1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Minorating.com (drivers thread)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Minolin, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Rolz

Rolz Alien

I think more useful for ppl trying to move up a grade than ppl already in A... I only check it when I've had a shocker and know I've been in some big crashes and my message log is full of crash messaged :p

Schnipp and baboon like this.
  2. baboon

baboon Alien

Yeah I get that for guys on C and below it's interesting. But if on A or B for a long time why bother?

Schnipp and Minolin like this.
  3. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Because we don't get mad enough by the contacts alone, we JUST NEED to see our pain in numbers. :D

Berniyh, rge75, aotto1977 and 4 others like this.
  4. I have never checked my grade or CP, and I have no interest in doing so.

5. baboon

baboon Alien

Sounds like some weird fetish ;)

Schnipp likes this.
  6. Sleeper Service

Sleeper Service Hardcore Simmer

Don't you mean YOUR braking point ;)

Just joking with you... 50m early is a little on the early side :)

7. aotto1977

aotto1977 Hardcore Simmer

I had a similar encounter last night. After some tight laps in Monza the guy in front of me missed the apex of the Ascari chicane and in the moment he noticed I would exit the corner faster than him he stomped on the brakes right in front of me. 1 CP with 97% for me, hooray.
    And that guy had a B rating...

8. Rolz

Rolz Alien

Still getting pinged CP for after race incidents... have to actively bail way off track and into pits to avoid pinballers...

9. aotto1977

Here's the video:

(action starts at 1:17)
    Watching it again, I think I might have saved from the contact if I backed up some more, but on the other hand I did lift the throttle and everything would have gone fine if he didn't stomp on the brakes. o_O

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  10. He was clearly either messing about or not using his mirrors properly, so the contact was entirely his fault.

11. aotto1977

Thanks for confirming my point of view, Christopher. ;)
    Sadly MR thought it was my fault, but nevertheless I managed to get grade A this weekend. :cool:

12. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I dont get it, what did he try to do, get back to another line, block you or did he somehow lose control of the car? I think a contact like that is hard (impossible?) for mr to realize it wasnt your fault.

13. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

The guy had oversteer twice in Ascari, the second time he hit the brakes at quite an angle. I wouldn't say with 100% certainty that he did it on purpose, but there is a chance he lost control or was simply struggling with the car.

14. It almost looks to me like he was moving from side to side in an attempt to warm his tyres. Whatever the case, he clearly wasn't paying enough attention.

15. aotto1977

This happened on the very last lap of the race. A bit late for warming the tyres, I guess. ;)
    As I had been chasing him for quite a while, he should have known I was right behind him.
    I think he simply tried to get back on the racing line asap. Not sure if the braked (Braked? Broke? Did brake?) on purpose to fool me, but this was just the last bit of a foul move overall. If you make a mistake it's up to you resume the race without compromising your opponents. (Unless your last name is Maldonado, of course.)

16. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

From the video I would have thought it was a practice/qualy or a lapped driver in a race since I couldn't even see him at the start of the video, so you gained very fast on him.

Do you still have the replay file? If so, have a look at his driving with the drivers camera position. Maybe he is a gamepad user since some of his movements seem quite weird and jerky.

17. aotto1977

Two laps before the video I got hit in the back entering the first lesmo and spun into the gravel. He must have made a mistake, too, so I could gain so much distance in the last lap. At around 0:52 you can see him driving an odd line up to lesmo 2, so I think he had an incident there and did everything to save his position.

18. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Ok, I see.
    I noticed that he wasn't visible until the Lesmo's and noticed he came from an unusual position.

Anyway, just to be clear, it was his fault, but I'm not 100% sure it was deliberate.

19. aotto1977

Yep, as I thought, he had a special moment in the lesmos: http://185.120.80.22:50042/lapdetails?lapid=277620

The more often I watch the recording, the more I agree.
    While racing and from the driver's view it looked like an "Oh there you are already. YOU SHALL NOT PASS!" action.

This goes on my "things the guy in front of you might do just as you thing you've got him" list. ;)

Atrip3 and Schnipp like this.
  20. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Just a thought regarding how minorating does grade drivers and as it is purely there for rating people in traffic. I wonder if it may be better if it purely based its rating on contacts per combat and attack kilometre? I think this would be the better indicator as this is used to get people into A or B and I think to be A you need to be high at combat/attack with low contacts per km. But does the non combat/attack range really say anything about how a driver is in traffic, this also may make it harder for some regular A drivers that may jump into servers first and just lap til others join. If they do this too much with not as much racing their grade drops due to low combat but the contact per km is also very low.

If rating the last 1000km of only close quarters driving I think it would likely give a better and more accurate grade to all, meaning some of the poor drivers in traffic seen at times in AB only servers wont get in and everyone would be rated based on their driving in traffic, not how many of the last 1000km they managed to avoid the traffic they probably normally hit. Even some fast guys aren't necessarily good in traffic and may hit most cars they pass but don't see many cars in 1000km so they have a fairly low contact count.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
    Rolz likes this.