1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Mod Downloads to be Closed Indefinitely. (READ LAST REPLY)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by garyjpaterson, Jun 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

You trolling ? Dude, either you are stupid, or me. Because I don't see why I should be gone.

2. Turk

Turk Alien

I don't really see how they could have done it different. Although I'm very much a "rip the bandaid off quickly" type of man, get the pain over with. If this was something they had to do as a business decision it would have been pointless warning us. We'd be having this argument either way and they'd still have to close the forum down in the face of protests, which I think would have caused even more butthurt as then people would feel like they're not being listened too.

That's true up to a point, but eventually you may have too many voices trying to be heard. You'll have highly skilled guys asking questions of medium skilled guys, low skilled guys badgering the medium skilled guys for advice on how to use an unrelated program. In reality the requirements of someone starting out modding isn't the same as someone who's been at it for a while. Of course some cross over is vital or the new guys will never learn, but there's a reason the likes of google hire only the best and isolate them from the stupids like me. So they can be more productive.

I'm the wrong idiot to ask. I bought Bobs track builder fully expecting to fire out an Irish road track because it looked easy in the videos online. I couldn't even find the toolbars and had to back away slowly crying in the corner because of my utter failure. :D

RD is where I go looking for mods, I like that it's well laid out, I can see videos, read some reviews (which are unhelpful because they're always positive and encouraging rather than critical). The AC mod section was just confusing to the likes of me, so any similar forum setting isn't going to be idiot proof enough for me.

It's a good idea to stay positive for now. It's an upset but I think it won't matter in the long run. It's an opportunity for the likes of RD to fill the gap.

3. Monsieur_Whippy

Monsieur_Whippy Simracer

Hang on, I thought on post #95, the goal was to have this forum for tutorials and support only, not WIP or 'showcasing'?

So there won't be threads like ir Sindanco with his amazing city track WIP, because it's showcasing and WIP, with very little tutorial element?

If the issue is only links to content, why suddenly close all the mod forums?

ir Sindaco likes this.
  4. kakusso

kakusso Hardcore Simmer

Including gamma-ray bursts.:)
    [​IMG]

Steve Bullitt likes this.
  5. pika4u

pika4u Hardcore Simmer

Because people put links in those forums.

I need help with my track? I'll ask in this forum.
    I want to showcase my wip mod and/or put a DL link? I'll find another place.

This is AC forum. Not modders forum. It's been an exception until now.
    Minecraft comes in my mind as the only game with official forum hosts mods links.
    But hey, mine craft is meant to be that. Build and share. AC is quite different.

Not to mention the legal stuff and so on…

Maybe this is not the case, but Kunos is trying to acquire new licenses.
    If Lancia says "you want my license? Ok, but you can't host an illegal free modded Lancia Delta HF Integrale, or you got to pay me"
    What Kunos should do?

jim jones and sacredaardvark like this.
  6. ga2jo

ga2jo Racer

this is hilarious. :D:D
    Do you even realize how your own sentences work against you?
    "Me don't understand what's going on but Me feel entitled to state what is good or not for everyone else"

you should stop watching Hollywood blockbusters...
    that's not the way things works IRL ;) :p

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
    nate, Boris Lozac and mantasisg 2 like this.
  7. pika4u

pika4u Hardcore Simmer

I'm not a blockbuster fan. Sorry, i'm the opposite actually. You don't know me.
    IRL things doesn't work so good because of real people who thinks that keep crying is better than exploit a new opportunity. ;) :p

[RRRV] JuggernAlz likes this.
  8. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

This has been brought up several times but this argument doesn't make much sense. The issue would be the very similar or even worse there. It's not Valve who'd have to moderate the Steam Workshop section for Assetto, devs are responsible for moderation of the Community Hub.

9. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Hardcore Simmer

Did you people stopped for a second to breathe and not throw your toys into the wall like kids... at first i didn't read the entire goddamn thread, now that i have i feel a bit ashamed to have done it, seriously ....

mrk1001, Glaurung, tabis and 6 others like this.
  10. Turk

Turk Alien

I think you've completely misunderstood what I was saying. I'm just pointing out that the opinion that everyone uses that forum for mods, and if it's gone modding in AC will disappear, just isn't true. I, for example, wouldn't use it because it seemed to technical, so I used RD.

11. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Sorry pika4u, and Turk your avatars are so similar and in general you guys are very similar :D I and I, me and me, for me, it is, I know, you don't know :D Don't get offended, typing it with a friendly smile now lol

12. pika4u

pika4u Hardcore Simmer

I and I? Me and me? Please explain.
    English is not my mother language, so maybe i (sorry) can't write in a way that seems less ego involved (this is understandable?).
    But if people is telling me "YOU are this way", then i answer "no, I am this way".

I'm not trying to sell something here… :eek:

13. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

No I guess english is just a language which makes speaker a bit egocentric, dunno. But behind it your context is lacking empathy towards the modders.

LeSunTzu likes this.
  14. pika4u

pika4u Hardcore Simmer

Are you kidding me? I spent more money in donations than for kunos products (game + DLCs).

Do you see? You are telling me who am i whitout knowing me.
    Sorry mate. You have some problems with ego, imho. :p

Just friendly speaking here, too. Really. :)

The sure thing that i hope everybody will understand is that i love AC and the awesome mods i choose to pay for.

donShere likes this.
  15. esox71

esox71 Alien

He's not right in the head @pika4u don't listen to him.:mad:

mantasisg 2 likes this.
  16. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Somehow I feel like you guys see me as a kind of some enemy.

By the way sorry pockemon, I mixed up you with Turk. Thanks for donations, it makes you as righteous as amount of hours spent in AC.

"Never go down into discussion with an idiot because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with his experience." I don't know whose words these are, but they always seem to be true.

pika4u likes this.
  17. pika4u

pika4u Hardcore Simmer

No mantasig 2, you're not my enemy. Not at all!
    Sadly, all of us have worst problems irl. Isn't it?

Your friendly pokemon
    (the "c" isn't necessary :p )

18. Turk

Turk Alien

I'm not going to invest energy into having enemies on the internet. I'm just giving my opinion, if I sound dismissive it's the internet's fault.

mantasisg 2 and pika4u like this.
  19. Monsieur_Whippy

Monsieur_Whippy Simracer

Erm, the AC forums specifically say 'anything relating to modding' in the sub-forum sections for modding AC.
    I'd think that WIP for mods would be included in that.

Fine if they're now not. But it's a bit of poor PR for KS to just turn them off one day without warning.

As per license/legal stuff, I agree.

So how far do you have to go to see Lancia or probably a really big automotive player saying they don't want to sell KS a license because AC is moddable full stop?

At what point do KS say no to damage because a lisencee wants no damage?

No to racing Ferraris or Lamborghinis in races against each other (thinking NFS4 and cop modes)

No to watered down physics to make their cars drive more easily by console pad players?

At what point do KS say no to stopping AC supporting mods because it'll get them £££ in a fantastic lisence and £££ in DLC?

That's fine from their perspective they can do what they like... but personally I'd be pretty gutted *if* we end up in that situation and KS turn AC into something other than what I bought into early in the early access stage.
    I bought in early to support a great modding sim for the PC. And I keep buying into to support them because of their stance on modding.

My concern is that that is the end result of this licensee pampering and chasing DLC income will eventually be they're going to sacrifice one of the core features for me.

If they're not, tell us KS. Tell us how far you'll defend the modding elements and put us modders minds at ease :D

20. ir Sindaco

ir Sindaco Alien

I feel like a kid who's favorite toy has been taken away for no apparent reason. I know there are good reasons, as i trust Kunos like i trusted ma & pa. No way i am going to comment further, let's just wait and hope: but that 17th new toy better be a great one, or you'll have me crying and venting all around for days :p