1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Evo Modding Support?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by TeTeMaTeTe, Apr 4, 2024.

Tags:
  1. TeTeMaTeTe

TeTeMaTeTe Rookie

Since the release of the new trailer, I’ve seen many people going back and forth over whether it will have modding support or not. I haven’t been able to track down a source, but the people saying yes seem rather confident. Any idea where they could be getting this idea from?

Keclu likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.10.2 hotfix update OUT NOW! Yesterday at 2:09 PM
    Online Leagues / Championships room Australian Assetto Corsa league - XGN Tuesdays and Thursdays Yesterday at 4:30 AM
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.10.1 hotfix update OUT NOW! Apr 4, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.10.0 update and Nürburgring 24hr DLC are OUT NOW! Apr 3, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Assetto corsa 2 Mar 26, 2024
    Console Lounge How to share clips to Assetto Corsa club Mar 17, 2024
    ACC General Discussions An official Assetto Corsa discord server please. (iracing, raceroom, and gt7 has one) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Assetto corsa competizione ps5 Mugello best track Mar 14, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Assetto Corsa Competizione UE4-AC2 Game has crashed and will close. Feb 25, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa 2 Silence Feb 22, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Moving Game Files from One Drive to C:\Users\Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione Feb 19, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.8 hotfix update OUT NOW! Feb 1, 2024
    Bug reports Assetto Corsa Competizione PS5 Version 1.9.7 Wipers Bug Jan 29, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.7 hotfix update OUT NOW! Jan 26, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.6 update and GT2 Pack DLC are OUT NOW! Jan 24, 2024

3. Rioku

Rioku Racer

If ACE goes good with VR

My primary goal is VR same for my friends.

I don´t care mods.

detoit and TeTeMaTeTe like this.
  4. Ecnelis

Ecnelis Alien

ACE will be a proper AC successor, it will be built on a custom Kunos' engine again, and it will not be limited by licensing (like the ACC with SRO license), probably - closing it for modding would not make much sense.

Let's wait and see.

TeTeMaTeTe likes this.
  5. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

The only thing I can remember is this old interview from 2021 (in Italian) where Marco Massarutto said (here google-translated):

The community is very active in terms of mods, can it play an even more leading role?
    What enthusiasts have done over the years is incredible. Now it is necessary to guide an ethical path, I see too much content taken from other productions, there is no skill or virtuosity in this. If the community wants to become a protagonist, it will have to do so by also following rules of good conduct, respecting the work and intellectual properties of others.
    That said, we're trying to figure out how to support the modding community in the future in a more creative and less self-serving way, so we can give the best modders the visibility and credit they deserve.
    Some are also asking for an official portal for these mods. Have you thought about it?
    In the past we thought about activating Steamworks, but this would lead to problems resulting from major license conflicts, not to mention the abuse of content ripped from other products, a phenomenon that we do not intend to support even indirectly, so we have decided to shelf it.

upload_2024-4-5_12-7-31.png

Of course this was back in 2021 so who knows if they have changed their minds since then.

TeTeMaTeTe likes this.
  6. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

7. TeTeMaTeTe

TeTeMaTeTe Rookie

Thanks for the links! I’ve checked out the traxion podcast interview as well. The responses range from No to Non-Answer in regards to modding support, which makes sense.

These are all at least a year ago though, so one can hold out hope for such support, but not very much hope xD.

It’s disappointing. But the way he acknowledges heavily modded Assetto as a benchmark to surpass rather than ignoring it entirely has me excited.

I don’t want to set my expectations too high, as recent sim racing titles have repeatedly failed to meet them, but seeing these I am going to remain *cautiously* optimistic.

Keclu likes this.
  8. Keclu

Keclu Rookie

Yes pls

9. PostBox981

PostBox981 Gamer

The only way I would accept modding is like the rF2 workshop is doing it. Choose from all content available and have it updated automatically. Quite like Marco Massaruto I also wonder about the licensing question though. Don´t know how the rF2 Workshop can be legal.

Keclu likes this.
  10. Bob Peirce

Bob Peirce Racer

All but a couple of the tracks I currently drive in AC were modded. In fact, the main reason I chose AC in the first place was somebody had created a Pitt Race mod. If I can't get that I won't upgrade.

As for cars, I've used the Porsche 981 GT4 and fiddled with the suspension to make it more like a 718. There may be a 718 mod out there but I haven't really looked. However, a 718 GT4 would be great.