1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Let's play Game Designer

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by stefanoCasillo, Apr 2, 2016.

?

If YOU were the AC Lead Designer, what would be your #1 priority for next update?

Poll closed Apr 9, 2016.
  1. Brake temp simulation

846 vote(s)
    17.7%
  2. VR support

1,195 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Steer ratio/brake pressure setup adjustments

236 vote(s)
    4.9%
  4. False starts/Engine stall

932 vote(s)
    19.5%
  5. Custom championships

368 vote(s)
    7.7%
  6. Possibility to change skin in "Pickup Mode"

124 vote(s)
    2.6%
  7. Sparks/Flashing lights

205 vote(s)
    4.3%
  8. Improved water/radiators interaction and simulation

221 vote(s)
    4.6%
  9. Time based races

217 vote(s)
    4.5%
  10. Pit stop strategy

457 vote(s)
    9.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Zodah

The Zodah Rookie

I voted the custom campaign option, I played a lot of Assetto Corsa round initial release for about a year, then got into project cars. Bear with me here AC Fanboys, it all works out don't worry. But I loved the championships in project cars and the amount of freedom I got from it, the controls felt better, the game more polished. At the time it just seemed nicer, smoother almost. Then I got the ACCG App (career generator, those that don't know about it just google it), it's fantastic and I loved it, so I made a Formula Abarth Career and named my friends, skill levels, got a livery pack and set them teams etc, and It was good fun, plus I could pick the tracks I liked and could race on them not just to win for some fun but to get some championship points. Then I went back to project cars again for a bit, deciding it was just a nicer game.

Now this was in November or December. Regardless, about a month and a bit ago I got back into Assetto Corsa, and found it to be amazing again. The force feedback just felt right, it honestly put project cars to shame, so I did some quick races, which was all fun and well, but then I went back to ACCG and made a V8 supercars career at various modded tracks with a pair of sprints and a main race, and it was simply fantastic. The amount of freedom the career generator gave was really cool, gave me a reason to play the game and made the races matter a bit more. It's a shame the mod was never continued, but regardless if it could be made a stock feature of the game it would win people like myself over. Personally I didn't enjoy the AC Campaign as much as I thought I might, just didn't really feel right, not much freedom (Which I like).

Personally, this is what I really want to see out of the game, but things like VR support and brake fading are also important. However a career generator would be a dream come true for me, and the more in-depth the better. It'd be great to be able to have a qualifying race and a main race, or ways to determine the grid by random or by championship standings or things like that, just to change it up. Either way, seriously enjoying the game now and just cannot stop playing!

pika4u, Robyn and thefrantic like this.
  2. I completely forgot about that one. You are absolutely right. Track rotation would definitely get my vote. Oh, and a "save replay" button :)

Ibai and Nekrobob like this.
  3. Cantago_NL

Cantago_NL Gamer

I agree! I voted "Brake temp simulation" because engine stall wouldn't work without a proper clutch. But now you mention it, I guess that "False starts/Engine stall" can be a better option when done properly.

4. Cantago_NL

Cantago_NL Gamer

To answer the question above, my answer would be simple: a dedicated turbo-boost-button on my steering wheel. I love the Lotus 98T and would like to adjust the turbo boost on the fly, but if I have to take my hands off the wheel to look for the 0-9 on my keyboard... Recipe for crashing. It would help a lot if I could dedicate a few buttons on my wheel to this.

5. Gert De Preter

Gert De Preter Simracer

U want fries with that Sir?

6. fortunerayzor

fortunerayzor Rookie

I mean a lot of these wishful posts do have a point because the majority of it exists in simracing for years now. And this thread just shows how hungry people are for the things they already had or can have somewhere else. I bet this puts me on a blacklist just for being honest and straightforward. Oh well.
    For me, the brake temp simulation feels like the best choice to push the simulation aspect further. If I was about to get a VR set, I would choose that of course.

7. Vertaix

Vertaix Rookie

"Let's play Game Designer"
    Okay, lets do that. I like these kind of things.

If YOU were the AC Lead Designer, what would be your #1 priority for next update?
    Voted for the Brake temp simulation. Wich hopefully will lead the way to Brake Wear.

Analytics
    So, i made this call with several things in mind. In the end Assetto Corsa advertises itself as a simulator. For me thats something that still needs to be worked on. Were getting close, but not everything is in yet. (obviously night and rain are out of the question)

Direct competitors(PC):
    1. Iracing
    2. Rfactor 2
    3. Pcars
    4. Raceroom
    Indirect competitors(All platforms):
    1. Need for speed
    2. Grand Tourismo
    3. Forza
    4. The Crew
    5. Driveclub
    Some of these games listed are not ment to be simulators, but are still in the racing genre. So in the end. 14 year old Tommy doesnt know what hes doing and buy the one he think is fanciest. Seeing i'm still "Game Designer" I feel its part of my job to make sure Tommy picks my game, even tho its not really part of my job, i still feel responsible.
    What to do to make Tommy buy my game? Make fancy stuff happen. "Sparks/Flashing lights " Would be at the top of my list. However, as a competative simulator compeating with 3 other big brands, the sparks woudnt add any probber ingame value to the smaller market. The people that are a bit more clever with their money and want to race in something more advanced than Need for Speed. What would they value most in their game? Good driving physics, and
    customizability of their game. And then theres the hardcore simrace crowd, the hardest crowd to please, seeing how they want everything.

