1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic The Future

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Daz730, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

My GTS beta starters are a Hyundai :( Nissan GTR (gr4) :) and the Aston GT3 :cool:

bradleyland likes this.
  2. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Hi,

I don't know what happened with my other account, but i can't see nothing and do nothing with it:confused:
    So opened a new account.

About GT Sport.... Well. FFB is quite bad on the beta, you can't really feel a lot.

Physics... There are fun,but really far away from assetto corsa, they are quite basic... Very easy to drive a car around without any driving aids.
    They are als very forgiving in corner exits or going off track..

Tyre model is basic...you overheat them and in 1 second there are already OK again... No degration in beta version.

Damage and collision physics.... :oops: no damage, only some scratch and the collision physics are really bad, just like the older GT games.

The online races....quite laggy this afternoon, at night it was better.

Resumed... Nice looking game to have some fun, but isn't on level with project C.A.R.S and far away from assetto...

Coming back to assetto after GTS sesion was difficult.... Had to think again about "real car behaviour" :p

3. MartyBook

MartyBook Simracer

Hmmm it's sounding like just a prettier version of the GT's of old then :-( that's a shame.

Pretend racer mentions that the street cars are MUCH better than the racers, better physics and tyre model. Would you agree with that?

Applied for the open beta but not selected :'(

4. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

I really didn't find any big difference between the tyre model of race cars and street cars.
    It's the same as older GT's all cars can find from standard tyre up to racing tyres.

I would even say that they are too grippy all tyre I've tried.

Physics side, well, it's like those of GT6 but polished and if find it very forgiving behaviour.... No slipping on astroturf, easy to control the car off track... And all that with all driving aids off.
    The level of grip...i Would say it's between GT6 & driveclub.

TC is also very abusive on the lowest level and didn't like it at all.
    Also seen that there's 2 new driving aids.

Asistence in steering and a kind of "auto brake" .

It's fun, yes, it's a sim....Well a very basic, but really far away from assetto corsa and even Project C.A.R.S.

But i can't agree with pretend racer.

Here i let you you the impressions of a GTplanet user that also play a lot assetto and pcars.....

If ok I also want to share my thoughts. Keep in mind that I played AC a couple of hundred hours in 2017 and GTS only 3 hours. ANd GTS I only raced with three cars in default setup!

First time I started a hot lap in GTS was Brands Hatch with a VW Scirocco The track is very clean and also the known markers for braking etc are missing (maybe because it is an unfinished Beta?). After 5-10 minutes I really thought what is going on. I completely missed the 'feel of the wheel, car, track'. With AC you have much more the idea that you handle the car and it responds way better on steering, braking changes. Also FBB/T300 is very weak in the beginning.

Then I turned up the FBB, sensitivity, responsiveness. This already improved a lot. But still braking is like floating on ice. For now GTS is more Driveclub then AC or PCars (with regards to physics)

Next time trial was a Subaru WRX on that new Dragon Trail track. Very refreshing new track.
    Hey it seems like the car is doing more what I want it to do in comparison with the VW Scirocco. Better connection between your input devices and how the car behaves on track.

Overall AC seems to be a league on its own with regards to physics on console. That we already knew and is still the case. GTS feels like your floating/hoovering over a very wet track (only for now?). I personally miss the realistic physics behavior of the cars on track.

But to end a little more positive for GTS : it is a graphical superb race game (not a sim...) and it has a huge potential.

BrainsBush and MartyBook like this.
  5. barkx_

barkx_ Racer

Still i didn't receive a Beta Code But Thanks for sharing your Impressions. Seems like PC2 will be the only interesting Game this year

Donnced2 likes this.
  6. PRO Stream BG

PRO Stream BG Simracer

The future for AC is constantly waiting to add a PC fetures to consoles.... But when PCars 2 is released the waiting is over, at least for me...i give up with AC and all this slow development... (they must release a console version when is ready or at least all basic fetures from PC are in...) in my opinion! Is a good game but compared to others have a huge lack of content and features...and with the time goes too boring or frustranting because we cant set up our wheels/pedals, buttons and single player grid...and about the Multiplayer in curent state is a bad joke compared to other games outhere or who income this year..

