1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

New Tyre V7: next step to realism or just a trueman show?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by FALK, Apr 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FALK

FALK Gamer

Apart from the guys talking about strange tyres in drift sessions, I wasn't expected there no people talking bout the general function of the V7 tyres.
    Anyway, it's confusing... bought Assetto Corsa in 2014, thought woa, this is incredible. This is a real driving sim, near to that what you feel in a real car. Forget Gran Turismo, this is epic!!
    But with every single update kunos is like: here is the new tyre model. And every time it's basically a complete different driving experience. Do we ever have a Assetto Corsa in its perfection to say: that's it, this is the real experience? I am not a RL racing driver. My drving highlights in 24 years were an 64 mustang and a McLaren MP4. But You can't compare it with the sim if you never attack on a racing circuits over the limits.

Generally I can say I had my problems with tyre model 6. Very low speed in turns.. sometimes problems to push behind the AI. Now, with V7 the possbile speed in the apex seems to be doubled. There is less understeer!
    And what is really increased, is the lateral movement in the pitch axis. (Please name me the correct english term, if you know what I mean).
    [​IMG]
    It seems there is less cornering force with the same tyres. What is okay !! Feels more realistic.
    Kunos said: better understandable physcis. And I agree, but mostly I think it's just easier to drive and hope this not a trueman show and a step to catch the new PS4 console cash delivery man who expect a better need for speed.
    What I really want is the best racing sim which knocks rfactor out in the first round.
    What did you think? Le me know your'e impression

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC User Interface Can Pit MFD remember PSI changes for next auto selection tyre set? Nov 30, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Where is the tire.ini [tyre.ini] file in AC [not Competizione]? Nov 5, 2023
    Chit Chat Room How do I adjust tire [tyre] grip? Nov 5, 2023
    ACC User Interface warnings and tyres type on times table Nov 3, 2023
    Physics Bugs & Issues Tyres doesn't change in pit Oct 8, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions 1.7.2 tyre temperature Aug 23, 2023
    ACC User Interface Tyre Pressure Bars not working correctly for dry tyres after 1.9 patch Jul 7, 2023
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Tyre Physics settings ( PIRELLI 265/645-18 DH, DHB, WH ) Jun 29, 2023
    ACC Physics Wet tyres puncturing a lot? (Ferrari challenge evo) May 26, 2023
    ACC Physics v1.9 Tyre grip falls off a cliff May 1, 2023
    ACC Physics Tyre pressure range for GT4 & wets? Apr 25, 2023
    ACC Physics v1.9 Hot Tyre Temps Apr 24, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions tyre pressure Mar 3, 2023
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Tyres physics, need some explanations on FZ's, Dx_REF,LS_EXP's and MULT Jan 19, 2023
    ACC Tools ACC Simhub does not display tyre inner middle and outer temp Jan 14, 2023

3. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

From my experience it feels better at and over the limit. And by better I mean more realistic. Some cars are crap, others are great, and you can feel that in the sim. I have alot fewer "wtf" moments now, more mistakes are MY mistakes, less that of the physics.

4. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

This is something I have been wondering too. How the cars drives feels really different from when I first played AC until now and even from some patches to patches. People say it keeps getting more real but how fake (sorry, i dont know which word to use here so no one need to get offended) was it the first time I/We first drove it? I appreciate that they keep trying, and do, improving the game so dont get me wrong. "This is the best tyre model to date, this is really realistic" but the same people that say that it was really realistic a couple of years ago too when the feeling was waaaaay different.

Hopefully someone* that knows that cars in the game drive more realistic can explain it without having to get into personal insults.

*someone that feeling and maybe even know how some of the cars behave in real life, and feel that the simulation aspect keeps improving.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
    gregack, SvenUilhoorn and Boris Lozac like this.
  5. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

The constant change in tire behavior is a bit puzzling and indeed defeats the "simulator" purpose but whatever, if the game is fun, it's good.

I have intensively driven the Z4 GT3 since the beginning of the year for a league championship. With the new tires the car became vicious with sudden spins and tankslaps. However it could be corrected with the setup so in the end what remains is higher straightline speed and a somewhat nimbler car in slow turns.

My only grudge is the tire behavior on curbs: they are nastier than before and you have to navigate between curbs that GT3 cars seem to cross without problem in real life.

And I have a still a mystery to solve: how to get the medium and hard compounds actually heat up...

6. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

"The most realistic to date". Driving a real car is very different, mostly due to feedback. The basic responses of the car is as valid now as they were two years ago. They are adding tiny effects that make the cars behave even more like real cars. The latest additions to the tiremodel makes behave more like real cars over time, due to better temperature and wear characteristics. My Gt86 behaved very much like the sim for half a lap of the Nordschelife in similar conditions. With the new tiremodel it behaves like the real car for more of the lap due to tire heating and wear/damage. With the new brake model coming up it'll get ANOTHER step closer.

7. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Thanks. Was that kind of post I was waiting for from someone that driving a car from AC in real life. But me personally feel that a lot of cars have changed a lot in driving since a year or so ago. Its also possible that my driving is to bad to take advantage of the new tyre models (?) and that it was 'easier' to do it previously. I just feel that the cars behave totally different. Oh well. I leave the thread and wait for to the physics gurus here on the forum since i cant backup with numbers how im feeling. :)

Paul Haworth likes this.
  8. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

Much of that is a good sign. Many of the cars drove with "perfect" conditions before, and conditions that never changed much. With the more mature tire model you have to actively PUT the car in those conditions by nursing tires, setting up to get into the proper temperature range, not sliding too much and so on. All those things that us simmers never had to worry about before we are now "forced" to consider. I'm having a lot of fun when I notice my tires overheating from overdrivign the car like a lunatic, and then working on unlearning that to drive more like the real car. The GT86 is a real handful on badly driven tires, even very forgiving ones like the eco tires it came with.

9. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I felt at least with this update that its easier to push the cars, but yeah. One of that things might have to do with the tyres heating up as they are supposed to do. Was also easier to get the car into drift and keep it before but now it feels harder and being between control and a crash is a much easier line to cross, so thats a good sign i think?

10. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

I like the direction AC goes! :)

The Devs get always new data from some manufacturer and change their game correspondingly. Look at rfactor 2, iracing, or GSC. They evolve too and sometimes big adjustments are made. So AC is no different here.
    Also Kunos didnt tune so much, that we can say: "oh totally different". In my view it were always little steps, which gave you in some situations a new feeling. But it was still this typical driving feeling, just now more redefined.

The only thing that was confusing: i think between 1.2 and 1.4 all cars slowed down mainly on the straight, but this is now fixed.

11. The cars seem much more lively now, which is great. I complained when AC was first released that there was way too much understeer for it to be realistic so I'm glad they've made the changes they have.

xedrox likes this.
  12. With the last update I got the same feeling. Less details on wheel and flat surface sensation. I thought the same thing about console release.. Atm I don't like Ac as before.

13. FALK

FALK Gamer

@Michele Papis Mhhh, I feel with you.
    But I have to state. The response like the one from @Atle Dreier is what I was waiting for.
    It would be simple when Ac would challenge me more, but at the moment, it feels to easy to push a car. What should I believe...

14. Horus

Horus Alien

Very much undesided right now, the curbs are slightly confusing but the overall FFB seems good. I have adjusted the FF_SKIP_STEPS=0 (Only found out about this last week or two), Gyro and softlock. So I have to say I like that rubber roll you can feel from some cars and how the tyres heat up, mostly all of the changes but as with most AC updates there are many good points and some rather less so.

15. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Try with different surface grip, as will also change the feeling from the tyres, and also dependent if car tyres are low temp or if they reached their optimum zone.

But the thing you need to look for, given that you have a G27 wheel, is to recalibrate the non-linearity of your wheel's forces compared to the game ffb torque. I used on my G27 and bye bye deadzone, with benefit of linear forces between game and wheel. Do the wheelcheck test with 100% overall forces, 0 spring and damper. Then in game 100% and per car ffb as well, but here you can lower or raise later, won't interfere with the forces linearity.

Long story short, use this app to get the most out of your G27: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/lut-generator-for-ac.31699/

16. [​IMG]

Sometimes I wonder why I even bother... really.

seco46, Mael 2, ravenarsenal and 20 others like this.
  17. pmc

pmc Hardcore Simmer

that's the thing with an ever evolving tyre model, just as you get too like a version and they go change it and then you feel disappointed, was the same with iracing for me, ended up not liking it and not liking the feel of the cars now, the ferrari 312t seems like a million miles away from how it feels too drive compared too last build, even putting track condition too dusty still feels too grippy.

18. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

You know the Wizard's First Rule?

LeiF likes this.
  19. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

So I spent maybe 8 hours driving road cars on semislicks, the BMW M3 Group A on its vintage soft slicks and the GT2s on modern supersoft and soft slicks. To me the driving doesn't feel easier than before, just more logical and refined. The lap times are obviously quicker (as per so many requests with the previous versions) and I suspect this fools some people...within 10 laps at Zandvoort I improved my RSR record 4 or 5 times. But it's just that "the edge" is now somewhere else and once I get there it’s just as hard or easy as it was before to keep posting consistent fast laps. Yesterday at ALOOG 1 I had some fast guy ahead and just like with the previous versions I had to push, push, push and concentrate hard to get my lines right, position my car properly on the entry, get on throttle in the right moment with the right amount of steering etc.

The handling and feedback is more detailed now and I can feel even better where I gained or lost my tenths of a second – it’s amazing and I love it.

Also impressive is how well the heating works now – the Corvette Stingray would overheat the fronts quickly so I need to use the rear to turn…try to provoke a tiny tailslide on entry and a powerslide on exit to reduce stress on the fronts. Completely different with the Exige S in the same conditions – light car with little weight up front so the tyres wouldn’t pick up heat. I need to deal with this by deliberately coming in too hot and scrub some degrees into the fronts. I find this challenging and amazingly well done.

20. nanucq

nanucq Racer

To make AC better than ever....and 1.5 is brilliant, V7 tyres are closer to reality, no doubt. Keep going, stick to the maths ;)

21. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Empty Box just released his 1.5 review, and I think he again makes quite some valid remarks. His summary is imo fair, balanced, and valid. And all in all he is quite positive about 1.5 - also about the tyres.

Video-Link

^ On tyres: from 4:35 on, followed by aerodynamic changes explained, and commenting the AI after that.

I have not driven too many different cars in AC since the update, but I noted the changes especially to the GT3 cars I tried so far, they are more agile, vivid when leaving a certain safety zone, I need to be more "aware" of what I'm doing with the car before turning when using brakes or accelerating or being too fast - I like the changes. Maybe I will learn to hate them in some cars I have not tested so far, but so far, until here, I like them.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
    Alexims likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.