1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Porsche Pack 1 Comments....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Christopher Low, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Berry

Berry Alien

Okey, why are they not significantly faster then? :) It's not the straight line speed, drag raced them, the Cayman S is as fast as the M4 up to 200km/h, the Carrera S is faster than the Corvette, so there's certainly something off with the suspension and handling, since the brakes are superb.I'm not blaming Kunos, I'm kind of blaming Porsche for "masking" their numbers in real life, underrating their cars...

2. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

what mod is that "damage app" on the left?

3. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

im having some pretty odd sound issues with the Porsche cars. i just parked the Cayman on Silverstone National and floored the throttle for about 1min. then in replay, moving around the car with free camera i can only hear the engine/exhaust when im within about 2 metres of the car. I recorded all of this to post on here but in the recording it sounds normal...WTF lol

can anyone else confirm this?

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  4. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

They are, Porsche are underrating their cars, even more than BMW.

0-200 in M4 I'm not sure irl a Cayman S can keep up, just like my M2 can't (we're only talking straight line speeds). IRL tractionproblems are a point M4 really has and Cayman doesn't (I think). M2 also has them(from standstill). Better is to see 100-200kmh then you eliminate traction loss.

CarreraS 991 in Ac vs M4? No contest, Carrera S is way faster in any possible way on track. But M4 still has nice balance thanks to FR layout but is a bit of a pig. Just like irl.

Cheers
    Robin

5. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

We live in crazy times. The "Power Saloons", as you call 'em, of today can slaughter the sports cars from a decade ago. And we're not even just talking about BMW, Mercedes and now Porsche with the Panamera. Cars are just so friggin' fast these days. You'd really think that with the times we live in the opposite would be true. But, at the same time the cars are much, much, much safer than they've ever been as well.

Leemstradamus and Seria17hri11er like this.
  6. Haven't tried it but I suppose you might have an audio channel that is not coming through in your setup ? The recording takes all channels and mixes it to stereo probably, that's why you hear it there. Might be your front channel ?

Andy-R likes this.
  7. slopps

slopps Simracer

You're aware I'm using a VIVE and his video is a monitor.........right?

8. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

And next time the new DLC contains all Tesla models, no audio/sound issues at all....

So I'm happy having 'sound issues'...

Cheers
    Robin

9. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

Yes I am. No offence:)...still you're shimmying your steeringwheel on the straights, why is that?

Cheers
    Robin

10. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

that might be it. maybe its using centre (i dont have centre.) if muting centre speaker in my audio software doesnt solve it i guess i will just have to put up with seriously wacky external sounds :(

11. OoALEJOoO

OoALEJOoO Simracer

Haven't had so much fun in a Porsche since GT Legends!

LeDude83 and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  12. liakjim

liakjim Alien

This is actually a 10% increase. :D

13. I guess that explains it. When you move further away from the car the sound comes from in front of you, that is your centre channel.

Andy-R likes this.
  14. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

I did the Panamera Turbo "Unexpect Truths" Special Event on the Nordschleife. Prop for making it much harder than the other Nordschleife special event, sadly I managed to get GOLD on it.

15. Berry

Berry Alien

On Brand's Hatch GP I did a 1.40.6 in the BMW M4, and a 1.39.7 in the Carrera S, yes, it feels faster, it feels much more like a sportscar, but the cornering phase isn't convincing me, the main characteristics of the chassis are there, but the car seems a bit "soft", if you look at YouTube videos, a Carrera S equipped with all the suspension options stays absolutely flat through the corners and transitions, this one moves around a lot, it's very fun, don't get me wrong, I just don't think it perfectly captures what a very modern 911 is like.
    In real-world "track battles" the 991 base Carrera is a good match to the M4, even beating it on certain circuits, the 991.2 Carrera S is a big step-up in performance, that Nordschleife video from sportauto shows a 7.34 lap, that is incredibly close to supercars, while in AC it can only "keep up" with sportsaloons.

Leemstradamus likes this.
  16. flyingpig

flyingpig Hardcore Simmer

Michael Hornbuckle and GRFOCO like this.
  17. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

do you know of any way i can force the centre sounds through front left and right? i pretty much have 4.1 setup. 2 front speakers left and right, 2 rear speakers left and right and a sub rear centre. its annoying there are just fixed options like 2, 4, 5.1 and 7.1. i currently use 5.1 in my Asus software but maybe i should try 4 instead?

18. slopps

slopps Simracer

not sure what you mean. if the wheel is moving it is due to either bumps or under braking. i don't move the steering wheel for no reason..... i have an OSW and the ffb is powerful

19. ouvert

ouvert Alien

I did leap of faith and went for seasson pass .. no time to check it now but it seems to be well recieved and it is not like we have other sim to try Porsche in :) from whay I saw on YT external sounds are very nice, models looks great as always, people are talking about something went better with driving feel (new camber formula?) ... looking forward

20. Drive Report

Panamera/718/991

These are good cars. Nothing in particular stood out about them though. I will have to revisit them later.

Cayman GT4

This thing sounds great and feels great. A blast to drive. Feels like an extension of the body.

917/30

What a peculiarity. Super understeery, but lots of power. I didn't find it very difficult to drive. It was enjoyable. It's not easy to drive, so I liked it. It doesn't want to turn, and you have to make it.

It does want to go fast down the straight, and you can do that without much trouble by applying the throttle smoothly.

935/78 Moby Dick

Badas*. Such a cool car. I love the instrumentation and the cockpit. Love the lights instead of RPM needle. Cockpit feels retro futuristic. Feels awesome. The car looks awesome/crazy. I learned last night that Porsche originally had the doors extended out just like the fenders, but race regulators wouldn't allow it. Image: link

The sound is sublime and I can't get enough of it. That is something that stands out against other cars and makes me want to keep driving it.

It can be quite understeery, and you have to make it turn. I like cars like this (I also like cars that can be oversteery as well). I really enjoy cars that you have to man handle. As Aris noted you have to have some brake to get the car to turn in. The car does not want to rotate under light throttle or coast. You need some brake or a significant amount of throttle. Slight brake coming into the turn, get on the throttle to rotate out.

*Edit. I dropped front bump by 1, and increased rear bump by 1 ( I believe). I liked that a little better.

The brakes are not great, and that is great. You've got to warm them up, and deal with fade. It makes it feel more alive.

Holy shi* batman!
    Warp speed engaged! Telepathy engaged!

This thing feels so much more fun for some reason compared to the P1 and LaF. I think it is much easier to control over the limit compared to the P1 and LaF--but maybe that is V10 tires?

This car is like a cruise missile. The cockpit is very nice (yes except for those identical logos on screen), the sound is great. It feels great. Precision guided munition.

RSR

I have saved the best for last of course. I ran out of time last night, so I will dance with her tonight. :D

Thank you Kunos!

Leemstradamus, schrep and Ace Pumpkin like this.