1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Minorating.com (drivers thread)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Minolin, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

ptracker does the same without all the blinking, flashing and 'jumping' deltas.

2. demetri

demetri Hardcore Simmer

But eating up your CPU resources like a hungry wolf. Ever been in a race with 30+ cars and pTracker open?

3. Rolz

Rolz Alien

with 30+ cars all apps become a hindrance on CPU then impacting FPS... I bit the bullet and upgraded my PC after our league was getting constantly over 30ppl racing and my FPS on the rift was getting down to 30...
    Since the CPU upgrade I can run all my apps (I have lots) and now on 30+ racers it sits on the ASW 45 FPS limit and doesn't move.

Though it would be possibly a good feature to add? Manually limit how many drivers to show in front/behind you so it doesn't take up so much space with so many racers.

4. Sleeper Service

Sleeper Service Hardcore Simmer

5. martcerv

martcerv Alien

In a race you dont have a crew in the pits to keep an eye on the race situation for you, running ptracker for timing is quite handy as in game timing is still very hit and miss, it also saves a PB delta which I think is the key to being able to improve beyond the basic tips given in that thread. You need to know gaps to others around you if your planning a stop to not be in traffic and see if your gaining or losing to those around you. Ptracker for admins is handy, it shows MR grades of all in server with current builds, can easily kick or spectate other drivers in the session if needed.

At the basic level these are distractions but at the more advanced level drivers are able to do much more then just focus on reference points and basic line. ;)

Sean, Schnipp, kofotsjanne and 2 others like this.
  6. Sleeper Service

I understand where you're coming from @martcerv. I tend to think that all the info that's available is handy when it comes to setting up but for the short pickup racing that I tend to participate in, in the types of cars I tend to drive, it's just too much info and folks would be better off if they just concentrated on what's going on in their immediate vicinity ;). Personally, I don't take it anywhere near as seriously as some folks seem to do.... horses for courses and all that :D. It'd be nice to see some "direction" aimed at improving race-craft and I welcome the initiative started by @ Aristotelis trying to guide people in the right direction rather than the perceived emphasis on lap times. Lap time isn't worth squat if you're nestled in the wall at T1L1 after all ;). The more people are actually concentrating on what's going on around them the better as far as I'm concerned and the less distraction they have the better.

Simplistic view from a simple miserable old git :D

Christopher Low likes this.
  7. I don't use apps of any kind, and I still wouldn't use them if I was competing in extended league races with pit stops. I prefer to race without any kind of help from apps/pit crew/telemetry/any other BS ;)

Sleeper Service likes this.
  8. martcerv

martcerv Alien

No helicorsa, no lap counter, no tyre info, no fuel info, no delta etc? A completely blank screen in car then. ;) Vision in car even with triple screens can do with a little helicorsa assist, I dont rely on it just have it over my mirror so I can kill 2 birds with one stone.

Nearly every form of modern race car has a display with much of the info we need some apps for such as delta, fuel and tyre temps.

9. matz_AUT

matz_AUT Hardcore Simmer

I got a question regarding the way MR records incidents, or better what intervall the are transferred to the MR server.

Few days ago, I happened to be on a qualifying lap on a MR server with the 787B around SPA. I happened to run onto a slower car, who was marked in dark blue color on the timing app.
    With that in mind, and because time was running out, and I could not do another lap, I made a big mistake: I flashed the guy with my lights, and prayed he would move out of the way.
    Well, he did not, so I had to stay behind, but managed to pass him two corners later, out of Stavelot. Around twenty seconds later, braking for the bus stop chicane, his anger hit me hard, I estimate his impact speed was around 260kph...
    Anyhow, he left immediately afterwards, so I wondered, if he may have done so to avoid gathering CP's?

10. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

It should register instantly.

Use '/mr incidentinfo', you get a message after each contact resulting in CP.
    Usually 1s to 3s after the contact.

matz_AUT and kofotsjanne like this.
  11. I generally don't drive race cars ;) As for helicorsa......I use common sense, virtual mirror, and a healthy respect for other drivers on track to try and avoid collisions. No apps of any kind (apart from the Essentials Bar if I need to monitor my fuel load).

Sleeper Service likes this.
  12. Rolz

Rolz Alien

*cough* virtual mirror is an app;)

martcerv likes this.
  13. It doesn't count as an app in my book.

14. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Havent seen a virtual mirror in any real road car or an essentials bar. :D

Andy-R and Rolz like this.
  15. Sleeper Service

I use EDtracker Pro with my triples and with some simple setting up it's used to show me L and R mirrors and what's alongside just by looking at 1 of the three screens. I also use my ears.... strangely, it's just like the things I do when I'm driving for real ;)

All joking aside, it's down to each individuals choice at the end of the day. If I was a GT fanatic (thankfully not :p) then I might use more of the available info. I don't need it for driving the GT86 for 5 or 6 laps anywhere. The main thing for me is to find some way to improve the attitude and awareness of a large number of the pub crowd. The answer is probably... go join or start a league... something I don't have time for so I'll keep bleating on about it and shoving my two cents worth in wherever I can :D

Infinite Fun Space will be open for business next week. It'll be starting with some slowish cars and a healthy dose of strong moderation :eek: Might not be open for long but we'll see if anyone actually gets the message.... Here's hoping ;)

Christopher Low likes this.
  16. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Track map is probably the app that have saved me from most incidents but a reason for that is because im doing alot of Nordschleife Tourist and seeing faster cars coming up to you is really helpful. Realtime app usually glitch on Nordschleife Tourist so that alone wont give me the info but that is also helpful if you reconize names that are infront/behind you as safe or unsafe drivers. Using apps to go faster is not something i really value, more than tyre app, but apps that make you safer is something everyone should use, if they feel its needed. If not, good for them.

Rolz and martcerv like this.
  17. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

Again I made the mistake of racing on a non MR server. I would have made it into B I'm sure 'cause I could stay in attack range the whole race around Brands in the 190 AMG. :(
    The G29 has transformed my driving... :D

baboon and Schnipp like this.
  18. demetri

demetri Hardcore Simmer

Exactly, in a proper league race going without apps is like driving blind. Could be fun too, but if you want to be more or less competitive you have to use some apps because there's nobody else covering your back and telling you when it's a good time to pit or if the car ahead/behind is on the same lap as you. Delta is very important in qualification because if you see that you're behind your best time and you don't have fuel/tires left for another fast lap it makes sense to go to pits for the new stint and save the time you would've spent on inlap after this borked lap.

Rolz likes this.
  19. aotto1977

aotto1977 Hardcore Simmer

Hey @Minolin, is there any plan to maybe enrich the DriverInfo by some kind of development graphs in terms of "you're getting better/worse" or "you're this far from being up/downgraded"?

20. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Plans? Sure.
    Time to do it? Well, currently zero. I'm glad if I can keep up some reasonable amount of sleep during a week. Sorry :-/