1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

How to adjust setups for GT3s in v1.9?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Strummer, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Go into the telemetry app and find tire load in kg.

NetracingEurope.org likes this.
  2. NetracingEurope.org I completely understand about sharing as you learn. I have played around with the engineer and have experienced similar issues as you have and I am not sure what or if any corrections can be applied.

Eduardo AuKiss likes this.
  3. I really don't like the way this z4 gt3 feels anymore. It feels like you having to play at 90% compared to the feeling I had before the update. I don't feel like I can attack the corners anymore and that I have to lay back and wait before getting on the accelerator. I love the gt3 class because in my eyes it is a combination of road and race cars and the fun of driving them has been lost too me due to this update. It really isn't fun to be off the old pace 2-4 secs depending on the track. :(

Tobiman likes this.
  4. @mclarenf1papa , thanks - found it. The unsprung mass seems ok with 152kg, so the sprung mass can be determinated. Quite interesting, it seems the tire load there in the telemetry app is the normal mass relative to the tire patch, since the sum of the loads vary from track to track. Spa shows less tire load as Poznan, and the slope in Spa´s pit road is surey bigger than in Poznan. So if think at Mount Panorama for example with its many turns going up or down it may be wise to use not the car mass/ sprung mass which is valid only for the calculations at a slope of zero. But anyway - this is exaggerated, i know. But interesting :)

5. Kade

Kade Hardcore Simmer

You should use static wheel loads to get a guideline value. We could also add wheel load from aero and especially from load transfer and we would get "underdamped" system under load. As far as I know, that's the point in aero cars. For example, F1 cars have superior turn-in, reactivity and massive downforce so their static damping is overdamped (>100%) so the "dynamic" damping under load optimized for mid-corner grip or braking stability.

NetracingEurope.org likes this.
  6. JackCY

JackCY Racer

Yes with aero cars you are likely to go above 100%/1.0 for dampers, hard springs too, reason being aero adds weight and you don't want the car to bounce around at high speed corners or be too soft due to aero weight change.

Seeing the engineer app is even more broken than I knew is really disappointing. Kunos never fixes anything :(

7. JackCY, as said elsewhere: Kunos fixes many things very soon, think at the false infos at the 488GT3 setup screen. I posted the bug in the morning, and at the evening is has been fixed. But dev apps aren´t that important for the masses, only for freaks that are reading this thread for example... :D

8. JackCY

JackCY Racer

The engineer app was broken a year ago, I've started driving again recently and it is still not fixed. They really do not give a duck about the quality of their apps. The map app is broken too.
    They only fix stuff that is not related to car settings, such as wrong info for car description which is simple to do 1min fix in the car text file. But rewriting a python or C++ app? haha never.

The engineer app and telemetry are basic features from my POV for a simulator. And in that regard AC is still miles away from LFS.

Derrellbiffle likes this.
  9. Whilst I agree that i'd love to see more effort toward fixing and generally improving the devs apps, you have to understand - they are DEV apps. Sure they happen to be useful for us; for setups, for modding - but they are not for us, we are not devs!

The devs obviously don't mind the bugs and can live without having them fixed, and therefore won't be spending time fixing them as its not something that's supported for the consumer.

But I repeat; I do hope they change their minds and work towards fixing and improving the dev apps , but I doubt it'll happen.

10. I don't see how anything that is broken is helpful for anyone. If it's broke regarderless of the intended end user it is broke.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
  11. Diablo_rf

Diablo_rf Hardcore Simmer

Guys, yesteday I had a league race on Brands Hatch, and I found a very weird things happening.
    I had my front camber set to 2.7 in settings and 3.2 in car status for both, right and left wheel, after the qualify, before the race I noticed that my cars is showing 3.6 for left wheel and 3.3 for right, while the settings was the same, 2.7 for the camber. I was so damn confused, that I didn't know where the values lie, in the car status or in the setting. I changed the camber to match the Car status info window, but think that the car felt very unstable. This also regards to the rear wheels. o_O
    So the problem is that the camber changed itself for some reason after a drive :confused:
    I can't tell more about this issue right now, I'll come home, do some testing and see what cause this issue.

Has anyone experienced this?

12. The cambers l/r are never the same if set up symmetric, especially in Brands Hatch's pit road. Correct me if i am wrong

mobile greets, Wolfgang

13. Diablo_rf

Diablo_rf Hardcore Simmer

Wolfgang the problem is that before the drive I had the left camber 3.2, and when I came back to pits it was 3.6, its how things should work? I doubt.

14. If you are sure about it, then it is strange. Parameters that changed are only tire pressure and less fuel load.

mobile greets, Wolfgang

15. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

In Q you were in the pits, before the race you were on your grid spot. Car status info depends on the bits of tarmac your wheels are on. If they are angled differently you will get different readings.

Static camber means nothing especially in AC. Do not use the car status info to setup camber.

16. Thanks again. Just for the record: AC calculates the fuel with 0,745 kg/liter. Temperature independent (wich isn´t real, but hey, it´s a game).

17. Well even then, obviously the devs don't use it, and it's not technically supported to enable dev apps, so they have no obligation to fix it.

18. All I am saying if intended or not it would be nice for them to be fixed, I am sure that we can agree on that. Having a working telemetry app should at least, be an option in a modern sim.

Timberwind likes this.
  19. The actual telemetry app works fine, it's just the car engineer app that doesn't afaik.

Timberwind and Derrellbiffle like this.
  20. Where can you get the correct camber values?