1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione to be released in September?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Luatz1, Jun 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luatz1

Luatz1 Racer

So, after mi daily google search for any info regarding ACC (too much hype for my body), I found this.

https://www.automoto.it/news/assetto-corsa-competizione-la-recensione-completa.html

I don't speak any Italian, I might understand something but well... for what it says here, it looks like during an interview with Aristotelis Vasilakos, in the end of the article, as you can see, it says that the game will be launched in september....

During these 24h, no other website nor forum has been talking about this...(I think). Could this be the real release date for the early access?

Personally I wish the game comes out before august (24h of spa please), so that I can play it during my summer vacation...

What do you guys think?

BrainsBush and Ischemica like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa Evo Modding Support? Apr 4, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.10.1 hotfix update OUT NOW! Apr 4, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.10.0 update and Nürburgring 24hr DLC are OUT NOW! Apr 3, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Assetto corsa 2 Mar 26, 2024
    Console Lounge How to share clips to Assetto Corsa club Mar 17, 2024
    ACC General Discussions An official Assetto Corsa discord server please. (iracing, raceroom, and gt7 has one) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Assetto corsa competizione ps5 Mugello best track Mar 14, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Assetto Corsa Competizione UE4-AC2 Game has crashed and will close. Feb 25, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa 2 Silence Feb 22, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Moving Game Files from One Drive to C:\Users\Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione Feb 19, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.8 hotfix update OUT NOW! Feb 1, 2024
    Bug reports Assetto Corsa Competizione PS5 Version 1.9.7 Wipers Bug Jan 29, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.7 hotfix update OUT NOW! Jan 26, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.6 update and GT2 Pack DLC are OUT NOW! Jan 24, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Unable to Play Assetto Corsa on Steam due to Malicious code found by AV Jan 5, 2024

3. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

With google translate it gives pretty good translation of the Italian text. Lot of interesting information.. but yes sadly seems like Septemper :( Not technically summer but autumn in my books, but better to have EA in good condition than to rush it

4. Freddie Seng

Freddie Seng Hardcore Simmer

Well "technically" summer ends on september 23rd in Europe so yeah. I wish I'd come sooner than september actually you know what I wish I'd come RIGHT NOW but oh well

5. Luatz1

Luatz1 Racer

I don't know how "official" that information is but…. It looks pretty official…. Anyway I still think that the gameplay looks pretty smooth and playable, you can enjoy a few races in different conditions without any problem.

We all know it will be an Early Access, and it will have a bug from time to time, as it is normal in an unfinished version. I think the best moment for them to release the game would be the 24h of spa, it's the highlight of the blancpain series (in my opinion) and the race with most expectation and viewers for the marketing. I really hope they say something soon as it is already summer.

6. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Italian to the rescue, quick translation of the main points:
    Kerbs are more "friendly" than in AC, although different kerbs produce different tire flex and so different grip.
    Kerbs during rain are even too grippy at the moment. Aris says it is a precaution used for these presentations so the AI does not go crazy. They are working on improving the AI so that the kerbs can be slippery as they should and AI cars understand what to do.
    Rain simulation: not just less grip as in other sims (?), there is a layer of water that is affected by the tire. The amount of water the tire can drain determines the grip. This is also affected by steering angle, speed, drag etc. If the tire cannot drain the water there is aquaplaning.
    Driving lines: so far there are preset lines. When it starts raining, the "dry" rubbered lines become slippery and "oily" so the driver will have to change the lines. If the rain continues, it may clean the rubber but of course at that point the amount of water may create other issues. Water puddles will be dynamic and dependent on the nature of the circuit and the draining capacity of the surface.
    Force feedback: it seems it is new and more direct (?).
    BoP: official Blancpain BoP. 4 groups, each one for a different kind of circuit (from A for low drag tracks to D for high drag tracks).
    No choice of having the actual meteo situation from the real track. Maybe some other feature but nothing to declare at the moment.
    The takeaway from the guy is that ACC shows a marked quality improvement compared to AC.
    ACC will be available in September.

Rosko, Ace Aono, hristo1026 and 14 others like this.
  7. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Well yes by definition, you're right. But September (syyskuu) literally translates to "Autumn month" in Finnish. Leaves die, avg. temps 8,5° C here.. doubt any Finn would see it as summer month. But yeah officially 23rd

Micii1 likes this.
  8. Freddie Seng

Freddie Seng Hardcore Simmer

Oh yeah I didn't catch you were Finn. Yeah 8,5°C is pretty far away from the idea of summer no doubt. I guess we all need to watch this from an italian perspective

Micii1 and ShredatorFIN like this.
  9. chakko

chakko Alien

We call mid summer the beginning of summer here. ;)

10. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

In Portugal, and I believe in Italy also, September is undoubtedly summer, even after the 23rd :D
    Although kids start school in the first half of September, there are still some very good weekends to enjoy the beach and the good weather throught the month.

Ggg28, Psit and Guidofoc like this.
  11. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Hope Steam page wasn't referring to Australian summer that starts December 1st.

sissydriver, Fear and D.Jankovic like this.
  12. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

ACC available in september, or ACC early access available in september ?

hristo1026, BrainsBush and D.Jankovic like this.
  13. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

14. Quffy

Quffy Alien

15. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

If the September release towards the end of the 2018 Blancpain GT season is true that means a long time to wait still... but then again Kunos will have more time to prepare the sim, gather feedback from drivers and teams and implement features before Early Access even begins. The more polished it is from the start the better the chances that it'll make a good impression on the public.

Freddie Seng likes this.
  16. pavano

pavano Simracer

While true, I’d preferred they’d given autumn as a eta for the EA.
    it’s human not to assume the extremes of a possibility when they are unfavorable to one’s own hopes.

To me, core period of summer is July August, so waiting now seems way longer.

Still, mightily impressed by what has been shown so far!

17. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

If my memory serves me well, AC had a quite long EA, lasting for more than 1 one year (November 2013 until December 2014).
    Quite probably ACC will have a much shorter EA period.
    Considering EA is expected for this summer (June to September :D), the last Blancpain race is on the last day of September and the obvious and natural interest of having the release date as close as possible to the 2018 championship, it won't be a surprise if ACC RC is to be announced during the last quarter of this year, sometime between October and December.
    And speaking of Blancpain:
    https://www.blancpain-gt-series.com...o+corsa&filter_series_id=0&filter_team_news=0

trucidatio likes this.
  18. September will be here soon!

Ace Aono likes this.
  19. coret3x

coret3x Simracer

20. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

is too far away...:(

D.Jankovic likes this.
  21. BrainsBush

BrainsBush Hardcore Simmer

Aug 24! Why? Because that's my birthday and Aris* promised me a gift I won't forget ever o_O

* Or was it Stefano?

sissydriver likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.