Timm2012 likes this.
  7. BrainsBush

BrainsBush Hardcore Simmer

@Donnced I was reading your post and thought what a great comparison review. The one who wrote that down must be a pro :p:D:)

Just did some races around that Blue Moon Bay track. Ovals are not my cup of tea. After 10 laps I get dizzy. On two races I started 2nd and the complete race was a very good fight for 1-2-3 place. And in the last turn BAM in the middle of the track my car suddenly started spinning around?? No I did not hit a wall, curb, other car, just in the middle of the track coming out a corner. I thought a blown tire but the indicator showed nothing? Only happened in races and not during hotlapping??

Now that I have an extra couple of hours GTS experience I stock to my first impression as quoted by you in above post. Especially that floating and that feeling you are racing on a track but do not have a real connection with the car/asphalt/brakes. Like you are a spectator of racing your own car

Donnced2 likes this.
  8. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

I really didn't find any big difference between the tyre model of race cars and street cars.
    It's the same as older GT's all cars can find from standard tyre up to racing tyres.

I would even say that they are too grippy all tyre I've tried.

Physics side, well, it's like those of GT6 but polished and if find it very forgiving behaviour.... No slipping on astroturf, easy to control the car off track... And all that with all driving aids off.
    The level of grip...i Would say it's between GT6 & driveclub.

TC is also very abusive on the lowest level and didn't like it at all.
    Also seen that there's 2 new driving aids.

Asistence in steering and a kind of "auto brake" .

It's fun, yes, it's a sim....Well a very basic, but really far away from assetto corsa and even Project C.A.R.S.

But i can't agree with pretend

Here i let you you the impressions of a GTplanet user that also play a lot assetto and pcars.....

If ok I also want to share my thoughts. Keep in mind that I played AC a couple of hundred hours in 2017 and GTS only 3 hours. ANd GTS I only raced with three cars in default setup!

First time I started a hot lap in GTS was Brands Hatch with a VW Scirocco The track is very clean and also the known markers for braking etc are missing (maybe because it is an unfinished Beta?). After 5-10 minutes I really thought what is going on. I completely missed the 'feel of the wheel, car, track'. With AC you have much more the idea that you handle the car and it responds way better on steering, braking changes. Also FBB/T300 is very weak in the beginning.

Then I turned up the FBB, sensitivity, responsiveness. This already improved a lot. But still braking is like floating on ice. For now GTS is more Driveclub then AC or PCars (with regards to physics)

Next time trial was a Subaru WRX on that new Dragon Trail track. Very refreshing new track.
    Hey it seems like the car is doing more what I want it to do in comparison with the VW Scirocco. Better connection between your input devices and how the car behaves on track.

Overall AC seems to be a league on its own with regards to physics on console. That we already knew and is still the case. GTS feels like your floating/hoovering over a very wet track (only for now?). I personally miss the realistic physics behavior of the cars on track.

But to end a little more positive for GTS : it is a graphical superb race game (not a sim...) and it has a huge potential.
    This evening they've put the green hell in the beta... I thought... Lets have fun here, cause it was a traditional track i always really liked in the GT saga.

Went on track with the alfa romeo C4 Gr.3 (fictional GT3 racecar based on a real car) and was completely blown out of the forgiveness of the game and the grip the car showed on the racing tyres hard compound.

The fluhgplatz you can go practically flat out :confused:
    Or pass over the curbs with no problems and consequences.. And if the rear want to step out its just that easy to lift up a little and the car is stable again.

Since today i love even more the nordschleife laser scanned of assetto corsa, that is really the "green hell" that don't gonna forgive you any driving fault.

After that i tried the big willow track... With the N series cars.
    And again I've got the sensation of "to much grip" and the forgiveness if you going offtrack.
    I would even say that when you get offtrack in the same track in GT6 it was less forgiving and in some curbs it maked the car bounce.

And yes, they should really improve the FFB quality on steering wheel to get rid of that "floating sensation" and feel more the car.
    I tried also the controler, and implantation is like in other GT games really good... "plug'n play".
    The "rumbles" of the dualshock meanwhile you are driving was given me less "floating sensation" than on my T150 :eek:

So I'm on a point i want to wait for an possible improvement of the FFB quality on steering wheels in a incoming update.

But even with all that,i don't think that physics side and car behaviours,tyres model will change a lot more of what it is now in the future final release of the game.

It's fun and the best is the "irating" system, but knowing that Project C.A.R.S 2 will feature also a online system like that..my money will go to SMS because i expect a better sim and a more complete game.

PRO Stream BG, MartyBook and LeDude83 like this.
  9. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Unfortunately a you tube clip can't show you how lush GT Sport looks,on a PS4 pro with HDR enabled...

