1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have to say that ACC drives ver-ry close to iR now. You have to coast a lot more, similar tricks works wonders through some corners and the same corner I'm struggling in iR is something I cannot drive consistently fast in ACC. :)

Schumacher S's have never been this much fun.

Kristaps and sissydriver like this.
  2. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Fanatec CSW v2, neither damper, spring or Drift functions does any difference in ACC.

3. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Another graphics tip to try: Post Process 'low' though keep Effects 'epic'. Set that saturation back to 100, if you set it lower with post process up. Then, bump resolution scale as far up as possible, mine is at 200.
    Crisp image, no over processed blue image, nice fps boost and effects like rain etc still full on.

Ischemica likes this.
  4. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

i'll try.
    Many thanks anyway for now.

5. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

The note makes sense, guess things will come. ;)

6. stephen_b

stephen_b Racer

Weather is acknowledged to have too big an effect at present with the current iracing tyre model. I see from when he joined the race session the air temp was 18C, which probably means a fairly cool track temp which makes for much grip and lower lap times.

7. donShere

donShere Hardcore Simmer

Nicki says the track is more realistic in IR, not in dimensions, elevation or surroundings but details on curbs. Another small detail he mentioned is that ACC have lights around the Nurburg track that irl aren't there.

8. I felt the kerbs on ACC was better to avoid than to use because they unsettle the car really bad, base setup

mms likes this.
  9. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

https://www.blancpain-gt-series.com..._id=7&filter_meeting_id=84&filter_race_id=631

You can check quali times (witch are really close to ones people do right now with their times on ACC bare in mind that people are runing probablly low fuel for Hotlaping,,while in Iracing they are actually fueled and racing and than it comes all that other differences :D

10. mms

mms Alien

That was just a silly joke, I watched his videos, I also know that lap times are affected by lots of different factors ;)

11. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

Guys, is anyone feeling a slight delay in the controls? Or is it a placebo from the dampening? Maybe the people talking about 111hz being low had a valid point..?

donShere likes this.
  12. chakko

chakko Alien

It has a touch of the oversteer character, but, i think that's more down to the slick tires being a bit more twitchy, and "realistic". The FFB is still miles ahead of iR's. It's rather close to that of AC, minus the "hole in the middle".
    True thing. :) Don't cut the out corner... already hooked in the tyre a couple of times there, and flew off, brutally. :D Love the grass and sand bed physics, BTW.

13. mms

mms Alien

Right now there's a considerable input lag experienced by some people including me (see this thread with a video: Input lag at high fps, no vsync.). Don't really think it's due to the 111hz, that should only cause about 10ms lag, in the video in that post it's way more than that (around 80ms).

14. chakko

chakko Alien

No problem here in that regard.

mms likes this.
  15. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

Oh no I'm definitely not experiencing anything near 80ms. Might just be that the car feels heavier and more understeery (compared to AC) that gives me the impression of slower inputs.

mms likes this.
  16. mms

mms Alien

Hmmm, that's interesting, I'll try to measure up the input lag I'm having a bit later, but I think it's event worse than what @Ace Pumpkin was having. Somehow I missed his post saying that updating the nVidia driver solved the issue on his side, I'm going to try it and report back...

17. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

If FFB is numb for you try lowering the gain. I moved from 100 to 80 to 65 and back up to 70, coming close to AC in detail in my opinion. I guess with higher numbers a lot of detail gets clipped out.

Quite happy today except for some obvious bugs (all reported allready, afaik).

mms, Salad Fingers and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  18. DM2zzion

DM2zzion Hardcore Simmer

That thing about non-existing lights is utter nonsense. They are there and lit every year during the 24 hours race, placed along a large part of the track. I spend quite some time there during this years race. Just look at these two photos I took in the middle of the night, first on the approach to T5, second in T5:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  19. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Also I find it very interesting that people think the curbs are scary. Especially the ones on the Schumacher S 2nd turn inside and the ones after the final chicane can be taken quite recklessly in my opinion. But remembering some GT Masters races, those GT3 cars take a lot of punishing regarding curbs.

On the final chicane I can easily feel the car lifting off if pushing too far inside on the corners, but the car settles quite fine with the default safe setup.

Schnipp likes this.
  20. Yeah, you can take kerbs recklessly but if you go slightly wide over the kerb, DO NOT EVER run back across its sharp edge because you WILL die. :p