1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Progressive system penalty

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Darcy Callai Junior, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

There is track you can use when the curb ends too :p

Niki Đaković likes this.
  2. john oliver

john oliver Simracer

at imola people just cut across the small chicane flat out take the pen and gain like 10econds lol such action should be a direct drive through penaltie with smaller cuts a warning with continued cuts a drive through followed by black flag if they cut again

3. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Hardcore Simmer

Guys, of course there are parts of some tracks where you can go a bit wider, that happens in real racing, specially on touring cars. Some corners at AC are just done that way! The penalty system will be based on those margins (i hope) and can be a bit forgiven during race (let's say, in a configurable way), after 5 times going wide = 5 seconds penalty being served in a two lap margin at driver's discretion. Anyway the white line should be respected all the times in qualifying session, you can check it out in the replay after the race in league racing and penalize the driver with an invalid lap...

F1 rules say:

"20.2 Drivers must use the track at all times. For the avoidance of doubt the white lines defining the track edges are considered to be part of the track but the kerbs are not.
    A driver will be judged to have left the track if no part of the car remains in contact with the track.
    Should a car leave the track the driver may re-join, however, this may only be done when it is safe to do so and without gaining any lasting advantage. At the absolute discretion of the race director a driver may be given the opportunity to give back the whole of any advantage he gained by leaving the track."

4. Niki Đaković

Niki Đaković Hardcore Simmer

Yes, and another curb after that. And non of which is asphalted run-off area. :p

5. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

Having two wheels on the grass while doing a pass is bloody heroic. It should be celebrated, not punished. Sorry, that's just the inner Nigel Mansell in me coming to the fore there.

I personally don't want to see ANY throttle cut at all. Punishments should be;

- end of race time penalty,
    - drive through penalty,
    - black flag.

Thats it. We need to try and keep it as real as possible in my view.

6. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

This is from another game but you can see my point:

Click here
    That's asphalt after the curb, like I said. I didn't mean beyond the curb :p
    It's often to see people abuse that point, and I go there from time to time, specially when tires start to loose grip and I'm pushing hard.

7. Niki Đaković

CBA to post a picture, but there is a curb after that asphalt too, at least IRL and in AC. On the other end of asphalt. In sports-car racing this is unheard of as a penalisable offense.

The white line is virtual. You can never be sure to a millimeter where are you. The edge of a curb on the other hand you feel and you'll know when you're on grass, because everything will start shaking, badly. And there is a curb at the end of that short area to make sure you feel that.

8. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

Let's agree to disagree then. Thats a place where people push it too far im my opinion. I don't like racing so free of track boundaries, but to each is own.

9. Niki Đaković

5 sec penalty area there atm is perfect. You can't push too far and you're not penalized for going some cm off either. Suits both of us. :p

10. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Yes, but he slowed down not enough for the iR standard. Maybe the penalty time can be less than what iR needs, but the system is functional.
    On a perfect world, he should have a sim that make the right penalty at the driver, time by time Always different.
    Obviously we can't have this.
    And if the iR's penalty system go well for that sim (the pinnacle of online racing) i can't see why it shouldn't be good for AC.
    No need to reinvent the wheel every time.

11. Progress...

KunosStefano: "so, removed the penalties from qualify/practice and so on, now working on a slow down system with more flexibility for races."

12. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

Hope that means invalid laps

Rui Santos, Phil64 and garyjpaterson like this.
  13. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

Hmm, not sure if a "slowdown system" is what the majority would like, could be wrong there. So that would be like the iracing one I presume?

14. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

If it comes with drive through if not done it would be great. But don't have my hopes to high on a complete system

15. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Hardcore Simmer

Slowdown system is not bad at all, since the decision is on the driver side, only in case of severe cutting to avoid accident or something, but that can't invalidate penalties! Warnings, stop&go's and drivethroughs are a must, that's racing!!

In qualifying it's an invalidated lap straight away...

16. Champion Hero

Champion Hero Simracer

I agree, but it's good to know it's being looked at at the very least!

I still think Stefano and the team could save themselves a huge amount of work/time by simply tweaking and implementing Wally's system until they can develop a fully working flag/rule/penalty system.

It could literally be put in within a day or two in place of the current one, and apply the disconnect detection that's in place for driving the wrong way around if the penalty is ignored.

Deatroy likes this.
  17. I still think that "three cuts and you're in the pits for a Stop/Go penalty" is the way to do it. I am sceptical that any kind of "slow down" system will be any good.

18. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

F1 does that. Kinda. If a driver cuts a corner and retains a position for instance, team will ask him to let the other driver pass.

19. Jempy

Jempy Simracer

What I'm afraid of: a slow down system making the slowed car ... not collidable !

Hoping that's not the chosen method ! :( .... quick done surely, but surely the less realistic one.

youwerelucky likes this.
  20. Niki Đaković

3 cuts in 5 lap race maybe, or 3 cuts per 5 laps then reset the system. 3 cuts in 50 laps seems like a penalty for half a grid for driving a maximum and wanting to compete and not conform.