1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

VR Support - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Derek Speare, Jun 10, 2018.

1. No idea how 'out of the box' it was or if they had messed with the settings, but my one and only experience of Pcars2 was in the Pirelli Booth at Spa 24 last year, and frankly what I saw in VR was terrible. It was as if I was looking through GoPro cameras or something, the fov felt insanely wide. Again, I can only assume that was out of the box but don't know that for a fact.

That being said, I love and have no problems with AC in VR, and I don't use any third party apps or lock to horizon etc.

2. mms

mms Alien

For me it looks perfectly fine in AC, and I'm not a midget...

sherpa25 likes this.
  3. Full_Ninja

Full_Ninja Racer

Add Elite Dangerous. With a cockpit, HOTAS and transducers is incredible

4. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Both AC and RR allow to alter the seating position in all three axis. You just explained why that is so. ;)

And yes, in new cars I alter my position in most, but not all cars.

5. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Yes, cockpit feeling and all that is great. But I cannot get warm with the game, as a newcomer to it I - and many others - feel too much left alone with a quite fiddly control interface. Thats why I do not play it.

A very important VR highlight I forgot to mention: Subnautica. Now that is the kind of game beside racers that VR was made for. VR multiplies the intensity of the mood and atmosphere by several factors. The claustrophobia. The screaming of the invisible big thing out there in the open, deep, blue abyss. Its one of the games that can give you goose pimples if you play it alone in a dark room. A must-have for VR.

IL2 Battle for Stalingrad works very well in VR, too. I did not expect that, due to the tiny size of distant planes. But they worked around that quite well.

Andrew_WOT likes this.
  6. gandlers

gandlers Hardcore Simmer

Thumbs up,
    Damn good game, nice to relax and swim round in the shallows, or to go deep in the subs or prawn suit.

Slowbloke likes this.
  7. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Tried Racket NX last night, the demo, this morning replacing it with the full version. Superb mix of Arkanoid, Squash, Pinball. It demosntrates what potential lies in V and that there are game ideas that you can only realise in VR. One of the best VR games on the market currently, I'm sure. It just has left Early Access after two years, they spend this time well to finetune every single detail. The result is utmost convincing: they got everything right in this one.

P.S. Racket NX is not to be mistaken with Racket Fury (also a good game, robot table tennis in very polished presentation, physics are such that they make the game more forgiving and a bit more accessible than the more advanced physics of Eleven Table Tennis. If TT is your thing, get both).

Phil64 and mms like this.
  8. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I do like "Eleven" table-tennis a lot, I find it an excellent way to not only have fun but, I can actually develop new serves and hone my skills for real-world use. Transition still takes some time to adapt to reality but, it's surprisingly effective for practice and making saves and developing reflexes to be automatic and second-nature.

Phil64 likes this.
  9. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

We probably need new thread in Chat section. I"ll seed one.

10. Daniel Costa

Daniel Costa Racer

The midget legs are after adjusting the axis to replicate the distance from my eyes to the hands on the wheel.

Either way, both AC and R3E need pitch adjustment which pcars2 has and I use a lot.

I rate pcars2 VR very highly after trying them all (except iracing €€€)

11. I must say it is extremly refreshing to come across a dev with a backbone and happy to put trolls in their place !! @Lord Kunos you have a massive supporting from Australia and New Zealand mate and we have a huge following with over 100 guys signed up and ready to race online with ACC and we all appreciate everything you guys are doing. If VR works or not ACC is going to be a blast and you guys are doing a top job so huge thanks from AK Racing !!!!!!!!!!

Winston, mms, sherpa25 and 5 others like this.
  12. Lawndart

Lawndart Hardcore Simmer

It just occurred to me... I went full VR a year ago and my chassis has no way to put a monitor in front of it anymore... a lot of racing sim folks went full VR... and AC was one of the leading reasons/examples :eek: so I do hope the early access has VR support, it’s well supported in UE4, but not sure if they would do any work on it this early in dev.

morpwr69, Micii1 and Psit like this.
  13. pastranario

pastranario Racer

Leave developers that the users do all, do not bother (sarcasm) ... they said that AC did not support lights, the users did it, they said they could not stand night, the users did it, they said they could not stand the weather, the users succeeded , now they give indications that the VR is going to delay, and if surely they will have to be the users who look for the form to make work the VR ....

14. ozzyneil

ozzyneil Gamer

[​IMG]

Dookie, Whitestar, Lawndart and 4 others like this.
  15. Turk

Turk Alien

I've kind of resigned myself to the probability it won't have VR when EA is released.

I'm expecting the basics from EA, maybe one track and only 1 - 4 cars or something. With VR being turned on at a later date once they've shown the basics are working.

I'm in the same boat, my rig has nowhere to put a monitor, my rig is also packed away at the moment so I may just install ACC and try it out with the xbox controller just to see what it looks like.

If it comes with VR in EA the rig is coming down and I'm trying out that new transit van mod too.

Lawndart and Micii1 like this.
  16. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

I'm pretty sure you will be able to use VR it just won't be listed as supported initially until they are certain it works for most people.

17. Micii1

Micii1 Racer

Really hope it is day 1

Stains likes this.
  18. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

I also hope for it, but I won't cry if it isn't.

19. I’ve not read any troll comments. Just people that love AC and are passionate about VR. Criticism can be helpful, brown-nosing isn’t.

membran likes this.
  20. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

No VR, no buy? Well, that's constructive.

nate likes this.