1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nao

Nao Alien

Sooo... If anybody is interested in running Triples right now, it is possible, there is no bezel or angle controls on side screens but game has no problems running at 5760x1080. I'm using "winexplorer" to force this window resolution, and added 1920 to safe zone left and right in hud.json (in documents) to stop apps from running away to side screens.

Resolution resets on load thou so i wonder if anybody knows where video settings are stored? Would make the whole ordeal quite a bit easier.

NWG.Slum likes this.
  2. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Hardcore Simmer

Regarding Reshade, how did you manage to make it work ? maybe im doing something wrong but does nothing for me....

NWG.Slum likes this.
  3. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Kunos has confirmed there is an issue and are working on it.

4. tow

tow Racer

Which wheel you use?

5. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Not running 4k, 2k only.
    Not using res scale either anymore, watch the video I posted further up.

6. C3PO

C3PO Hardcore Simmer

Hi guys - used the sim a few times until it suddenly refused to launch and keeps crashing on the opening screen before it gets to the video. Will upload crash logs etc tonight. Always had nVidia latest drivers installed.

My question though is how to map functions to the keyboard if you use a wheel? Cannot seem to get that option working, vital for me as I only have one button on my wheel working.

Really like ACC - feels good and immersion excellent. Sure, things need to be polished up but looking like a great product.

7. SunBro

SunBro Alien

Ischemica and Raklödder like this.
  8. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Run setup and select the game in your steam folder:
    ..\steamapps\common\Assetto Corsa Competizione\AC2\Binaries\Win64\AC2-Win64-Shipping.exe

Select the suggested API, download all the effects or just AdaptiveSharpening (you can always run it again and just have the few effects you want). Start the game and watch the Reshade info appear in the top left, follow from there.

9. tow

tow Racer

Can someone tell me what is ECUmap?

10. eSEA One

eSEA One Hardcore Simmer

Not sure you know of "SimHub" This amazing bit of software by "Wotever" He has already got some of the components working to a degree in ACC. It is a driving software for DIY Dashboard hardware, pedal shakers, transducers and more.
    Compared to Sim Commander, it is far cheaper, in fact it is free and you can donate to the cause -certainly worth it. "Wotever" is always adding things and updating.

11. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

After finally getting some 4h in, here's some initial feedback:

Summary to begin: I love it :) The graphics look very good to me - I haven't found the perfect balance eye candy/performance yet but what I set as a baseline is a mix of high and mid, mainly. FXAA doesn't work well but temporal is just right - with "epic" all is sharp on my screen, even at 100 resolution scaling. But with all the people saying it looks so good at 200 I'll treat that with high priority next time I tweak. The best thing is that unlike in AC, FreeSync appears to be working very well. I set some pretty high settings yesterday to find out the constant 74 FPS-threshold in practice mode in dry daytime. Then I switched to night and storm - all smooth. Started the AI race and - all smooth. I checked the Afterburner log and was pleased - the FPS had dropped to an AVG of ~60 but also going down ~48. All of this looked perfectly smooth in-game. Looks like FreeSync/GSync users with dated GPUs (like me) will be able to take full advanteage of the technology.

The FFB feels good to me but there'll have to be some adaption options. On my T500RS it feels too thick, as if it clipped, although I run only 60 gain in ACC. When I tried rain the FFB came to life with higher dynamic range and good feedback. It will be great...I can feel it underneath but it needs to be carved out a bit.

The sound is really good. The leveling and fading could maybe use some work - the tyre scrub (although good sample) feels kind of the same every time.

The initial ratings we got are great fun and useful IMO. I underestimated it when reading Minolin's blog - "Why do I need some offline rating in ACC?!?" but I found myself hooked right away trying to achieve a good result. It really works for me - when it came to Car Control (where you need to be at the limit for 5 laps) my lap times dropped by ~0.5 s...and I crashed once :p
    The comments "Agressive, but good", "Quite slow", "Fine" etc.: I found them a bit silly in the beginning - is this Tony Hawk's pro Skater? But literally 2, 3 corners in I loved it. On secnd glance it's not silly or unrealistic. It's very helpful in reminding that I tend to overdrive and also realistic since this is what your driving instructor would say.

