1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 Multiplayer lobbies online dead..

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Ciccina2016, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

Hello Guys

it is 2 weeks I have been trying to play online in Assetto Corsa and the situation seems quite sad.
    Just a couple of lobbies for testing the laguna seca circuit, drift drift and drift and
    Nürburgring Nordschleife and private lobbies.

I tried to create a lobby at SPA with f1 cars and no one joined in an hour. This is quite sad..
    A huge potential of game wasted..

I mean why do we need to play this game joining community racing ?? where is the spirit of simply enjoying the game ?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Force sessions (practice & Quali) to end when time is up in Multiplayer lobbies Aug 21, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions How do the multiplayer lobbies rotate? Jul 15, 2020
    Console Lounge Request: 6, 8, 10 & 12 multiplayer lobbies Jan 5, 2017
    Bug reports Multiplayer lobbies - Disappeared? Nov 30, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Multiplayer lobbies - Steam or other Mar 12, 2014
    ACC Multiplayer Multiplayer disconnected Apr 20, 2024
    Bug reports Lap 0 Laptime is way off! Multiplayer Server Mar 17, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Unplanned multiplayer server outage Mar 13, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Multiplayer disconnected Dec 15, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Multiplayer disconnected Dec 8, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Render Thread 1 crashed whilst spectating multiplayer as server admin Sep 28, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer can't connect do multiplayer , no statistics in single player too Jul 29, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Multiplayer - An Error Occurred. Please Try Again Jul 13, 2023
    ACC User Interface Multiplayer list - full vs 0 time left Jul 3, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Connection issues in multiplayer after 1.9.3 May 26, 2023

3. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Xbox lobbies are dead as well.

This could have been one of the finest online racing games on consoles, ffb/physics are there, but unfortunately Kunos doesn’t seem to understand what console multiplayer’s should be like.

Traks1 likes this.
  4. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

I am sorry but I blame players most of all.
    Ok the game does not work as we would but come on!! the fun is there , you know what I think? We should be playing this game on PC as on Console the majority of gamers do not understand this simulator and not because of lack of functionality between console and PC.

5. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

I was in a group, still am, 12-16 off us used to race every other night on AC, 3 months we was on it, everyone got so fed up of the count down timer which controls the lobby, every one gave up on it. The ones that were left went on the public lobbies, that didn’t last long, too many dick heads which you couldn’t kick.
    We’re now on p cars 2, yep ffb/physics is worse but at least we’re in control of the lobby. The Host is in control.
    I’m still hoping AC will implement a host as we all still own the game.

6. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Does the PC version work the same as console multiplayer.
    Is there a host in charge of lobby.
    Can you change car fuel and tyre pressure after qualifying has finished.
    False starts online.

7. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

on this you are absolutely right!!!!!

8. Nobby76

Nobby76 Alien

No it doesnt quite work the same. You cant just make lobbies and people join, you need a computer to run your server that hosts the MP information. (iirc it can be the same computer you play AC on, but it doesnt have to be, it can be a dedicated server)
    But from within the config file for the server you can set many aspects of what can and cannot happen during a race. For example you can state Traction control or ABS is ALWAYS set to factory.. Or you can only use these cars or these skins during the race... You get a lot more settings to play with on a pc server. not sure what they all are as ive never ran a server myself, but i know there are a lot of different options..

You also get the public lobbies which i guess is the same as on the consoles.

9. Flavus

Flavus Racer

I jumped from PS4 to PC and from that day I have never even done one single lap on PS4. On PC you can easily create your own server with whatever car and track combo that you prefer and as admin you have have full control of the lobby. You can configure the server to allow full setups or only partial setups and false starts can be penalised too. Throw in some amazing track and car mods and some amazing apps that the community have developed and jump in, sit back and enjoy . When I switched from console this game went from very enjoyable to very addictive. Unfortunately, if you want to switch to PC, a good graphics card is very pricey atm if you don't already have one.

10. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

guys what do you mean by create your own server?? Do you create a lobby where you are the admin or you need a physical pc where assetto corsa runs as server ( dedicated only for that task) and then you need to have another pc to run as client your game instance?

sorry did not read this : "
    No it doesnt quite work the same. You cant just make lobbies and people join, you need a computer to run your server that hosts the MP information. (iirc it can be the same computer you play AC on, but it doesnt have to be, it can be a dedicated server) "

so the question is? can you kick a specific person from the lobby? or is there a vote? how does it work?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  11. Both.
    [​IMG]
    I forget all the admin commands, but kicking a player is one of them for sure.

12. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

LOL.. you can even decide max collisions x KM ....the quorum, blacklist... the vote duration..
    wtf!!! really!

13. Gotta love that forbidden fruit. LOL
    I'm not kidding, or being condescending, when I state: Get a PC

MaxStrong01, Cote Dazur and Flavus like this.
  14. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

But dude.. what really frustrates me is that the functionality to kick is there on console
    Probably all the functionality is there but we cannot use set the parameter via interface because they have struggled doing that or because they did not bother!
    I bet they hard coded kick vote quorum 100 % and session vote quorum 100 % or something really high.

15. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

On PC we even have an application called minorating, that prevents bad driver to join your server if you set it to do so.
    Just saying.:D

16. Default is set to 70% on PC, so probably that.

17. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

lol , the lobby management and UDP would really boost console version.. Let's see tomorrow what the big announcement is . If AC2 is not developed from day1 for consoles, I will pass to PC!

Cote Dazur likes this.
  18. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Wow, I didn't even realise until just now that console players can't join PC servers!
    I presume the physics is sufficiently different that it wouldn't be a fair fight?

19. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

I believe it is because of the different operating system not level of driving.

20. You presumption is incorrect.

21. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

Is it fair to say that to run Assetto on PC at the max power we need around 1000- 1200 GBP ( TV screen excluded) ?