1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Comparing the nordschleife. ac vs iracing

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Ace Pumpkin, Dec 5, 2015.

1. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

Yeah my bad I thought one was the "tourist" version. Just making the comparison in my head though, $10 for a bunch of cars AND the best Nords up to that point, with all of its variations and other stuff I'm forgetting, an already free GP track, versus $30 for just those two tracks. iRacing's pricing model has gotten out of hand if you ask me. I would like to give it a try again but man the cost is a premium for what it really is... At least that's my humble opinion.

yusupov and kofotsjanne like this.
  2. Tom Shane

Tom Shane Racer

In a sense iRacing is expensive, but for me the "money/time" spent ratio makes it actually pretty comparable to other racing titles. And it is mainly thanks to their online system, that keeps me constantly playing. No other game on the market can offer this at the moment. Absolutely, it's not for all, but it's all up to you.

3. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

Yes I agree with that, iRacing still is the king of online racing. Simply because it revolves around that and it is by far the most organized in that regard (licence divisions, official events, etc). But at the same time, I think they realize that monopoly and raise the prices accordingly. It will hurt them in the long run once they get more competition though.

4. Rift Racer

Rift Racer Alien

Who's going to give them any competition any time soon?

5. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

But the question is... What competition?? No one seems to want to enter that market, which is bad, since it doesn't push them to improve the Cost/Quality ratio :(

Rift Racer likes this.
  6. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

Well only time will tell... I still have hopes that ACs multiplayer will become more serious. There are people and modders doing a great job so far too.

7. Rift Racer

Rift Racer Alien

I have these hopes too, but I can pretty much guarantee it will never be able to match iRacing on that front.

Vítor Sousa likes this.
  8. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

Maybe. If it ever reaches "good enough" though, and we also get a dozen serious leagues organized outside of AC, that's good enough. But AC isn't the only player in the market. You never know what comes up tomorrow.

9. Rift Racer

Rift Racer Alien

New games or "simulations" like this don't just pop up out of nowhere.

They're the result of many years of development, if there was anything that could rival them going to be about in the next few years, imo, we'd have heard of it by now.

10. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Has been like this for two days already, even forum is down.
    Nice, true color of online only sim.

11. yusupov

yusupov Alien

the issue that kept it down yesterday is resolved, theyre now doing w/e it was they were supposed to be able to do yesterday (so downtime for another 2-4 hours likely)

12. Still better than going to any other sim at a random time, and see empty servers or full of noobs.

13. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

How is it better when you can't even launch freaking game, for two days in a row.
    With *other* sims even when the whole internet is down there is always has SP option. For some this is all they need.

Fear likes this.
  14. yusupov

yusupov Alien

its been one day, for a massive update...really not a big deal.

15. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

So it was out yesterday, what is it today, I mean right now. To me this is second day in a row
    upload_2015-12-9_8-12-15.png

16. St3fan

St3fan Alien

I don't agree with the money/time spent ratio theory about why IRacing is not expensive. What is the causity of your money/time spent ratio? Is it because of the high price they set in the first place so you want to put in more time to make your expense worth, or is the sim itself is so good that you put lots of time in it and then your expense pays off?

For me, IRacing is the former. I spent lots of money into it so I don't want to let them go to waste, so that I will spend lots of time in it to "manually" decrease the money/time spent ratio. AC is the latter. I enjoy the game so much, that I untintentionally spend lots of time, and even more time in it. I try to find club races and leagues and get dedicated, and then my money/time spent ratio decreases by itself.

17. Yeah having the game down 3/4 days per year is such a huge problem compared to having close to 0 options to find proper public racing in any other sim...

18. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Didn't care until I've seen this accidentially.

NOPE. It's actually the exact VLN layout (AC nuburgring-sprint with the moto gp chicance like in the endurance layout).
    Suddenly I'm awake, I think I'll need some days off (AC) and give it a try. So I need 15$ for the track, extra $ for cars and extra $ / month to drive? And no road cars?

Rift Racer likes this.
  19. ouvert

ouvert Alien

looks really good

20. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Yesterday when it went down they said about 1h aswell. I dont have a sub on iRacing so me personally it dont do anything if its down, but i feel sorry for the people just waiting for it to come up again.