1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Let's play Game Designer

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by stefanoCasillo, Apr 2, 2016.

?

If YOU were the AC Lead Designer, what would be your #1 priority for next update?

Poll closed Apr 9, 2016.
  1. Brake temp simulation

846 vote(s)
    17.7%
  2. VR support

1,195 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Steer ratio/brake pressure setup adjustments

236 vote(s)
    4.9%
  4. False starts/Engine stall

932 vote(s)
    19.5%
  5. Custom championships

368 vote(s)
    7.7%
  6. Possibility to change skin in "Pickup Mode"

124 vote(s)
    2.6%
  7. Sparks/Flashing lights

205 vote(s)
    4.3%
  8. Improved water/radiators interaction and simulation

221 vote(s)
    4.6%
  9. Time based races

217 vote(s)
    4.5%
  10. Pit stop strategy

457 vote(s)
    9.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The thing is, while very few people actually have a direct drive wheel, a 6DOF motion rig, bass transducers and whatnot, practically no one would argue that such a setup would be the ideal way to play the game, and if they would (hurr durr my G27 and single monitor is perfect, who needs DD) they would probably get flamed much harder. Not even by people with said hardware, but because everyone else knows its benefits too.

The problem with VR, unlike all the other mentioned hardware upgrades, is indeed that most people just don't know what they're missing, and many believe its a gimmick which is a side-grade to triple monitors at best until they tried it. You can't blame them, and you shouldn't flame them, but that's a fact.

Dean Ogurek, Robyn and ANiMESoKAR like this.
  2. what about 'upgrade' options, rather than having to produce a complete new car just to have a different set of wheels

3. kingkoolkris

kingkoolkris Gamer

Engine stalling including everything related please :)

4. bejvalo

bejvalo Gamer

only one choice? this (half)sim need all of this :D

5. Esuba

Esuba Rookie

I would prefer Night and Rain over everything on this list, but if that's not an option, Brake temp simulation or custom championships would be amazing :cool:

6. and lets not forget about..............catering for some 'proper' drag racing, with an accurately timed 'christmas tree', capability to do burnouts (with tyre growth) before staging, accurate timing system to 4 decimal points, opening parachutes, braking effect from chutes on the car, that should do it for a while...................have i annoyed anyone yet.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  7. Sedat Balcı

Sedat Balcı Rookie

false start, so it can get in the plan, great!

8. xvg

xvg Gamer

My post of all my opinion is #857 . Please read it before quoting me. Who said sparks is only for night races? No, we don't have night because there's no way to light up the track!!
    Why you say sorry ? You have the option to choose what you think is properly for the 1.6 update like everybody, just we have diferent opinions, that's all.
    Cheers

9. Mr CioL

Mr CioL Rookie

One thing for me, another cockpit view like Project Cars. It's like an helmet view, the sound, the FOV is more realistic and the head rotates depending the turn.

10. Nick Jensen

Nick Jensen Rookie

Back in the early acces days I bought AC because of VR supprt. Now I havent played AC since the firmware update to 0.8 on the Oculus rift. I'm thrilled to see that there's now massive wish for VR support! (at current 32% of votes, nearly twice as many as number 2). Only strange thing is that we bought a game that promised VR support, and now we have to wish for it.

What can I say Kunos, The masses have spoken!!
    Now bring it on so VR racers can enjoy the game again.

Thiago Medvid likes this.
  11. DaSchnee

DaSchnee Rookie

i voted for steer ratio. Having a different ratio for every car would be fantastic. 900° is just to much for an F1 car but if I set it to ~650° it feels unrealistic when driving street cars. There just isn't a setting that does it all for me.

12. Vinox

Vinox Rookie

Yes yes, everyone wants VR, we know it now. To be fair you shouldn't even have put it in the poll Stefano. If you guys decide to drop VR (maybe just for now), people should live with it or go do something else. I've seen enough nagging allover the ****ing internet about this, and I'm done with it. AC will still be my favorite sim, whether it has VR or not.

As for my vote: it goes to steering angle and brake pressure. These are features that rFactor had and were quite important in the setup of your car. 900° on the wheel and 45° steering ratio vs 450° on the wheel and 22.5° steering ratio really isn't the same, and it should not be too hard to develop.

13. Cranck

Cranck Hardcore Simmer

first work in a simulator caracteristics, race time, pit box strategy, endurance races, penaltys editor, weather, and add to favorite servers, , after, work in supports for different gadgets, how VR, etc

first you have to finish the simulator well, and then add visual enhancements

14. Infectonator

Infectonator Racer

Apart from brake temp (my vote), engine stall and radiator interaction, I dont see the other options as simulation improvement. They will not change the racing and are merely cosmectics.

Plus all cars, auto or manual, dont have a proper interaction when pulling from 1st gear, but that is just a minor thing. Brake temp would change all races and hot laps.

THERE IS HOWEVER something cosmectic that Ive experienced in my racing league and that is absolutely needed:

TRANSMISSION CAMERAS. The streamers cannot show the race properly in this game making the show innacurate and hard to understand for viewers. And that is a feature that other simulators already have.

pika4u and Cranck like this.
  15. Vinox

Vinox Rookie

My point exactly, good one.

Cranck likes this.
  16. BMASTER

BMASTER Hardcore Simmer

24H support with dynamic transitions would be way better in my opinion.
    But to further enhance the simulation part of the car itself is also very important. But I'm missing proper clutch simulation. Is there a mass point (might not be the right word) in the game?

Cranck likes this.
  17. R26D

R26D Rookie

Great, so rich people (and also probably people creating fake accounts because they think their vote should count the most) are winning this survey...

Not possible, the engine doesn't support dynamic lights.

18. Brake temps for me.

I really wonder thought how many that voted for VR, actually own he technology.

19. David125

David125 Rookie

My request :D

#1 VR Support
    #2 Pit Stop Strategy
    #3 Brake Temp Simulation
    #4 Weather (Rain etc..)
    #5 Time Based Races
    #6 False Start
    #7 Night

20. steppi

steppi Rookie

I not voted yet, but there is a point I think which is very important and simple to fix.
    Its about a timing issue.

At normal (real life) races a race finishes after the leader cross the Line by time or laps.
    All cars crossing the line after the finished leaders car are finished too. It doesn't matter wheter they are in the same lap or lapped by the leader once or multiple times.

In AssettoCorsa online races the race ends after the leader crosses the line and the server-off-time is running out.
    This means lapped cars can relap to a better result and two cars Fighting don't know when the server will quit the fight.
    This means an unrealistic advantage for one or the other situated by server-off-time.

I really wish that Version 1.5.X. or latest 1.6 will fix this matter and become a realistic timing!

R26D likes this.