1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Progressive system penalty

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Darcy Callai Junior, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Xenix

Xenix Simracer

More dirt on the tyres & and much, much longer is the simple way of a penalty ;-)

2. Tberg

Tberg Alien

5sec throttle lift, goodbye, hope to never see you again.
    Flagrules, yes please.
    Worst cuts, like Monza and Imola chikanes = invisible wall. If it smashes a car once in a while by accident, so be it. It will stop the cuts no doubt.
    As for penalties that does not involve brain analysis, use the same track boundaries as already used by the 5sec penalty, but just give 1 - 2 - 3 cutwarnings n´you're out (stopngo the first time, black flag the next).

This is for public servers, as leagues will punish bad driving anyway regardless of penaltysystem.

jc1993, nate, Leemstradamus and 2 others like this.
  3. Champion Hero

Champion Hero Simracer

4. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Hardcore Simmer

This.

Just a correction: This should be allways used as an option by the server owner, and it's useful for league racing too, not only public servers.

Respecting limits of the track along with my idea of tolerance levels should be enough. But don't forget jump start, pit speed limit and yellow, blue and green flags :D

5. [​IMG]Stefano Casillo‏@KunosStefano
    Thanks for the idea guys.I'll write up a blog post somewhere to recap all the options and the pro and cons for each option. keep 'em coming.

6. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

Stefano is the man!

7. Rodrigo Pires

Rodrigo Pires Simracer

iracing system. Pretty much what we have now, just without the silly throttle cut that can cause more accidents.

8. Juha Mikkola

Juha Mikkola Gamer

Depending on the car: breaking suspension when kurb hopping ;)

nate likes this.
  9. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

You have perfectly summed up why the 5 second throttle cut is a terrible terrible idea. I actually do wonder if the devs even play online to see what the realities are of such a system. When I first played AC back in 2013 I instantly thought that the 5 second throttle cut would be a disaster for online play, its just illogical. Player cuts corner - gets his throttle cut, pack behind close in fast, crash / pile up ensues. I really can't see how anyone would consider it a good solution. Then again, the devs didn't implement pick up servers until the community kicked up a fuss about it, however credit to Kunos, at least they did actually make that change.

There needs to be a tiered penalty system. Not all crimes need the same punishment.

Tier 1; Outright Cutting of chicanes / straightlining track areas
    - 1st Offence = Instant drive through
    - 2nd Offence = Black flag, your race is over, car is removed from track after 30 seconds etc.

Tier 2; 4 wheels off track
    - 1st Offence = Warning
    - 2nd Offence = +5 seconds added to race time
    - 3rd Offence = +10 seconds added to race time
    - 4th Offence = + 30 seconds added to race time

For this to work Kunos would need to set up track cutting zones, mainly at chicanes and tight corners which are easy to cut.

10. offcorsa

offcorsa Simracer

this^^. add the time to the end of the race, still penalty but not affecting on track racing.

or/also as was mentioned put the owness on the driver to go off throttle for 3, 4, or 5, sec at some point before the end of the lap.
    "they say you cut the track, you'll have to slow down and give back the time gained" sound familiar?

Leemstradamus and Tony74 like this.
  11. Jempy

Jempy Simracer

I still wonder why Wally's Pitlane Penalty App isn't taken into account yet with more interest ?

Cut detections based on Kunos's system, .... so not much to change in the system itself
    But this app takes the following parameters into account:

A few lines of the app config file allows to make one's own quick idea:

Everything in there is aimed at making the difference between a real cut and an accident or a misdrive.

3 warnings and the 4th one results to a Drive Through, resetting the cut count to its start again when done.

Surely Kunos might add an automatic system: penalty not done = black flag and automatic return to pits ( as it is or was ?? in case of big crash and car on the roof on the track )

This system is IMO not too difficult to implement without asking too much change in the game and is perfectly imagined.

NB: other settings lines are in there of course:
    number of warnings, number of laps to purge penalty, how many wheels offtrack, etc ...

Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
    Bill Wiskins, Tony74, tabis and 2 others like this.
  12. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Hardcore Simmer

That means everybody needs to have that app installed right? Personally i don't like very much to have a lot of 3rd party apps installed... Also AC needs a penalty system for pitlane speeding, false start, etçª and flags...

Leemstradamus and MAUZERIS[LT] like this.
  13. f_deutsch

f_deutsch Hardcore Simmer

There should be a python API, server side only, where penalties could be applied to any driver. It has been proved that 3rd party apps can detect track cut situations, it may be enhanced to fine tune that detection and the kind of (track cutting, off track, etc.). Then anyone could decide which app and rules to apply on their own server.

Leemstradamus likes this.
  14. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Let's not forget, that whenever a blackflag is issued, if not removed from the server, at least car should not be able to reenter from the pits. Which is why pickup-mode also needs to keep new players in pit if they joined a session under race.

Hagen, Leemstradamus and MAUZERIS[LT] like this.
  15. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Penalty (Drive through) when:
    - 4 wheels off track
    - Exemption: no penalty if you got "shot" (=contact at the "rear part" of the car with another car, "rear part" means everywhere behind the front axle...).

This would be an easy solution. Still not perfect but better than actual solution...

Edit: there could be another exemption: no penalty if there is no gain of position and time (= average lap time)

Leemstradamus and MAUZERIS[LT] like this.
  16. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

I wonder also why Stefano wrote this:
    If his cuts results into time penalty's like 10s per cut, i wouldnt rage anymore.

17. Jempy

Jempy Simracer

What I meant is ...Kunos might take example of this Pitlane Penalty app in order to implement this kind of system in AC, and why not ....only for races ....
    And of course create a server setting side for it.

For Hotlap, just keep the already existing 5 seconds penalty or replace it by the much used 'This lap is not taken into account" system for a cut.

That should not be too difficult to implement this in game without having to change the game bases for this.

Tony74 likes this.
  18. .Repa24

.Repa24 Hardcore Simmer

They just need to specify areas, where cutting is possible and where not. Additionally, i'd prefer a flag system too.

MAUZERIS[LT] likes this.
  19. Jempy

Jempy Simracer

If I'm not wrong, there's already something in AC's plans for flags. !? ... I kind of heard somethign about that, but I don't remember where and when.

20. For hotlapping, id much prefer the system used in the F1 games and GT, just make the lap invalid. Since i'm still just learning to drive quickly, I get frustrated when i run wide, then the game just cuts all throttle, it takes me out of my flow. If i were just able to carry on, with an invalid lap, i think id be happier.

In races obviously you cant just invalidate your lap, that doesnt help anyone. I think corner cutting must be penalised, probably a pit lane penalty or time penalty, i dont really mind.

Anytime off track and you gain positions must also be penalised.

Going wide shouldnt really be punished, since you lose time anyway. If you do exceed track limits and gain a position, again just a time penalty or something would suffice. That should also stop people getting penalties for someone hitting them.

Fairly simple, i think.