1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Let's play Game Designer

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by stefanoCasillo, Apr 2, 2016.

?

If YOU were the AC Lead Designer, what would be your #1 priority for next update?

Poll closed Apr 9, 2016.
  1. Brake temp simulation

846 vote(s)
    17.7%
  2. VR support

1,195 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Steer ratio/brake pressure setup adjustments

236 vote(s)
    4.9%
  4. False starts/Engine stall

932 vote(s)
    19.5%
  5. Custom championships

368 vote(s)
    7.7%
  6. Possibility to change skin in "Pickup Mode"

124 vote(s)
    2.6%
  7. Sparks/Flashing lights

205 vote(s)
    4.3%
  8. Improved water/radiators interaction and simulation

221 vote(s)
    4.6%
  9. Time based races

217 vote(s)
    4.5%
  10. Pit stop strategy

457 vote(s)
    9.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neel

neel Racer

Too late for editing, haven't seen the AI/netcode exclusion prior writing my 1st post.

2. Tberg

Tberg Alien

:rolleyes:

Again, not my point, guess it is me then. My point was, that those 828 VR voters are the ones that actually has DK2/ordered CV1 already, a fairly small group but surely eager to vote VR before anything else. I could be wrong of cause. So, if KS didn´t want that result, as they have already made a statement on VR, it shouldn´t have been in the poll. I bet the results won't speed up the process of getting VR sooner.

Cheers mate

3. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

I have to admit that for a little while I was actually secretly snickering at the VR fanboys who have been crying over the lack of 100% flawless VR support in Assetto Corsa. So many of them can just get so childish and rude about the subject. Now, I feel like my feelings have flip-flopped. I think I'm getting satisfaction watching people whine and complain about adding VR support instead of their preferred feature of choice. Sick behavior on my part, I know...I'm not proud of myself. At the time of this post of mine, it looks like we're somewhere just under 2,000 total votes cast. How many copies of Assetto Corsa have been sold? How many actively play each month? Plus, this poll was just Kunos's way of gauging interest in certain features. It was specifically stated in the OP by Stefano that the outcome of this poll wasn't deciding anything that actually happens in-house. It's baffling how many people don't seem to understand this.

As I have said in previous posts, I have no desire to purchase a VR headset. Maybe my thoughts will change some day, but it won't be in 2016 and I feel fairly confident it wouldn't be in 2017 either. The fact of the matter is VR is an emerging technology that is coming to the masses whether you or I like it or not. Comparing VR support to adding sparks or flashing lights is insane. They are two completely different animals. At the end of the day, Kunos is going to be implementing VR support no matter what any of us votes on in this poll. When they decide to implement that support has no bearing on what any of us votes in this poll. They are going to do what is best for the company and sim and I have all the faith in the world that the rest of Assetto Corsa isn't going to suffer when they do add VR support. Remember all the people who thought Console Assetto Corsa was going to stifle development on PC Assetto Corsa? Welcome to the v1.5 update!

ZethGAF, nargorn, pika4u and 2 others like this.
  4. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Here is some stats for AC: http://steamspy.com/app/244210
    I dont know if its 100% reliable numbers though.

ALB123 likes this.
  5. ears

ears Hardcore Simmer

OK - but you have to apply those logic to the other votes too. Only 828 people want VR because they are the only 828 people who want VR. Only 458 people voted for false starts because they are the only 458 people who want false starts and so on. There are missing voters on all sides - people who play AC, don't visit the forum but every time they start a race think 'I wish I could put it in gear and hold in the clutch'. But there are also people who don't play AC, who don't visit the forum who would buy it if it had a complete VR experience.

I genuinely think that the anti VR mafia are actually louder than the VR mafia, and the VR mafia are made to justify their request more than any others. I personally wouldn't care for custom championships but I'm not posting saying 'only a few people would benefit from that so it shouldn't get implemented'. The VR mafia are generally making positive contributions, the negative ones are coming from elsewhere.

This isn't a vote on next feature. It's just a canvas of opinion by the developer to help inform the decision making process. The VR option doesn't say '100% integrated VR experience' and I'm sure that would be a massive project.

I personally would be more than happy with equivalent VR implementation for 1.3, maybe with a vague intention to develop it further in time. Hey maybe the whole VR project could be split into small components, one of each is looked at in between addressing other features in this list.

At no point is the VR mafia saying 'we want VR at the expense of everything else' but a lot of people seem to be saying 'we want everything else at the expense of VR' and that makes me sad.

I'm going to try and bow out of this thread now. When I first saw it, and saw the options, I honestly thought VR would come bottom, lingering down in the 3% margin. I'm very happy that there is a real VR following for Assetto Corsa, that lots of people are enjoying the experience. I hope that this informs the developers' decision making process but respect whatever conclusion they reach.

VRMilk, Pirhana-A, SimDrive and 4 others like this.
  6. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

This turned into something that kinda divided the users...

7. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

Seriously. Either the guys in the office are getting a laugh at us making fools of ourselves, or they're wishing that they made the Poll and disabled comments. I'm wishing that's what would have happened. I mean we couldn't even make it past one page of comments without one member KIA'd. :eek: :p

8. Tberg

Tberg Alien

I hear you. Last try for me: putting a peripheral feature in that poll with sim/game features was asking for a biased result, imo.
    It´s like asking a simracer with a wheel, if he/she wants 8-9 ingame extra features or be able to actually use that wheel with the game.

ALB123 likes this.
  9. ears

ears Hardcore Simmer

But doesn't false starts appeal to people with a shifter, or at least a clutch?

10. Tberg

Tberg Alien

No not particularly, why would you think that? Engine stall, yes. In gear before start, yes.

kazereal likes this.
  11. ears

ears Hardcore Simmer

Ah yes - sorry - just a turn of phrase as they're both grouped together.

Must. Stop. Now.

12. Tberg

Tberg Alien

:p

good idea, time out

ears likes this.
  13. Lukimator

Lukimator Gamer

That example doesn't make any sense whatsoever

14. neel

neel Racer

You imply the initial statement can only be false, I can't agree with that.

1°) A clean driver vs a faster but messier one can happen if the tires wear is made forgiving (=unrealistic). I say messier but he can (also) be voluntarily abusing the wear forgivness by abusing about hairpin slides (one if not "the" easiest path for big laptime gains) , something that would normally kill the tires too fast to be a viable strategy (if the wear was simulated realistically). Not only forgiving tires wear will allow that but can also add to it, as a side effect, the advantage of being able to keep the tires temp closer to optimal temp (if temp also rise more slowly than it should).

So that's double advantage, for a driving style I truly consider demanding less skill (aligning clean laps just below the limit VS being more beefy and messy and saving the car every now and then when you've gone past the limit. It's easier to be on average closer to the limit if you don't care going past it, which even gives you the further advantage of being in a better t° window if the t° increase is forgiving too).

Of course you are not assured the messy driver will not be able to adopt a clean style and STILL be faster. But at least then you would have to admit he's faster in realistic conditions (tyres wear and t°).

2°) Another exemple with overtaking. As long as penalty is very forgiving (if not non-existing) and/or the physics is such that the guy in front in a collision will have most chance to spin, how could you not agree the gentle driver will have a disadvantage, despite the fact being able to overtake without touching the other guy is a clear evidence of a higher skill.

Someone who just jump at the 1st overtaking occasion without thinking a single second about whether he may hit or not his opponent (or not allow him to not go out of track, or anything else beyond rules) will have the advantage to "think" a lot less his overtaking moves (= less time lost before trying + more tries if you miss), if he hits his opponent this driver will also have much less chance to overtake back or even stay close (so less treat for the next corners compared to if he had to worry about defending), and you can even add to that several psychologic advantages (being known as a rought overtaker the other guy is less prone to defend the best he could because of the risk of ruining his own race due to a collision, and the same will apply to slowler drivers this tought driver would have had to overtake to catch you back and which could have simply opened the door whereas you, the gentleman driver, would have had to lose time to overtake those same guys).

Again, that's doesn't mean this guy couldn't adapt and still be faster even by being as gentleman driver as you, but again at least you then know the guy is really more skilled than you and not just by a behaviour you'd refuse to employ for yourself.

That makes all the difference... As until it happens you have no proof the other guy would still be able to stay as fast when driving with the same restriction you impose to yourself. And if it was to happen then you have a real motivation to improve yourself.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
  15. AdamS4

AdamS4 Gamer

Am i reading that correctly ? "not GUARANTEED" as in the winning selection will NOT appear in any future versions of AC ?

16. Robyn

Robyn Gamer

No it just means in software development there are never any guarantees. Ie just because people want something doesn't mean it can be done to their expectations. Usually it's best not to make promises especially at an early stage before most of the features have been implemented.

17. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

No, you dont reading that correctly. He means that he dont promise that whatever wins will be in AC.

18. achristoffer

achristoffer Racer

I think that "Ears" nailed the whole thing. He asked how many new users VR would bring vs. the other options. And I think we can all agree that sparks or brake fade would be awesome to have, but it will not necessarily attract a new user base.

VR undoubtedly will. That is what I meant with benefits for us all in the long run.

In any case, all of you will belong to the VR crowd sooner or later. WE WILL ASSIMILATE YOU :) No seriously, it is amazing in simracing, parallel to the steering wheel in terms of how much immersion it adds. Maybe even more. As soon as the prices drop and the content grows it will get more widespread.

19. nope... english is not my first language but I am prepared to bet 1 dollah that to say that you have to write it like this:

"The "winner" feature implementation is GUARANTEED not to appear in any of the future versions of AC"

the position of the "not" changes the entire meaning.

Language lesson apart.. I must be some sort of wako to start a poll where the winner is guaranteed not to win :-S ... and the fact that you thought I was annoys me greatly.

20. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I think you can keep your dollah since he is the only one i have seen that read it wrong.

Glaurung likes this.