For me, both as consumer and "fake game des" AC is in the range of being a hardcore sim. Most of the car physics are there, the tracks and cars themself are photo/laserscanned realistic. This is a good selling point, and does have some leverage over some other titles. however, someone with intrest in endurance racing might pick Rf2 over AC. Theres a few reasons why, and lets try to get a small list happen.

1: Driver swaps. Endurance racing is all about the 6 hours or more, driving that solo in realtime with other people is near impossible. Yes theres the execption, but your average consumer isnt going to do a 6h stint alone.
    2: Real time weather. This one explains itself, knowing that AC doesnt support rain is a bit of a shame, however if it would be possible to change track grip in a race we could get a small workaround? (make it foggy + lose 2% grip)
    3: Bigger grids. CPZ in AC only supports 18 garages. The official 24H-series is comming to CPZ with 66 cars(see below). RF2 is tottaly customizable in this regard, and could theoreticcaly support 66 cars on CPZ.
    4: E-sports. To get a slot in a AC server, you have to drive a car. This on some tracks can be problematic (think CPZ with only 18 garages.) Add a spectator mode?
    5: Player ranking/saftey rating. Noone likes rammers, this one is pretty clear. And yes i'm aware this is already a mod

3: http://www.24hseries.com/12h-zandvoort/entry-list

These 4 things could bring AC to a next level within the hardcore community.

Another thing that is really bothering me personally is the fact that AC doesnt have either Crossfire or SLI support. IF you are going to start to re-wrtie the enginecode(for VR), please try to make xfire/SLI happen. As someone with tripple screens and a dual GPU setup, it hurts knowing i cant use both of them. Give me the frames!

VR.
    Oh boi, the hype is real.
    Unfortunally i cannot use VR due to a prism defect in my eyes. I would need glasses between my eyes and the VR headset. Yes i tried VR(DK2 and google cardboard), never again. got a headace within 5 seconds.
    Yes i can also see the potential it has in gaming. But not only doesnt everyone have a headset, theres an ever smaller portion wich cant use VR for medical reasoning. Ill leave it at that.

As a final note, please don't see this as a wishlist, but just something to think about. I would love to be able to make serieus endurance happen in AC. But until that.. RF2 is the way to go.

Andrew Summer likes this.
  8. djp4nd4

djp4nd4 Rookie

influence of Brake temps, Influence of water temp

9. JamesYZN

JamesYZN Racer

A better question is, how did all of this stuff get left out to begin with?

Anthony Birch likes this.
  10. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Pretty easy. Just map the keys from your wheel's profiler ( I have mapped 8 for 80% and 0 for 100%).

11. to be fair I have to let you go for 3 days too.

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  12. Towers

Towers Rookie

I voted for "Time based races"... but guys... are you joking? The VR support should be the latest point in the priority list in AC or a parallel project... at least could come later than proper pitting manouvre with manual speed limiter and drive through penalty instead of "slow down to 35km/h" penalty, or set the ability to assign an array of drivers to a single car in the entry list to bring a very basic support to driver change (and should be simple to implement)... btw to me that says it all...

13. esp666

esp666 Rookie

Open road racing !

14. Since some users seem to be unable to use their brain and want to turn everything into a wish list.. the thread/poll is closed for some hours.

Seriously ppl.. find help.

15. Thread and poll is now open again.

Start with wishlists and I will close it again.

cstibikeee, tkaczorek69 and LeDude83 like this.
  16. sotti

sotti Gamer

I already have 2 out of 3, when VR support ships I assume it'll be 4, and I'll gladly purchase the other 2 because I'll be back in racing all the time.

17. Apinkeye

Apinkeye Rookie

I chose brake tempt simulation.

OPINION: I don't think that VR should be Kunos top priority. I buy into the experience it would add to the game, but don't buy into the hype. I feel like other additions should be added that affect the game more overall instead of VR support (Don't flame me).

Rolla likes this.
  18. topaloglu321

topaloglu321 Racer

Thank you Kunos for this nice opportunity has given to players.
    I've voted for steering ratio and brake pressure adjustments.

But I really look for more realistic damages on the cars, like broken and flying tyres, partly broken wings , flatspotted tires (visually) and much more.
    I feel the cars too rigid and stiff right now :) Please consider about these, also.

Kind Regards

19. Nikos4Life

Nikos4Life Gamer

VR Support please :)

surtic86 likes this.
  20. sarabwt

sarabwt Simracer

What about "Start with wishlists and I will close it again" did you not understand?