Please tag me when you have it.

10. MaxStrong01

MaxStrong01 Racer

I can confirm what wrote here above: setting a custom championship with Ford Gt40 and Porsche 908 all the Gt40 were faster than 908 but everybody know that in reality this was not true. It is possible a sort of underestimation of the performances of the Porsche or alternatively an overestimation of the performances of Ford. In any case something is not fully working with perfect adherence to hystoric reality were these two cars fighted strongly.

11. Hugo Catarino

Yes,just like what happens to me!its an underestimation of the 908 most likely,the speed does not quite match with the real one,unlike the Ford

12. liakjim

liakjim Alien

I did a test at PC version, at Thomson road with 100% AI and default setup.
    330 did around 1:59
    GT40 around 2:01
    Porsche around 2:04

I did 1:57 with my 330. Didn't personally drive the other cars.

Someone need to test personally these cars.
    Also we need to respect Aris post since sometimes things are what they are, especially with these old cars.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

13. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Any of these cars making to 300 km/h or even passing it was quite a fit in the days, even more considering the power they had (not that much by today's standards).

14. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Dont trust the AI. Im pretty sure if you watch them the AI 908's will be going off track at the kink and again at the end of the main straight at Thomson Rd.

15. Hugo Catarino

If by any change someone wants to personally test all cars,please to do so in tracks avaliable on consoles.It would be better if an alien console player tests them,because it seems that the PC version 908 is more improved than the console one.

16. liakjim

liakjim Alien

That's what I said in my post right?

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

17. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

You said that people should test it yes. You also had an example with a possible conclusion to draw from it, Im just sharing what I know, unless something has changed the AI are much worse at Thomson Rd in 908 than GT40.

We raced those 2 cars together in MP quite a few times at quite a few tracks and IMO they are pretty similar pace.

18. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Here are some laps from stracker. Some of these times are pretty old now but atleast it is some data. Grip was usually around 97-98%

Silverstone 67
    908silv.jpg

Thomson Rd GP
    908thom.jpg

Monza 66
    908monza66.jpg

Riverside Short
    908RIR.jpg

Vallelunga Classic
    908vallec.jpg

LeDude83, Hugo Catarino and liakjim like this.
  19. xystof

xystof Hardcore Simmer

Well, apart from what Aris wrote in my thread (in phxs bug reports) I just gave a go (well, after few beers ehm... yet they all were quite lightweight like Lotus!) to all 3 cars at Imola - without trying too hard. And in 330 P4 I was the fastest by far, then 908LH and then GT40. So in the end maybe Ferrari isn't fastest in straight line but power to weight ratio gives you superiority when going out of corners. Other 2 cars just can't cope with it's firepower. And this ghrrrhhrrrrmmm Ferrari's engine sound... it gives you feeling that you're going even faster ;)

LeDude83 likes this.
  20. Hugo Catarino

Thanks for the data :) but are those laptimes made on PC or PS4?

Thats good,the Ferrari is suposed to be the fastest of the 3!:) did you do it on PC or PS4?