1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Comparing the nordschleife. ac vs iracing

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Ace Pumpkin, Dec 5, 2015.

1. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

To be honest, as much as I would like to hate on iRacing (because I plain don't like their business model) this looks pretty darn decent guys. I somewhat prefer AC graphics, but the track itself looks pretty much on the same level. I haven't tried iRacing for soooo long, so I'm not sure if the driving physics are even a match for AC still, but I could see this being very very popular.

kofotsjanne likes this.
  2. Glaurung

Glaurung Hardcore Simmer

May I ask you what program did you use as video editor?
    I think to have seen that action live at "El Bandito" server yesterday ;)

3. Tom Shane

Tom Shane Racer

The track in AC is very good, but it doesn't feel to me like "being there", I just can't get rid of the feeling that behind all the trees around the track is nothing. From the screens and videos, the iRacing version seems to me more believable.

4. Call me when you can do this (I'm in the yellow Vette):

ouvert, Kristaps, mantasisg 2 and 3 others like this.
  5. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

Nice fight. :)

But I can't see what this means in a D*** measuring contests. (Not directed at you) I've had fights like this in GT5 and GT6. And that doesn't mean those games are more realistic than sims :p

6. I know, I know.

But the fact that you can't do this in AC is peculiar, IMO.

7. What part of that can't you do in AC?

Atrax and D1visor like this.
  8. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

Yes. Agree. The post you were replying to is what's wrong :p
    Like this is exclusive to any games. lol

yusupov likes this.
  9. Glaurung

Glaurung Hardcore Simmer

No prototypes in AC :p
    @William Levesque, nice manoeuvres, with clean and respectful drive.

10. I have prototypes in AC
    Showroom_urd_px1_aura_9-11-2015-5-51-54.jpg

End of OT from me.

I'm sure the track will be great, and the cars are getting closer to driving like AC with each major update. Looks like a good job from iracing.

Atrax likes this.
  11. Glaurung

Glaurung Hardcore Simmer

I was kidding.
    The fact is that close actions like above are quite hard to reproduce in AC, because a minimal contact can create a wreck fest.

mrk1001 likes this.
  12. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Yep, sadly you can't . AC's netcode would give you a spin at 27sec and a spin at 32sec.

13. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

Hey, what kind of sorcery is taking place at 0:41? That Ford vanished and re-appeared!

Seriously though, nice footage and nice racing. But I'm not sure why you'd think this can't happen in AC? If anything those physics looked a bit weird.

14. D1visor

D1visor Alien

Adobe Premiere Pro CC. There was one guy in the RUF RT12R at breidscheid that you can see in the video.

15. Now member site it's up now. But they are selling GP track and Nordschleife separately. LOOOOOOOL
    I cannot find vln layout too.

ring.png

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  16. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I saw a stream from yesterday with a guy driving on Nordschleife. He had his chat on the screen so I could see how the chat was looking. The same people that complained about iRacing being down and they werent able to drive answered "iRacing!" when a guy in chat asked which version that were the best, AC or iRacing. But at the same time from what I have seen in chats from iRacing streams it didnt surprised me. No games cant do anything better than iRacing and graphics isnt impotant at all...until iRacing improve it, first then it becomes something thats worth mentioning in videogames. ;) We do see the same type of people here in the forum too though.

I really hope for some pros and cons with both versions from someone that isnt biased. Im waiting for EmptyBox to do something like that.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
    Salad Fingers and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  17. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

I really enjoy watching Empty Box's videos. He's a very good racer too. It will be nice once YouTube starts getting flooded with videos from iRacing users driving the Nordschleife. I'm sure there will be some epic racing videos that will have my heart racing.

Personally, I don't mind that iRacing is charging for the Green Hell and GP course separately. I'm certain there are many people who will only want the GP track. The price, however, should probably be a little lower. $30 sounds like a lot to be able to run a 24hrs of Nurburgring type of race, but then again, I'm not a part of the iRacing universe. To each his/her own.

18. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

OMG $30 just for two tracks that are actually variations of one track :O

19. yusupov

yusupov Alien

simply as a track, iracing's nords will be rated >>> AC simply bc of the dynamic track which AC has nothing close to. the weather options etc are roughly the same in both, the scan is supposedly the same. honestly i expect it to look similar if you dont have a sharp eye (i dont). the main thing im looking forward as far as comparing them go to see how like gt3 cars handle it (i dont think there are any other matching offical cars, could be forgetting something).

20. yusupov

yusupov Alien

theyre not variations of the same track...and AC also released both separate. pCARS has them as separate (no option to run combined). its really not a big deal, the tracks + the mp4/30 definitely make for a bit of a sting to the wallet though.