1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Minorating.com (drivers thread)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Minolin, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Very good, ty

2. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

3. TDS

TDS Alien

what are you cooking with this info????
    :p:D:cool:

4. Hagen

Hagen Hardcore Simmer

Let's see if we can get a "give one finger, wants a full hand" thing going. :D

1: The Minorating welcome messages, like "Your grade is A or B, you are doing fine" could be extended with:
    "Your grade is A or B, you are doing fine. Type "/mr help" in chat for a list of Minorating commands "

2: add "/mr info" - short explanation to find the MR steam guide, and what to find on mr.com website, name of relevant forum threads.

That's it for todays wishlist;)

Happy easter egg searching!

Sleeper Service likes this.
  5. Minolin

A point-soup :p:D:cool:

TDS and Rolz like this.
  6. Minolin

I just deployed the Plugin version 2.3: http://www.minorating.com/ServerAdmin#Download

It contains the preparations needed for a few things around the detection of:

- cutting
    - pit exit line crossing
    - outlap detection

All of this is handcrafted per track, so we'll need some time until we see a reasonable coverage. Currently Spa and Monza have lines, but it isn't "sharp" yet.
    My plan is:

1. Make sure the new plugin works as usual (you can slowly start to test this now)
    2. Enable debug information to you regulars, so you can offensively test the cuts and crossings without penalties
    3. I hope you guys give me a list of cuttable corners, ordered by severity
    4. Creation of the necessary data to increase coverage

In the end we'll see how satisified we are and how good my ideas to protect false positive cuts work out. If it's ok, MR will start to assign CP for cuts and all the other stuff I've unlocked with this plugin.
    This is backend work only, so I can put one after another without plugin change.

So please, start listing relevant corners (regarding cuts) with a 1-10 rating. Secondary: which pit exit lines are likely to be ignored which then cause accidents?

GTHQ_koop, Rolz, chksix and 8 others like this.
  7. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Nice changes are coming.
    One thing that immediately caught my attention regarding cutting. What about situations when a driver go off to avoid the mess in front? Is it possible for MR to detect something like that?

Monza from start to finish - 10. ;)

One thing that comes to my mind is none of the lines on any track should be ignored, don't cross the line and you are good to go. On the other hand maybe (if possible) ignore last few meters?

TDS likes this.
  8. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

Would be a pain to get cp and a slowdown penalty for just trying to avoid an accident when stopping isn't an option..
    It's already annoying to get the slowdown alone makes it seem like ploughing through is the better option...which it isn't!

9. Minolin

Kind of. For sure there is no easy solution* (otherwise I'd not need to do anything here).
    This is a good example where I don't want to put too much information out there, as any exception has the potential to be exploited, while gathering the information by try+error isn't going to end very nice.

I can tell that I have and will spent lots of effort on being defensive and prevent false positives. Cutters worked very well here, and with MR I have one or two more datapoints to regard.

*actually I have one, but not for MR.

Already covered. Also one of the best possible tracks to test the system.

No, none should be ignored. I'm german, you remember? :D You will receive CP even if you are alone on the server, but much more if your crossing is followed by an accident.
    Just asking for a priority, there are lots of tracks and I can only do one after the other.

German. No, unless you could fill out the Boxenstoppausgangslinienüberschreitungsausnahmeformular correctly.

fr13del, aotto1977, Rolz and 7 others like this.
  10. Minolin

Actually this effort tries two different things. For sure it's a very good source for more CP, if done right. You won't get a top score by accident here, I can promise.
    There is a chance that it really workes out well, because the penatly for a cut is so much more than in vanilla ac. You can't just enter the next lap and everthing is forgotten. So if the implementation is fine people will learn fast and MR can actually replace the hated AC penalty system. Nothing I can promise, but the chance is there.

chksix, Ace Pumpkin and TDS like this.
  11. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

:D

12. TDS

TDS Alien

interesting stuff, servers need to update plugin?

13. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I guess not:

TDS likes this.
  14. Minolin

nono, the servers need the neeed plugin (2.3.1) once. MR won't have full functionality now, but the rest will be added to the backend later.

TDS and Schnipp like this.
  15. Minolin

ah damn, we'll need another hotfix -.- Admins, please don't update to 2.3.1, it won't be the last try -.-
    (shouldn't hurt to use it if you already did so)

TDS likes this.
  16. aotto1977

aotto1977 Hardcore Simmer

I did in fact sign a Boxenausgangslinienüberschreitungsverbotsfreistellungsauftrag, so hooray for me. :cool:

Seriously: I've been waiting for a penalty regarding the exit lines so long. This is a good thing coming!
    I will install the new plugin version on my server as soon as I am done with the Ostermontagsfamilienkaffeetrinken.

fr13del, Schnipp and Rolz like this.
  17. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Will there be any notification apart from /mr incidentinfo?
    I guess if ppl. don't use the info function they might not understand why they got CP.

18. Rolz

Rolz Alien

I've never used incident info, but then i know i've lost CP when I've hit someone (or been hit).

This will be interesting, with exit lines... will you be as tough as what WallyM is with PLP?

I'll be way down the rankings then as I'm ok with RSR and AC penalties, but PLP i get smashed on all the time.

19. Minolin

Luckily I can't see any server running 2.3 yet, so I could reject the new version. I have two different sets of problems, one is that my cutting theory doesn't work out. This isn't happening a lot to me, so I'm in a mental crisis now :D
    Will see today if I can rescue the idea, and decide about it in the evening.

In the first stage we'll only notify interested people via /mr incidentinfo or something similar, without ever putting CP.
    Once you give me green light, MR will give both CP and proper message. I also think of a ramp-up per driver, so you get three warnings (one time per driver) before the system activates.

Message shouldn't be a problem as we really know what we detected here.

I never used PLP, but I think I can tell "no". Especially because the pit exit line usually isn't part of optimization like the track boundaries. Just don't drive over them and you are fine.

20. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Was going to try the plugin but then saw.

Will test on the next build, so with off track is it like Iracing type system to monitor how often people run off track or just to catch out people driving across pit exit line and big blatant cuts.

Would be good if apps could get info directly from clients or server much like RSR PLP to determine if they are on valid track. Newer versions of PLP allow for going off and re entering after having slowed not counting as cuts but its a client side app so likely nothing you can really work with server side.