1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

In the tracks weighting page just checkboxes instead of bars from 0 to 100 would solve the problem for me.

2. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

+14567.3358

The weights have never worked, at least not the latency one. Most populated servers are Euro so it's a problem people in Europe don't experience. But in Australia the latency certainly doesn't get priority if it's set at 100 with everything else at zero. As mentioned above we'd love a way to stop all of the 300+ Euro server clogging up our server list (and by extension making quick join drop us into 380ms ACC Belgium server 99% of the time), as they are no use to us.

Rolz likes this.
  3. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

Have to say I'm starting to get there with the chassis flex and tyre model, it is taking it's time, I'm still not 100% convinced about it but making some improvements now, first had to ditch my wheel profiles and setups and work clean from there, but the biggest help was Aris's live stream about the chassis flex the other day, gave me some great tips on how to go about this and possible changes needed in the setups..
    So cheeers to Aris for that video..;)

4. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

I have all track at 100% but Monza at 0%, guest what I get on top of my list or half of the time when using quick join?
    Yep! Monza!
    What is hard to understand for that system when I say 0%? As in zero % interest in that track, not 10, not 5, Zero!
    As other have said that system is useless.

Piret2000, Rolz and XettMan like this.
  5. Rolz

Rolz Alien

yeah the algorithms aren't quite there unfortunately... *but* I'm confident the team will sort this out... there is so much that's great and my (small) gripes certainly are getting less and less

6. Si.

Si. Simracer

A Region filter/exclusion on the MP server list might help as it sounds as though it’s the non-Europeans that have the most issues due to inclusion of high ping servers.

7. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

ACC is my second favorite SIM, the only thing I really would like to see is more of everything, in due time, I hope.

It would be my favorite if it was more like AC, as what I like about ACC is not that it is dedicated to one series, it is how it looks, how it sounds and how it drives.

But that particular aspect, "the algorithm", is not working, I am not really unhappy about it, just worth mentioning, so no one waste time on it. I do not even care if it is ever fixed, but would enjoy it if it ever is.

8. Just out of interest I'd like to hear your opinions about the incident after Raidillon:

Of course the question:
    Who is fault? Racing incident? Both? Me as the Ferrari driver or the guy in the Bentley?

Greets After_Midnight

9. dodge33cymru

dodge33cymru Simracer

Definitely the responsibility of the Ferrari to make a clean pass, the Bentley driver hardly moves over into the Ferrari. That said, I’d accept racing incident in the circumstances because it’s not the easiest place to whack on the brakes.

10. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

(for everyone: skip to 3:16 which is the only reasonable cam to see this)
    (for you: keep the fingers of the action cam :D, TV set2 or helicam are king for looking at accidents - though bonus points for the effort of dual screening in the end)

I don't like the definition of "race accident", in my view both have their share and could have avoided it.

First Ferrari is to blame. Bentley was in front for this corner and has the right to chose any line he wants. If there is no space to the right, there is no space. That's how the rules work in the first place.

Anyhow, it's always becoming tricky once somebody does a mistake inside the corner. If the Bentley tries to close that gap, he has to do it right and early - the display is the insecure half-effort that may be responsible for many accidents and misunderstandings. Not enough space to live, but to hesitant to have a clear car-body-language. Most (Ferrari) drivers would go for it in this situation, expecting the Bentley to give him the room in trade of the mistake he did - or shutting the door with confidence, which makes a lift necessary and the hunt will continue. To make things worse, the gap closes down towards the end, instead of opening up.

So this is not a race accident in terms of "idk", but both could have done their part to avoid the contact, so I'd blame both - and considering that it looked like a gap first I'd see the fault 60:40 for the Bentley.

SYBER1AN and After_Midnight like this.
  11. hey everyone whoever knows the keyboard keys for the HUD in replay mode I forgot thank you ;):D

12. Burnleyhome

Burnleyhome Racer

To me, it looks like the Bentley driver is taking his normal line, its just slower than the Ferrari at this place. Bentley is smooth through the corner and no sudden change in steering, so looks like normal pace. If he is anything like me, you are concentrating on your line and exit and making sure you are smooth so you aren't making mistakes. Its the car behind to make the pass and not force you to change your exit out of a corner when you are behind through it.

I presume that the Ferrari driver knows that he's faster at this point and gets a great drive at this point with a huge speed advantage and tries to force the pass. From onboard it looks like there is a gap, but just can't make it. If the Ferrari driver lifts, then he has to wait for another opportunity as he's lost the speed advantage.

I would have gone for it if I was the Ferrari driver and then felt really bad.

I'd rate it 80:20 for Bentley but I would be in the 20%

13. Dobermann92

Dobermann92 Racer

The Bentley definitely let the space open, it was so slow that I would say both of you are faulty, so I would consider it a race incident. Also the force of the hit from your side and from the Bentley's side seems to be a bit different.

After_Midnight likes this.
  14. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Answered in the YT comments

15. dave967

dave967 Racer

In the Ferrari Bently battle, The Bently was the one outta line. The Ferrari guy did everything correctly. the Bently guy didn't have control of his car 3 times in the video and eventually lost total control hitting the Ferrari!

alex21212121 and After_Midnight like this.
  16. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Imho racing accident. But Bentley has turned into Ferrari when it was already side by side, so 60:40 fault (Bentley: Ferrari)

17. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Are you all blind, or what?

the Bentley came out of Radillion near the outer right line. And it holded the line. No weaving right or left. Just a straight line.
    The Ferrari just forced it’s way through there.
    No good in my opinion.

Freddie Seng, Thug, LATE4APEX and 3 others like this.
  18. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

For me the Ferrari was too impatient.
    It was not a safe opportunity to overtake.

The Ferrari was much faster than the Bentley and the Bentley was not driving safe, so the Ferrari had just to wait a little bit longer for the next Bentley-mistake.

19. @All:
    Thank you very much for taking part of the discussion here :)
    Yes you're right on this but I want to share some "race history" too.

Thank you very much for the bonus points. I hope this one will be better:

I know the rules and gentlemen agreements mostly but the question here is where they ends. I was already in front and still on the track when the Bentley was hitting me.

Thanks to you at the same place :)

Exactly my opinion (before reading the comments) :) The contact was at me left door.

I think that's wrong. If the Bentley would stay in a straight line nothing would happened. The problem was he was slightly turning to the right side while I was already in alongside and in front.

...that's true ;)

In the end I'd go with Bentley 60: Ferrari 40. :cool:

XettMan and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  20. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Good incentive, we need more of these discussions. :)

JanR and After_Midnight like this.