1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Let's play Game Designer

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by stefanoCasillo, Apr 2, 2016.

?

If YOU were the AC Lead Designer, what would be your #1 priority for next update?

Poll closed Apr 9, 2016.
  1. Brake temp simulation

846 vote(s)
    17.7%
  2. VR support

1,195 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Steer ratio/brake pressure setup adjustments

236 vote(s)
    4.9%
  4. False starts/Engine stall

932 vote(s)
    19.5%
  5. Custom championships

368 vote(s)
    7.7%
  6. Possibility to change skin in "Pickup Mode"

124 vote(s)
    2.6%
  7. Sparks/Flashing lights

205 vote(s)
    4.3%
  8. Improved water/radiators interaction and simulation

221 vote(s)
    4.6%
  9. Time based races

217 vote(s)
    4.5%
  10. Pit stop strategy

457 vote(s)
    9.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robyn

Robyn Gamer

Lol who needs pitstop strategy when we can have polling strategy. I don't know why I find that idea so funny.

2. Rigel

Rigel Alien

Plot twist: the anti-VR mafia voted for VR in order to never let it being supported.

Nismo, Glaurung, ears and 2 others like this.
  3. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

AC has the best menu. Very straight forward.

The first time I tried AC was a welcomed icy experience from the video games I had tried earlier. After awhile it got boring and I started tuning my system, not the car. I had no idea how sophisticated AC really was.

It has been a long rewarding road. The F40 is one of my favorite cars and and can't quite figure out the dead spot yet.

4. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

We are not opposed to all of this. VR is the best way to drive a car in a simulator hands down. The only concerns I hear about VR have been fixed and we are excited to check it out. Kunos can still continue to do everything on the list.
    What's the problem?

5. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

What people getting upset about is that its Stefano that will need to implement VR and its him that need to implement the other things on that list aswell if im not completely wrong.

6. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

VR makes our research earlier. Assetto Corsa is my favorite software to use. With the help of phonon technology, we hope to manipulate the inner ear to create the allusion of movement and maybe even gravity manipulation effect as well. This is, after all, the 21st century.

So yeah! Full VR support would make it a little easier here.

pika4u and Robyn like this.
  7. I voted for Brake Temps, but TBH, if I was to play dev, I´d put, although not in the list, the new AWD algorithms implementation as development priority #1. :)

8. Things are simple, VR is winner by logic:
    In the question there is "If YOU were the AC Lead Designer" that has to be read like "if you were lord kunos", what should be your priority ?
    Let's analyse:
    Lord kunos is a guitar player, what guitar player wants, he wants several guitars and amps, unfortunately for him he lives near from a guitar shop so the temptation is too high, so what lords kunos needs for buy these guitars, he needs moneys, how to have enough money for buy all the guitars of the shop, by selling more AC copy, how to sell more AC copy, by attract new customers, who are these new customers, they are VR anthousiast that have already pre-ordered their oculus or vive hdm, how to attract them, by including VR support as soon as possible before all these guys buy Pcars because this is the only car game available with VR support.
    Lords Kunos thanks the VRmafia, and he live happy until the end of his days, end of story. ;)

PEACE and DRIVE peoples, after all, AC is just a game :rolleyes:

9. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I suppose that'd be considered core feature, see first post. And they're already working on it, no?

@ledinguelevrai lol

10. Mantii

Mantii Gamer

I am currently watching the NVIDIA conference....a lot of time was spent talking about VR and what NVidia has done so far in the VR space. The amount of money and time spent is immense. If they see the future in VR for not only gaming, but also for other commercial purposes, such as architectural designs and walkthroughs, communications, automotive designs, etc., we cannot dismiss this emerging technology.
    I think it would be vise to invest manpower to become experienced and lead in this new space, rather than be left behind and try to play catch up down the road. Technology is taking less and less time to evolve and become better.
    I understand the team is small, but I think it would be prudent to start focusing on VR and the possibilities it brings now and in the future.
    They used the HTC Vive for the presentations which is nice to see since I also have one on order, in addition to the DK2 I have now.
    For those who have not experienced it, its a different world, a game changer, literally.

