1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Mod Downloads to be Closed Indefinitely. (READ LAST REPLY)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by garyjpaterson, Jun 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. .Repa24

.Repa24 Hardcore Simmer

Where will you actually go? As far as I can tell Lucca Ring is not finished yet, will you go to RD or where do you want to show us your work?

2. pika4u

pika4u Hardcore Simmer

They didn't tell us that AC won't be moddable anymore.
    Lancia can blame them if the link is on AC official forum. Can't blame anyone (as long it's a free mod) if the link is on unofficial platform.

The other questions, well… this is their product. We are not supposed to take decisions on damage, license and so on…
    We are just customers, not partners or associates. If things goes bad for some reason, Kunos will be under the gun. Not buyers nor modders or "simple" users.

3. You have my sword.

#illridewithamodder

4. Do you pinkie promise?
    [​IMG]

(lame, I know...but that pic is freakin' too adorable to not use)

Whitestar, Maxidyne, Jack_NL and 2 others like this.
  5. Monsieur_Whippy

Monsieur_Whippy Simracer

And my mouse and keyboard!

6. ir Sindaco

ir Sindaco Alien

Don't have any specific plan for the moment, i'll just wait and see how this evolves.
    ..Actually i am secretly hoping this will finally lead to the Steam workshop and community hub. I think it would be the best option for distributing mods *and* discussing them, but i am no Steam expert (i just double click the AC icon and play) so this might be the worst idea ever as well.

[RRRV] JuggernAlz and .Repa24 like this.
  7. Monsieur_Whippy

Monsieur_Whippy Simracer

Lancia can blame KS because KS support mods openly.

It's only a matter of time.

I just hope at that time common sense prevails.

I'd rather pay for AC 2, and give KS more money to keep AC 'open' and not dependent on more lisence fees/DLC, than have the modding support chopped to keep KS studio going!

8. pika4u

pika4u Hardcore Simmer

9. pika4u

pika4u Hardcore Simmer

No they can't. Because i can have a fictional mod. A prototye. Whatever.
    Responsability is in the individuals.
    The same way Warner Bros can't blame TDK because they sell writable cds and dvds that can be used for piracy.

The worst scenario is a tax on moddable games...

10. sadly no. The original work on that has been done by a dev that is now busy on the console port, and that's the technical side.
    On the legal side, we haven't started looking into it at all. I don't see this happening any time soon to be honest... and, if the regulation states in any way that the dev is responsible for the content in there I just don't see this happening ever.

11. Dutchyfutch

Dutchyfutch Hardcore Simmer

You didn't even spell his name right

12. pika4u

pika4u Hardcore Simmer

Nobody with a working brain can bias you for this.

13. Monsieur_Whippy

Monsieur_Whippy Simracer

I think a few people do actually find what I talk about interesting enough to read, so that note is there so they at least have a clue where I've gone to talk about my WIP content and tutorials etc :)

It's the only other AC forum I even know about except this one :(

I think some people need to take a chill pill. Why does everything have to be so confrontational and be seen as a provocation?

Why can't I just be doing things to be helpful, nice, or because I'm sad to see such great forums change so much?

Dave

Fat-Alfie, nate and Bill Wiskins like this.
  14. ir Sindaco

ir Sindaco Alien

Thanks so much for another bad news :p
    Oh well, as i said and keep repeating to myself, let's just wait and see. For now, i am just missing the usual alert notifier popping up every now and then.

"...and all those watched threads will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die."

Dutchyfutch and nate like this.
  15. Turk

Turk Alien

That's understandable, if a little disappointing. Although, I've only used steam workshop once or twice, so again, not put out at all.

There are certainly games putting up what could be considered illegal content, either they are looking the other way, or are planning on staying so niche and small time that they'll never turn up on anyones radar. Which isn't the Kunos business plan I'm assuming.

I suppose a Ferrari mod in the likes of Arma isn't the same thing as a Ferrari mod in AC either. In ARMA it's something someone might spend an hour messing with, in AC it's like adding a whole new level to the game. Cars and tracks are the bread and butter of the game, which isn't the case in the likes of ARMA.

16. Monsieur_Whippy

Monsieur_Whippy Simracer

A lisence holder can ask for anything they want, and KS can agree to anything they want.

It is thus only a matter of time until KS is asked this prickly question and has to make a decision.

What they make is up to them. I'm just raising the point that it will eventually happen.

This forum change is evidence that there are legal and commercial pressures upon AC, so it's not unreasonable to say they may be under pressure on modding support in the future.

17. TBH I don't know, and I don't want to know either. We are a software studio and we want to make software... I am pretty confident nobody in KS is particularly into being a lawyer.. so if something smells funny, we aren't going to eat it.

mrk1001, Dutchyfutch and Turk like this.
  18. TDS

TDS Alien

Don't forget to call you mom to wipe your *ss... see i forgot the "a" again lol
    Capture.JPG

donShere and Jebus like this.
  19. pika4u

pika4u Hardcore Simmer

No Monsieur_Whippy, my question was really innocent.
    I asked because given that links to mods are not welcome anymore, a link to a mod site is basically the same thing.

But i din't know that site, so thank you for letting me know. Sincerely, i swear.

20. the first point is valid.. the second part..

"I'm just raising the point that it will eventually happen"

Is simply idiotic.. it hasn't happened, and there are no indications that it will happen. It's just in your head mate.. I happen to build great tin foil hats, I can build a custom one for you (let me guess, I'd say XXS should do) for only 199,99 dollah.. it's a steal, pay now and get it "when it's done".. PM me for more details.

grandepunto and liakjim like this.