1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Let's play Game Designer

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by stefanoCasillo, Apr 2, 2016.

?

If YOU were the AC Lead Designer, what would be your #1 priority for next update?

Poll closed Apr 9, 2016.
  1. Brake temp simulation

846 vote(s)
    17.7%
  2. VR support

1,195 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Steer ratio/brake pressure setup adjustments

236 vote(s)
    4.9%
  4. False starts/Engine stall

932 vote(s)
    19.5%
  5. Custom championships

368 vote(s)
    7.7%
  6. Possibility to change skin in "Pickup Mode"

124 vote(s)
    2.6%
  7. Sparks/Flashing lights

205 vote(s)
    4.3%
  8. Improved water/radiators interaction and simulation

221 vote(s)
    4.6%
  9. Time based races

217 vote(s)
    4.5%
  10. Pit stop strategy

457 vote(s)
    9.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Don't think that was one of the options.

2. Radiantm3

Radiantm3 Hardcore Simmer

VR is part of better simulating real world driving too.

Minolin likes this.
  3. M/\DH/\X

M/\DH/\X Simracer

so many votes for VR support what a waste, the devs was working on that already :/

4. Peter Molnar

Peter Molnar Simracer

False starts gets more vote than brake pressure adjustment?? I would love to use my brakepedal as a pedal not like a switc, but recent builds are not allow me to do. In GTR I can use the full distance of the pedal to play with the brakes, while in AC I lock the wheels up, even if I just think about braking. I don't even understandm why needs to make a poll on this. Hey Kunos. Do you remember netKar Pro and its settings options and features? Build a same one and everybody will be delighted!

5. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

I totally agree with you Minolin! I just think that banning is a too hard sanction. You have to bear in mind that not everyone has the time to read all posts (over 1000 in this thread! Only in some of them is written that wishlists are not welcome) and that some people might think that in a poll thread named "Let's play game designer" (If YOU were AC lead designer what would be your priority?) the real AC lead designer would be interested in the opinions (wishes) of the customers and not pissed off. So in this case it might not be disrespect if one is posting his ideas (wishes).

On the other hand I understand that it must be frustrating for Lord Kunos when he has to read that rain and night would be nice features again and again and again... But hey, that's the bad side of the internet we all have to deal with.
    We would need some kind of "Minorating" for forum users to filter out the bad ones automatically. That would help to lower frustration level...:D;)

Minolin likes this.
  6. So they should build the same product that nearly bankrupted them and was a commercial failure? :rolleyes:o_O

7. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Don't worry. I think they are clever guys and can read the poll result which options were the next most wanted.

8. M/\DH/\X

M/\DH/\X Simracer

False starts and engine stall would be a great feature but I think the ability to change brake pressure is a little more crucial at this point. Reasoning is that brake's locking up so easily actually ruines the driving experience in AC for me.

Also would be nice to be able to select gear before green lights.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  9. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Oops, I have already voted for VR BEFORE I read your post, so I couldn't know that you don't want it...:oops:

nargorn and ears1991 like this.
  10. Roman H.

Roman H. Rookie

Two things.. Brake and False start... hope it comes together :D ;-)

Greetings

11. VR winning? My God

There are so many other more important things to do before

12. dj_chap

dj_chap Rookie

Wheater effects like rain and fog would be more beautiful

Iketani likes this.
  13. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

There is already fog that you choose on track setup..

ok this was the last post

14. matz_AUT

matz_AUT Hardcore Simmer

I voted for brake temp simulation, that seems, for me at least, in the spirit of the game. Just imagine the brakes of the Miura after two laps of the Ring

Number 2: False starts/engine stall. Would add tension to multiplayer starts, but as was pointed out already, on single player most people will just restart (me included)

Number 3: VR is quite obviously the way to go in the future, but that also is the catch. I think its too early for a small developer to use resources on it at this point.

Iketani likes this.
  15. fortunerayzor

fortunerayzor Rookie

Brake pressure adjustment is just a "videogame" feature and I'm actually strongly against it. I know it's hard to find the right limit during braking, it's a driver's ability that has a high skill ceiling and rightfully separates bad drivers from the best even more. Even in real life you have to learn what amount of pressure you can apply on the brake pedal at any given speed or situation before you lock up the tires. It's a real driver's finesse.
    If you set up the car so you don't lock up ever, you're not braking enough and you're inherently slower.

Kopiller, Ciborio, Iketani and 2 others like this.
  16. zetto156

zetto156 Rookie

I wish this poll asked us to sort them by order of importance. I think that would give you a better indication of what the most people are looking for.

For example I really wish the game had VR Support for when I eventually someday get a Vive, but as of right now it's not a priority for me so I voted for timed races (would be nice to set up a 2 hour endurance race or something)

Another thing that isn't there that I would have said #1 for; IMPROVED ONLINE LOBBIES. I shouldn't need a masters in computer network administration to set up a multiplayer lobby to run practice laps with a friend. I have spent literally hours trying to get the AC Server to work through my router and have never been able to get it to actually work.

I absolutely love the game though, and I appreciate the continued work on it!

kofotsjanne likes this.
  17. TheStratGuy

TheStratGuy Rookie

Why was Night Racing/Weather not on the list? To me that would be a much better use of R and D. I cant believe its not implemented in the game from the beginning anyway..............

18. Some Guy

Some Guy Racer

IMHO, VR will increase sales of AC about as much as the advent of electric cars has increased the sale of cars in general. And that's not much. More likely is that VR support in AC will increase sales of VR HMDs in much the same way as that mainstream car manufacturers' inclusion of electric cars in their product lines has increased sales of... electric cars. And that's not much either. And, on a side note, it's not that much for exactly the same reason - electrics cars and VR HMDs are too expensive, at the moment, to inspire mainstream consumers to purchase them.

All that being said, by all means add full VR support to AC, but do it because it'll make the people who already have, or are planning to purchase, VR HMDs happy, and/or because it'll make AC a more immersive simulation, and/or any of a host of other reasons, but not under the illusion that it will increase sales. I'm inclined to believe that most of the people that are jumping on the commercial release of VR HMDs are the ones who already jumped on the earlier availability of VR developer kits and therefore likely already own AC based on its existing limited support for VR developer kits, assuming they're in any way interested in sim-racing. Using this thread as a straw poll, and your post that I quoted as one of the votes, it would seem as though very many people, myself and yourself included, are looking at VR as something we'll definitely be using but at least several months in the future.

The argument that "if you build it - they will come" doesn't apply when A) most of them are already here, and B) the ones that aren't already here won't show up for at least another six months whether you build it now or wait. And again, by all means, add VR support because it will give the most bang for the buck in terms of making AC a better, more immersive simulation or because it will make existing customers happy, or any other reason that floats your boat, but really, to expect a statistically significant increase in sales? I don't think so.

Finally, using the argument that increased sales should drive development, logically leads to the conclusion that all current development should be focused on delivering the console ports since they actually should lead to a statistically significant increase in sales.

surtic86 and kofotsjanne like this.
  19. BimboDrift

BimboDrift Rookie

My thought: in a simulator, I would expect to find the simulation of things on which I have the control and i can improve or modify based on my drivign style to improve my performance.

A simulation of water temp or brake temp, if you do not give me any system to modify the response of the car to that, it is little bit useless.

LChaves likes this.
  20. ipod

ipod Rookie

I've gone for stalls/false starts but only because what I really want is to be able to select 1st gear while using the clutch at the start of a race. I can only pick a gear after the red lights go out [unless I'm doing something wrong?]

using a logitech g27 - whether using gear shifter or paddles

LChaves likes this.