11. AdamS4

AdamS4 Gamer

You're clearly reading too much into my question. I meant no disrespect in anyway, i was purely looking for clarification as i thought you might have been having a laugh with us. Kind of like when you flip a coin and i say "heads i win, tails you loose"

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
  12. "Simulation" is an interesting term. In the case of Assetto Corsa, I see it as "the recreation of a virtual car's physical interaction with the track and surrounding environment". The same is true of a flight simulator. This is basically "the interaction of a virtual aircraft with a simulated atmospheric environment". Others take this further, and see a true simulation as including the controller, the field of view, and the seat in which they sit. As an example, if a real world car has what is referred to as a "dogleg" gearbox, then some sim drivers want the virtual gearbox to accurately simulate this. There are others who remove the virtual driver arms and steering wheel, because they want to put their own wheel in such a position (ie. very close to the screen) that it looks like it is part of the virtual car, and at the correct scale. They see themselves as the virtual driver, and VR is obviously an additional step towards reaching that ultimate goal. There is nothing wrong with this. It is a perfectly understandable desire. However, I don't see myself as the virtual driver. I see myself as controlling the virtual driver. To that end, I want to see the driver arms and virtual steering wheel. Removing these gives me the impression that the car is driving itself. It simply does not look right. Similarly, I couldn't care less if a real world car has a different style manual gearbox to other cars. I want to drive all manual cars in AC (or any other racing game) like I drive my real world car, and that means standard manual shifter gear positions. All I am bothered about is that the virtual car that I am driving reacts to my steering and throttle input in a realistic manner (ie. it obeys the laws of physics). That is what simulation means to me.

kazereal and kofotsjanne like this.
  13. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

But you do know that we don't have "night" or multiple light sources in AC? So how "necessary" can sparks be for night racing?
    I love simulations, I love AC, I would even love sparks. But if I can choose between simulating how it feels to sit in a VR-cockpit and simulating sparks I choose the first option. Sorry...

ears1991 and ANiMESoKAR like this.
  14. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

And that is one of the beauties of VR.
    when you are sat in your virtual cockpit you can look down and see your (virtual) arms and torso EXACTLY where they are in relation to your OWN arms and body, the steering wheel and your hands are also where they should be, your OWN head is sat in the shoulders of your virtual driver.
    For intents and purposes YOU ARE THE DRIVER of that virtual car.

ears1991, Dean Ogurek and ANiMESoKAR like this.
  15. ANiMESoKAR

ANiMESoKAR Racer

Exactly what I thought when I read Christopher's post. He obviously has never used VR. When he does though he'll be in for quite the treat! I'll never forget the first time I looked behind and saw the Ferrari engine sitting in the back of my 458 :D

Most of the people who are against VR haven't tried it. If we could give them all a test of the technology then the vote for VR would be closer to 90%.

ears1991 likes this.
  16. Koen

Koen Racer

VR support is the only feature on that list that will increase AC sales, and VR hype is peaking at the moment. So while I probably won't get the VR headset for another 4-6 months, from developer's standpoint the answer seems simple and it's already a loss that AC doesn't support VR right now.

ZethGAF likes this.
  17. You are still missing the point. I am not "against" VR. I am almost certain that it would be a fantastic experience. However, that still doesn't mean that I "need" it. Just like I didn't "need" alcohol and cigarettes when I was a teenager. The point I am trying to make is that I get a tremendous amount of enjoyment in AC right now with my single 24" widescreen monitor and 50 degree FOV. I am not the kind of person who needs to go looking for more when I am already happy.

ears, kazereal and kofotsjanne like this.
  18. Hope for you that you will not be able to try vr, otherwize you will not be longer happy with your single monitor :p

Thug and ears like this.
  19. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

This have got out of hand. Are you meeting up in your virtual world once every week and speak in tounges?

20. AndrewCoja

AndrewCoja Rookie

This is it right here. What other feature in that list can be used to entice a new buyer? Those are all nice features but those are not game sellers. People will buy something if it supports a device they just bought. It's the same for wheel support. Microsoft is releasing that Forza tech demo on windows. It doesn't have wheel support so it's a nonstarter from the get go. If something supports the peripherals you have, you're more likely to buy it.