I did about 150 miles today in the 3GT3 cars that I have in the garage, Aston, Mercedes and McLaren. The steering and FFB feels much the same for each car, although they do behave differently particularly noticeable is that different things like bumps for example that upset them. This feels a little odd as some of them (bumps) you don't really feel when you drive over them.

The HUD feels very cluttered, I haven't managed to find a way to clean it up yet, I do like the multifunction buttons on the wheel for adjusting things like TCS and brake balance, but I wish the panel would disappear when not in use. In the clip I have it showing lap time info...

Replays are brilliant, the best in the business, camera placement and movement feels very real, and make watching your laps back a joy, other games should really take note of what GT does so well here...

No racing till next weekend :( that is what is going to make or break the game for me anyway!

10. MartyBook

MartyBook Simracer

Green hell replay has always been a bit of a gt showcase feature hasn't it. Looks lush.

Does look very grippy though, you were mega early back on full power exiting the corner before carousel (not sure of the name ), I almost always get a wiggle on out of there but then I also know what a good driver you are ;-)

11. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul Hardcore Simmer

The FFB in GT Sport is awful in my view. I find it so disappointing that I play with my Dualshock 4 now as I have no confidence in the car when using the wheel as I don't feel connected to it. You realise just how brilliant Assetto Corsa is when you try GT Sport.

Replays in GTS look terrific, they always do, but in terms of replay camera angles Assetto Corsa is still my favourite experience.

The only thing from GTS I would like to see in Assetto Corsa is the timing information to other drivers and our lap times because it is brilliantly implemented.
    The set-up in AC is laughable. The best example of it being that when you finish a race you are shown the drivers best lap time. No winning margin or gap to the next car just the pointless PB lap. This aside, AC is superior to GTS in every important aspect of a racing experience in my opinion.

Donnced2 likes this.
  12. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

I haven't really got my head around grip levels, as everyone is saying the FFB doesn't give much idea of them! I get a rough idea of when the front tyres have reached the limit, but the rear tyres start to slide I end up reacting to what is happening on the screen. That feels very odd to me right now...

They tyres used in the clip are the least grippy that GTS has to offer, racing hard, I think in the qualifying TT they are forced for everyone.

The clip isn't a super fast lap by any means, it is about 20 seconds off the ultimate pace when I last checked....I need more seat time, not to mention a refresher of what Gran Turismo's settings actually do ;)

13. PRO Stream BG

PRO Stream BG Simracer

I definitivley pass out GTSport... I didnt test it..but i see lots of negative feedback..and what i see is they follow thir Arcadish style gameplay...having AC and the incoming PCars2 i thing a sim lovers gome a get all what they needs with this 2 games by far...im a bit sad ,because i never miss a GT game, but is time to drop off my dream to see a realistic Gran Turismo sim game...this not gone a happen never! So Kunos keep up the work and dont drop out your support to the game...you gone a loose lots of players when PC2 is released with sure...but you have also a chance to surprise the users with something really good before its released..in any case we need games who follow the realism...arcadish racing are everywhere incluiding GT series...

14. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

IMO just another gran tourismo with crappy sounds and crappy driving characteristics, don't get me wrong GT has always been an awesome game but when you advertise your tittle as a racing/driving simulator it has always fallen short and disappointed me with the Arcade style of driving. when pcars 2 comes out and Assetto Corsa (PS4 Version) gets the custom sessions etc GT sport will struggle to keep up in terms of the Driving/Racing experience on the Consoles :cool:. now iv'e said that i'm sure all you Fan boys want to strike back so go ahead :).

15. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Ok...so is there anyone actually surprised about this??? I honestly hope not ;-)

Reinart86 likes this.
  16. MartyBook

MartyBook Simracer

With the FIA involvement and focus on online competition I'd have to say....Yeah

17. Daz730

Daz730 Racer

Recently read a write up by a top level online Sim Racer who was lucky enough to have been invited to test Pcars 2 , this person is a huge AC fan , one of his first comments was ' It's the BEST things I've ever tried ' the future of Sim racing games is looking Rosey :)

paul_wev and PRO Stream BG like this.
  18. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

The way he grips the wheel would really get to me, get those thumbs in..

19. PRO Stream BG

PRO Stream BG Simracer

I have similar annswer from a friend of Eurogamer..he absolutly like the Pcars2!

20. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

All just hype. Well-staged hype, like the first time.

Tomcul likes this.