1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Let's play Game Designer

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by stefanoCasillo, Apr 2, 2016.

?

If YOU were the AC Lead Designer, what would be your #1 priority for next update?

Poll closed Apr 9, 2016.
  1. Brake temp simulation

846 vote(s)
    17.7%
  2. VR support

1,195 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Steer ratio/brake pressure setup adjustments

236 vote(s)
    4.9%
  4. False starts/Engine stall

932 vote(s)
    19.5%
  5. Custom championships

368 vote(s)
    7.7%
  6. Possibility to change skin in "Pickup Mode"

124 vote(s)
    2.6%
  7. Sparks/Flashing lights

205 vote(s)
    4.3%
  8. Improved water/radiators interaction and simulation

221 vote(s)
    4.6%
  9. Time based races

217 vote(s)
    4.5%
  10. Pit stop strategy

457 vote(s)
    9.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlandreNien

FlandreNien Hardcore Simmer

you forgot to add the properly controlled clutch timing with tuning options in setup, changeable fuel mixtures with cockpit controls, better flames (so we can shoot flames on throttle), button to open/close doors while on track for funny cars.

if you want to have a drag simulator, find solutions to the problems, rather than complain about features that would be unlikely to be applied outside of drag racing, which is a very small part of the AC communities interests.

2. R26D

R26D Rookie

Some people on reddit agreed on voting all together for VR option i think

3. AcPrO555

AcPrO555 Racer

working indicators, so when ur on a highway with friends you know when ur changining lanes or on nords to let ppl know your letting them pass would be nice

DaSchnee and Infectonator like this.
  4. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I wasnt going to post more but you already have the steering ratios of the actual cars. Just set it to 900 degrees and it changes by car. You can find softlock in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg open assetto_corsa and change
    [SOFT_LOCK]
    ENABLED to 1

Havent u felt that u actually dont have 900 degrees in the steering on all cars?

5. Talking about just 1 of the things suggested above, I choose the Pit Stop strategy, I think it should be mandatory for championships by now.
    But talking about what really needs this game, I think the list is (order of importance):
    1. Driver swap, night and everything to implement the endurance racing;
    2. Pit Stop strategy (this mandatory for point 1.);
    3. Brake and water temps simulation.

6. i cant work you out........on the one hand you add ideas it seems i should have added myself then on the other hand you tell me to stop complaining for asking for features that would only suit a minority community. AND you yourself are making drag cars for AC......
    also, funny cars DONT have doors
    also, "find solutions to the problems" .....the problems will be fixed when they are coded into the game, like timing and staging etc as i mentioned. thats out of my hands

7. to get back to the point at hand......
    If YOU were the AC Lead Designer, what would be your #1 priority for next update?

to be perfectly honest, none of those choices interest me at all, sorry

8. Die Pest

Die Pest Rookie

JUST ONE WISH!? Evebody knows good fairy gives you ->3<- wishes!
    Youre not an Italian Simstudio youre the spanisch inquisition! This torture!
    I can't decide! is it 1, 4 or 10? OR 2d mirrors in 3d vision?
    But thanks for asking anyway.

ps.
    "VR" only if it would include "AR" because vr sucks, because you can't see your buttonboxes etc. etc.

9. dlmuppet

dlmuppet Rookie

You guys have such a hard job choosing your next improvements. I really hoped for rain and night driving! That will be a big step forward but I guess a pretty hard one too.

Also a request for more FWD cars. Would be lots of fun! But still very happy with your work now and the things to come like the Jap Pack

10. Oh. I want them all :) But I guess I want brake temperature simulation the most. That would make racing more interesting (especially online).

11. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

the logic (lack thereof) in this thread is amazing
    translated into english: "first work on things that I want, then work on things that I dont want"

IMO: 572 votes for False starts/Engine stall, thats just ridiculous, its such an insignificant feature that clearly people are creating fake accounts because their vote should count the most.

(see how that "logic" works?)

what???

FWIW the threads on reddit (one on oculus, one on vive) between them have less than 100 upvotes, and clearly the majority of the poll votes that stemmed form them will be from legit owners, (many people from them purchased AC because it originally advertised VR support), so why shouldnt their vote be valid?? the poll question is simple and they picked whats their choice, the lengths people are going to to try and devalue the votes is hilarious/sad/pathetic.

In all seriousness, the number of posts here like yours, and the general anti-VR comments throughout this thread make it seem just as, and if not MORE likely that the VR haters are creating fake accounts to rig the vote... oops now im a hypocrite.

12. our small community is 1000 strong, if 25% of those people bought AC on the strength of it having drag racing, thats $14,700 extra income AC would get. now work that out on a world scale and you are talking some real SERIOUS money, just for having something "which is a very small part of the AC communities interests"

13. i would love to see an improvement on the compatibility with logitech g920. im a simple man

14. Gunja

Gunja Alien

I'm really curious but cant quite figure out what you mean. Is it look back camera from under the gearbox?

15. Oh look, yet another thread turned into a ****ing wishlist.

16. Nico !!

Nico !! Rookie

VR....i play AC with runtime 0.5 ..... 0.5 !!!!!! Pcars run with 1.3....

nargorn and surtic86 like this.
  17. fortunerayzor

fortunerayzor Rookie

The thing I miss the most is probably day/night cycle and functioning headlights. A vital missing part that would enable immersive endurance races right away. Also driver hotswapping and time based races are mandatory for endurance racing.

18. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

False start and stalling isn't insignificant for me personally, as it includes being able to insert gears before starting with GT cars and with thus a fair and realistic start.
    And for me who likes driving cars on the Ring instead of racing only, engine starts will be awesome. Just hope it'd include manual start/shotdown and not the press throttle system of Dirt Rally.

But I still accept that VR is important these days, and hope it brings in as much money as people say it will. Won't be able to afford that any time soon, and don't really want to shut myself out like that, but that's just my personal opinion.