Well done, @Minolin. Your creative work is a great addition for ACC.

mms, Ace Pumpkin, Dean Ogurek and 4 others like this.
  12. Diablo_rf

Diablo_rf Hardcore Simmer

Maybe because you place it in the wrong folder, can't tell you right now coz I'm at work but there is another .exe file in binaries folder, just start the game and see witch .exe is working and look for it.
    Using reshade myself, it's a lot better than vanila, and I can tune the amout of colors as much as I like. For example I hate the over saturated blue, so I can just tune it down, and in dark place my dashboard will not be bluesh but more gray.
    Speaking of it, I found a trick in the reshade shaders that allows for a more natural colors and palette, I might post a video about my preset in the respective thread, so take a look if you are interested.
    The only problem with reshade is that this is a very and again VERY personal app, because most of us are using different displays, tv's, monitor's, and color settings, in each case it will look different. So for example what on my screen can look good, in your screen can look oversaturated or too bright or too dark. So you have to tune it youself.

13. CKraegel

CKraegel Simracer

Got a question regarding possible performance in VR:

At the moment I‘m running ACC on my 27“ Monitor in 2560x1440 and I‘m getting around 60fps in given settings.

Does this mean I‘ll get a performance on the Rift (2160x1200) that is roughly on par or maybe slightly better or is the VR performance also influenced by other factors?

Thanks in advance guys :)

14. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

T500RS it is numb , I did a bit of a test yesterday I turned down the spring and damper sliders to 0 in the Trustmaster control panel and it made no difference at all in ACC, in AC it made a huge difference and was difficult to drive. That suggests that something isn't quite right .

15. marconi

marconi Gamer

Had a look on Sim X Owners club.I'm having a little trouble trying to work out the second half of the procedure on how to do it.
    Could this be explained more clearly? I think its the 4.1 Game: ACC

SC > Control Center: Select old Assetto Corsa profile
    3. Duplicate
    4. Basic Settings...
    4.1 Game: ACC

16. matz_AUT

matz_AUT Hardcore Simmer

@Aristotelis has acknowledged already that there may be a problem with the T500 FFb in ACC, and that they are looking into it

17. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

:) Thanks yeah I know

matz_AUT likes this.
  18. Slicks on wet track - I think I've found my favourite thing ever! All that its missing is any sort of drying/getting wetter, some unpredictability.

But really if you haven't already, try it! Quite interesting seeing the difference the Slicks vs Wets are in the Light, Medium and Heavy rain levels.

Light and Medium slicks are totally drivable, but obviously you lose time to wets (which will become important when we get dry>wet transitions during races), the latter rain setting actually quite close in pace to the former with wets, but the difference is more stark on slicks.

Just tried heavy rain now with slicks.... :eek: Now that is a challenge! But its still possible, and the laptime is even more horrendous. But its so fun, so satisfying being brave enough to brake a little later, keep flat out a bit longer, get on the power a little earlier.

I'm not totally convinced by the dry tyres on dry track yet (huge drop off with slip), and FFB is super damped for me. But this wet stuff is glorious.

Edit*

Pretty sure 'Storm' weather and slicks is the limit... Thats the point where is goes from 'very tricky yet still possible and satisfying' to 'have fun creaming the front of your shiny green Lambo down every wall in sight'

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
    Dookie, DaveS78, Dean Ogurek and 5 others like this.
  19. Thomas Gocke

Thomas Gocke Alien

nope, for VR two view ports have to be rendered, so it's not comparable. It will be lower with VR.

CKraegel likes this.
  20. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

Is there no diff power and coast settings for the Lambo? Gear ratios also?