1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

I find it quite interesting that people find the FFB problematic in ACC. I think it's the best FFB I've ever touched. Very pronounced and stiff,as a GT car should be. I lowered gain around 80% and I can feel everything.

sissydriver, luxxx797 and mms like this.
  2. chakko

chakko Alien

That's what i meant in the Schumacher S. :) Take the curb in a unlucky angle, and, off you go. Never happened to me in AC that way.

LeDude83 likes this.
  3. donShere

donShere Hardcore Simmer

No one mentioned non existing lights. Just that on certain parts there are lights in ACC that aren't there irl, according to Nicki, that not just have been there now and then. He mentioned it between the Valvoline and Ford Kurve if i'm not mistaken. You might be right, just going by his word.

4. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

I like Niki Thiim but he is wrong. On this onboard you can clearlly see lights on the place where are they in game :)

EDIT: 35sec of the vid
    he is stating that that left hander is totally dark..but lights are there just like in ACC

PolarClaw, Dookie, AC Support and 7 others like this.
  5. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

Why is everyone obsessed with Nicki Thiim?

6. henri

henri Hardcore Simmer

It's pretty easy to check from youtube. Christopher Zöchling also said in his twitch stream that some parts got too much lights and he was happy when Kumho and Bit-kurve (T11-T12) was dark like irl. Although in onboard videos they seem to have more light than in ACC :rolleyes:. It could be overexposure by camera automatics and video is lighter than what you really see.

NWG.Slum likes this.
  7. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Scratch that.

I just tried Reshade on ACC, results a far better than expected, video coming soon.
    Not urging people to flock to Reshade, but judge for yourself.

Luca Zari and Freddie Seng like this.
  8. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

I dont think anybody is obsessed with him. He is racing driver streaming racing in sim games. And it is always cool to see racing drivers do that. Yes he is loud, yes he is f*ing around most of the time.. but there is times when he is serious and doing proper racing and it is good to watch.

9. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Here's the video:

Edit: reuploaded in 60fps, but still has some stutters in the end, nothing ingame though. Comparison only for the sharpness and performance hit.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  10. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

I like your video, but I'm confused. It says 100-120fps in the top left corner of your video, but the video itself stuttered a lot and/or was your game stuttering as well?

11. Tberg

Tberg Alien

No, just the windows moviemaker on some 29.xx fps, I'm reuploading in 60fps, but still the video has some stutters. No stutter ingame though, and video is to compare the sharpness.

Raklödder likes this.
  12. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Can you get us some replay footage with reshade?? would like to see some comparison there

Freddie Seng likes this.
  13. Freddie Seng

Freddie Seng Hardcore Simmer

14. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Got it to work, thanks! First time ever using DRI mode without the wheel tankslapping, feels good!

15. Stains

Stains Simracer

Image is okay but definite dips below 60 ! At least with my 1080Ti at 4k which I assume you have at 200 res scale . What setting are you running ?

16. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Day 2. Wow just wow. Magic this Kunos guys.
    Can't imagine in a couple of months guys with top hardware,VR and motion rigs :eek:.
    And multiplayer!
    Only 1 month for the next build. I am curious about the Bentley monster :).

About the missing gearbox setup, is it supposed to be so? Some kind of BOP for each track?

P.s. I don't know why but tonight had a complet diferent experience driving a night race, with an AI car following me close. His beam light very strong on the mirror and on my windscreen almost blinding my view. Another top immersive effect.

Breaks and ABS adjust is very well modeled.

17. tow

tow Racer

Helmet cam not allow glance left and right ?

18. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Ischemica and PLebre like this.
  19. NWG.Slum

NWG.Slum Racer

Well, I race here in the States. He is fast AF, and he wins. IDK or really care too much about being fast on the internet or in the video games, but the dude is legit FAST IRL, and has honkin balls, as evidenced by several of his onboard-incar cams. I have learned a lot from him, for free, versus my instructors who kinda suck, are way too boring, and lame, and old, and not hooners at all like us, and who charge $100/hr.

That's why here at my shop, we all support Nicky "Big Balls".

Also, for the record, in the car, on the track, at night, there is much less visibility than you think. I have studied that GP circuit a lot over the last decade. I think KS gets it pretty close to right, but there is a little too much light there for sure.

donShere likes this.
  20. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Yes, it will work; there are posts in the SimX Owners Club forums explaining how to do it by editing the SC4 game profile using the AC game-plugin.