1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Let's play Game Designer

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by stefanoCasillo, Apr 2, 2016.

?

If YOU were the AC Lead Designer, what would be your #1 priority for next update?

Poll closed Apr 9, 2016.
  1. Brake temp simulation

846 vote(s)
    17.7%
  2. VR support

1,195 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Steer ratio/brake pressure setup adjustments

236 vote(s)
    4.9%
  4. False starts/Engine stall

932 vote(s)
    19.5%
  5. Custom championships

368 vote(s)
    7.7%
  6. Possibility to change skin in "Pickup Mode"

124 vote(s)
    2.6%
  7. Sparks/Flashing lights

205 vote(s)
    4.3%
  8. Improved water/radiators interaction and simulation

221 vote(s)
    4.6%
  9. Time based races

217 vote(s)
    4.5%
  10. Pit stop strategy

457 vote(s)
    9.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lukimator

Lukimator Gamer

That's probably about right

Yes but, if his enjoyment would be measured at 100 units at the moment, using VR would raise it to over 300 at least. The only problem is if after trying it you can't afford it, otherwise trying is good

2. sarabwt

sarabwt Simracer

done :D

kofotsjanne likes this.
  3. Rudski

Rudski Alien

I already reported you. :)

4. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Okay, im gonna try to explain this.
    When you guys talk about people that "havent seen how good VR is" its like you talk above other users head, those who voted for something else than VR. Like when you talked about Christopher, it was obviously that you talked about him in a way that made it sound at least to me it was "he doesnt even know what he is missing huhuhuhu". I have never seen a user here with a direct drive wheel and motion rig with 360 degrees of 80'' monitors talk about people like that, not with that kind of "attitude" if im allowed to call text that.. I understand this all "VR-MAFIA" now.

And to be clear, I think vr will be great and bring simulations to a whole new level. Of course a expensive wheel will give you more feedback, of course a motionrig will give you more feedback and of course VR will give you more immersion. My last post in this thread.

*christopher was just an example, but that is how you have been talking about others the entire time.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  5. GamerMuscle

GamerMuscle Hardcore Simmer

Hang on am I meant to be eating dogs now ?

6. Robyn

Robyn Gamer

Stick around there's another poll coming to help you decide.

7. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

Please, back in topic.

8. Arbuzzz

Arbuzzz Hardcore Simmer

What is this vote about? About what will be added in next update? or on what Stefano will be working this year? :)

As league admin I know that all people in my league complain that we are using lots of apps... I mean its ok if they specially for league. But we are using apps to cover game devs :) We are using: standing start false start penalty (for F1 champ) and rolling start false start penalty (for GT3 champ). We also have speeding at pit lane entrance (if speed is over 80) penalty. We are using pitconfig app for for preset pit stop strategy. We have our own Safety Car with driver :D

I know you dont make any money on us - leagues... compare to TRUE HARDCORE OFFLINE VR users... but still thanks for adding new multiplayer features... slow, but still adding :)

VR gonna take all your time... I bet it is all fake votes, because who would like to have it right now in the game? There is lots of thing missing... (I talk about driving features - like brake temp) 10 guys who spent 1000$ now cant use it... its their problem :) they just registered 100 fb or steam accounts... or may be all votes coming from VR devs? to sell their product? Should I register 100 fb accounts and all vote for brake temp simulation, races by time, false starts.

Its why I think VR shoulnt be in this list at all... WHY its there? Its nothing to do to actual game... Real votes are beside VR votes... I dont believe Kunos makes money because it supports VR. But it will make more money if AC will have all those features what are beside VR in your list.

I hope all those features will be added some time soon anyways and all this is just about next update...

You dont have to hire 100 new people to work with physics... its your baby of course. But may be hire 1-2 guys who can work just on game features... like pit stop strategy or races by time and etc... pay him by the job :)

9. spadulator

spadulator Rookie

VR please!

ZethGAF likes this.
  10. Rolz

Rolz Alien

I voted false starts/engine stall as there are more here that don't have VR...
    I sold my DK2 due to lack of support in AC - 3 screens still rocks for now.

I would have loved to have voted for *server track rotation* if that was an option :D

11. ZethGAF

ZethGAF Simracer

VR is the biggest game-changer for sim racing since I first tried an ffb wheel

spadulator likes this.
  12. Tberg

Tberg Alien

It's not in Zwahili is it?

Note to self: keep opinion on polls to meself and move on.

ears likes this.
  13. nivadepi

nivadepi Racer

Just out of curiosity, I'd like to know, off all those people opposing VR how many run triples.
    A few years ago, even that was unthinkable, and yet here we are. And still we keep shouting for other games to support triples as 'every sim needs' that and so forth.
    Isn't this thesame?

14. 0verfl0w

0verfl0w Racer

Yes please do so. At least you would be actively supporting your favourite options than just complaining why VR came out on top. And while you are at it you might realize how ridiculously cumbersome creating all these accounts is and you can stop posting that all VR votes were done by this 10 wealthy people with VR headsets...

ears and kalabaleek like this.
  15. Arbuzzz

Arbuzzz Hardcore Simmer

VR is making money on it... I dont make any money being league admin. If I would be selling something... I would make 10000 accounts... and... I would make more money. :) But because I dont make any money and It should be Kunos who decides what should be in the game.

Please dont turn to WMD... where small amount of users were deciding what game feature should be in the game and what not...

16. kalabaleek

kalabaleek Simracer

You don't think the VR votes is real and you don't want features only a small amount of users will use. Yet you want to be catered to as a league organizer. And how many of you are there? If there was such an amazing amount of people that wanted your features prioritized, why don't these people vote?

If any group of people is on the forums, it's the hardcore and enthusiasts, so why can't you just accept the fact a lot of us want to sit inside the cars? The hate vr is getting is plain and simple mindboggling.

Lukimator, Robyn, ears and 5 others like this.
  17. 0verfl0w

0verfl0w Racer

Of course Kunos will decide. They just made a Poll to get a General Feedback of what the active Forum minority wants to prioritize.

And btw: how will I make money when my VR headset is supported?
    Or did you mean that the Oculus and HTC CEOs created all the Fake accounts to vote in this forum? That is an even more interesting Statement...:)

18. kalabaleek

kalabaleek Simracer

Yeah I am also fake. I just bought the game in early access years ago, posted here about 500 times, kept the game running around the clock and waited here with my 800 other verified accounts until the day Lord Kunos would put up a poll about VR.

/s

Lukimator, Gunja, ears and 3 others like this.
  19. sonicshadows

sonicshadows Gamer

I don't think the assumption that vr is only for the wealthy is correct, I certainly don't consider myself to be wealthy.
    The price of the hardware is expensive but high end pc hardware has excellent resale on ebay, I would get more than 60% of what I payed for my titan x back if I sell it within 2 years of buying it, and compared to other things I have to pay for it doesnt seen as bad when I pay more for vehicle registration in a year than a titan x.

Robyn likes this.
  20. [​IMG]